IGNORED

Nagging Newbie Question

metter2009

I am booking my newbie trip within the next 2 days. I have spent countless hours doing research on this site about all things Pattaya. I have traveled to Japan and China before, but this will be my first trip to Thailand(Pattaya). Not sure what to expect. I am leaning towards PBR for a newbie? It is reccommended on this site and has Airport pickup. Honestly on my First trip I see myself as a BG guy. Soi 7 or 8. Other Beer Bars also. Is this hotel convient? I am in good shape and don't mind walking. Probably on a 2000 Baht Budghet. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am going in late November..

For that budget you have many choices. For a virgin trip, I would book on near WS or LK area. A couple thoughts:

The Vault

LK Ren

China Garden

View Talaya

Pasadena Lodge

Jasmine

Sandy Spring

White House Condotel

I am staying @ Page10 Soi 10 as we speak - you can get a very decent room for between 1500 and 2000 depending on when you come - there is a beer bar complex within 10 seconds walk - the standard has gone up since my last visit a month ago

I am a fussy fucker and there are at least 10 girls there I would happily deal with - so far 1 has been tried and tested seems her ID is lost so she had to move on after 24 hours - have my eye on another and she knows it but we are both waiting for a previous conquest to go back to Bangkok for a few days

Its close enough to all the right places and a bus away from WS which I personally avoid

LK Metro is about 3 - 5 minutes walk

Add Areca in Soi Diana to that list also note that some of the places in that list do not have swimming pools

Flipper house soi 7 is your chance. You have many BB around.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

All of the suggestions are good mate.

Seriously don't over think were you are staying.

Many people have stayed at PBR and loved it and highly recommend it.

The location is great...jumping on a Baht bus from 2nd road will get you to most of the places you need to go..

It's a shortish walk to Walking Street also.

Perfect location.

Not sure about Airport pickup but look into the Bell Bus service or if you are in a complete rush then you can always catch a cab.

Bell Bus Link

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

For newbie I won't suggest LK Metro area (It's a great area and I love it) as you might want to explore. It's better to stay in one of the hotel nearer to 2nd road or beach road where you can just hope onto a baht bus.

The previous posters had made great hotel suggestions. Thaitrav also mentioned Bell travel which is a cheap & great way to get to Pattaya. But for a newbie I suggest taking a private transport and have them ready to pick you up after a long flight.

Mr T & PT taxi are good, just make sure you get a confirmation email reply. I do find booking a couple days in advance is better as you would not need to remind them before the trip.

[email protected]

http://www.pttaxiservice.com/

Have fun on your 1st trip :)

It's better to pay now then to pay later. Nothing is free.

On a newbie trip and with that budget Soi 13 would be perfect. Easy baht bus to soi 7 or WS (or walk) and most hotels there have a pool and are joiner friendly. And close to Soi Diana.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

eastiny seven on soi 7 .. very good value 1100/night (cheaper weekly), nice rooms, balcony & swimming pool, breakfast, friendly staff

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

If you want a hotel, Sunshine hotel & Residences in Soi 8. About 900 Baht per night. If you are into Soi 7 and 8 this is right in the thick of it. Opposite the hotel is a lane where you can cut through to Soi 7. Bar fine friendly. Reception girls friendly. If you book for two the room price is the same but your bar fine gets free breakfast. Avoid the Kings Bar diagonally opposite the hotel. Went there as a newbie and got skinned alive. Live and learn.

PS. If you do plan on staying there, book the Residences part of the hotel - newer and nicer.

Edit - added PS.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

I am staying @ Page10 Soi 10 as we speak - you can get a very decent room for between 1500 and 2000 depending on when you come - there is a beer bar complex within 10 seconds walk - the standard has gone up since my last visit a month ago

I am a fussy fucker and there are at least 10 girls there I would happily deal with - so far 1 has been tried and tested seems her ID is lost so she had to move on after 24 hours - have my eye on another and she knows it but we are both waiting for a previous conquest to go back to Bangkok for a few days

Its close enough to all the right places and a bus away from WS which I personally avoid

Add Areca in Soi Diana to that list also note that some of the places in that list do not have swimming pools

Thanks for the advice. Page 10 booked. Uped my trip to Sept.

LK Metro is a great area for newbies IMO. I stayed there my first couple of trips.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

All of the suggestions are good mate.

Seriously don't over think were you are staying.

Many people have stayed at PBR and loved it and highly recommend it.

The location is great...jumping on a Baht bus from 2nd road will get you to most of the places you need to go..

It's a shortish walk to walking street also.

Perfect location.

Not sure about Airport pickup but look into the Bell Bus service or if you are in a complete rush then you can always catch a cab.

Bell Bus Link

This may helpBell travel 3 .SMALL copy.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

eastiny seven on soi 7 .. very good value 1100/night (cheaper weekly), nice rooms, balcony & swimming pool, breakfast, friendly staff

Are there any afternoon sun on the balconies?

What s the pool like at Page10, in the pictures it looks v small with not many beds available ?

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

What s the pool like at Page10, in the pictures it looks v small with not many beds available ?

You can go to Mike's pool in the Mike Mall. I use it every day because the pool where I'm staying is too small. It's on the 10th floor and costs 100 baht. It's close to Soi 10.