IGNORED

Question regarding HIV ?

mudaliyar

HI GUYS,

IF ONE PERSON ON DAY ONE HAS INFECTED WITH HIV AND IT HAS WINDOW PERIOD FOR THREE MONTHS TO GET POSITIVE RIGHT ?

AND LET'S SAY SOMEONE HAS SEX WITH HER FOR THE FIRST 15 DAYS DID HE HAS A CHANCE TO GET HIV ?

THIS QUESTION BUGGING MY MIND FOR YEARS I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND AND CANNOT FIND ANSWER ANYWHERE ?

IF IT CAN SPREAD HOW ? AND IF NOT HOW ?

I HEARD ALL OTHER STD HAS SAME KIND LIKE 14 DAYS WINDOW TO GET POSITIVE IT'S TRUE ?

AND SAME SCENARIO APPLY IF INFECTED WHEN WILL TURN IN TO HOST ?

Dont know, but this is from the Wikipedia website. Is a lot of reading but the info you need'll be in there somewhere.

i read that but i could not understand it ?

Edited by anakin

HI GUYS,

IF ONE PERSON ON DAY ONE HAS INFECTED WITH HIV AND IT HAS WINDOW PERIOD FOR THREE MONTHS TO GET POSITIVE RIGHT ?

AND LET'S SAY SOMEONE HAS SEX WITH HER FOR THE FIRST 15 DAYS DID HE HAS A CHANCE TO GET HIV ?

THIS QUESTION BUGGING MY MIND FOR YEARS I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND AND CANNOT FIND ANSWER ANYWHERE ?

I HEARD ALL OTHER STD HAS SAME KIND LIKE 14 DAYS WINDOW TO GET POSITIVE IT'S TRUE ?

^

i read that but i could not understand it ?

Same same

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

Guys, I'm no expert on the subject of STD's but suspect that yes is the answer.

I do not know how long it takes for HIV virus to go first exposure to full blown illness, but we have all had experiences with the common cold that is also a virus.

How long did it take for it a cold to progress from exposure to illness for any of you? Did you know that the host was contagious prior to the moment exposure? Ever catch a cold and wonder where the heck you got it from? All that would have taken would have been a kiss, sharing a drinking glass or some other mucus membrane exposure.

The virus will begin replicating once inside its host. What it does upon entry to the body is enter further into a cell of the body. Once inside the cell, the virus fools the cell to start recreating more viruses to the point that that cell explodes and releases the new viruses into the blood stream and the process is repeated.

Who long that process takes is the real incubation process and I doubt it has been studied in any great detail because of the high variability in the state of human immune systems.

HIV

What is generally understood about the incubation period for HIV in the USA resulted from most early USA HIV cases were drug addicts.

And I think its bull shit.

Due to the poor nutrition and a weakened immune system many took as long as 6 months to become HIV positive. They generally presented to medical care with flu-like-symptoms (FLS) and would have unusually frequent episodes of FLS.

When the medical community finally started to pick up on the problem, it was already a full blown epidemic that stared entering the socioeconomic strata beyond poor gay drug addicts.

When an otherwise healthy person became exposed to HIV, their bodies had more healthy immune systems and tended to respond more quickly to the virus, thus becoming positive sooner. But medical science could not test directly for the HIV virus. All we could look for was the human body responce to the virus called "anti-bodies".

HIV testing does not test for the virus. It tests for the anti-body to the virus that would be the body’s response.

This is why I think talk of an HIV virus incubation is bogus.

For anti-bodies to be present, the virus must have already been present in significan enough number to cause an immune responce.

Gonorrhea

Is a bacterial infection also called Clap, Drip and other names. Once this bacterium enters a body, usually via unprotected intercourse it begins to replicate.

How long is the “incubation period?” Again, I think this is a miss-use of the word.

If you have ever left milk out over night you already know that one day is long enough for it to go bad.

Bacteria replicates very quickly and I suspect that once a host is infected it will not take long for bacterium to start spilling out in numbers enough to infect another.

Is there a period of time that one can be infected with either and not come back positive on a test? Yes. Are they infective...yes, I think so anyway.

Bottom line, always use protection.

I think it's imporssible to pin down time frames because so much depends on the individual's own immune system, their general health/strength, other factors like have they been talking anti-biotics and if so which ones and for how long.

I totally agree, and continue to caution against the belief in "incubation".

Ones a person is infected just suspect that they can also be infective.

HI GUYS,

Look, I understand you're frustrated, or you forgot how that darn CAPS-LOCK button works, but undo it -- makes things quite annoying to read, PLUS it's considered yelling online and a bit rude.

That said, the posts before mine seemed pretty informative, basically, wrap it up or you're rollin the dice.

• 2 weeks later...

Once a person is infected they are at their most infectious within a couple if weeks until about 6 months after initial infection - technically they could test as HIV negative for this whole period although most people should test positive within 3 months.

Edited by unlucky1

HI GUYS,

You can get HIV from anyone that has the virus. The person that has just been infected with it can infect someone else once the virus has succesfully established itself in their blood. This can be any time depending on many factors including the potency of initial viral load.

• 2 weeks later...

You can get HIV from anyone that has the virus. The person that has just been infected with it can infect someone else once the virus has succesfully established itself in their blood. This can be any time depending on many factors including the potency of initial viral load.

I think what the original poster was trying to get at is...If you test a girl and she is negative then can she infect you if she has just been infected but has not shown postitive on her test? Maybe best to carry on using the party hat untill the next test in 3 months time...or even always use one unless you are trying for kids in the future but ...