Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Return flight

ipweb

how much time in advance do you need to be in the BANGKOK airport before boarding for your return flight ?

It would be too silly to miss the plane and have to stay more time in thailande :wink:

Regards.

Edited by ipweb

long haul flights they recomend 3 hours.. :Chained_Desk:

id usually be 3 hours in advance anyway, make use of the launge access :Beer:

2 hours is about the limit, just incase something happens on the way to the airport, accident etc :What:

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

how much time in advance do you need to be in the BANGKOK airport before boarding for your return flight ?

It would be too silly to miss the plane and have to stay more time in thailande :wink:

Regards.

I think two hours can be enough. Do not forget imigration row can be long. You can spent on this place long time. You do not want stay more time in Thailand? You are first man has this opinion ! :o

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

2-3 Hours. Check in isnt usually so bad, but immigration can be very full at time.

Two hours probably the best in my opinion....

gota love been a silver member with etihaid, fast pass immigration and security :Dance1:

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Usually Airlines have a "last check-in" time, ask your travel agency about your airline - long-haul flights I believe it's 90 minutes. Anyway if you check-in by that time, the airline will help to get you through immigration and customs quick and get you on board in time.

But be careful to cut it to close if you miss that time, you are toast and end up in front of a closed check-in counter. :Party3:

Edited by pattaya.fan

Please be kind to all members - "like" posts that are helpful!

Posted Image

of course there are worse places to miss your flight than thailand

dammm :SteamingMad: ...stuck in thailand for another week...lol :Grin_Jump1:

My flight take off at 22h50, so i guess i can leave PATTAYA with a taxi around 18h00.

• 2 weeks later...

do NOT miss flight

If on a 30 day visa things can go bad quick, usually 1 day over-stay no problem, after 2 days it can get messy. 500B fee per day, you have 500B on you ? right ?

Airline can charge you up to a new return ticket price if you miss flight, minium a 100 USD/euro re-book fee. OOPPs no flights for a couple of days, now you pay overstay fee, hotel bill......

Easy fix don't be late, allow 2 hours to get to BKK, and 3 hours for airport delays

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

As a former airline employee i have travelled as as staff passenger many times from bangkok, allmost all airlines close their flight for checkin at -45 mins to the published departure time ,it is at that time that they close the check in for any remaining booked passengers , they then onload the passengers that have been waiting , ie standby and staff ticket passengers , then they finalise the the flight to calculate the weight and balance of the aircraft. When i fly i allways arive 3 hours early.

If it helps, I allow 2 hours for travel to BKK (taxi's can be late turning up, you never know what might happen on the roads.....) plus 2 hours for check-in time. So, I travel 4 hours ahead of the flight time. It usually means wasting about an hour having a meal and drink before boarding, but I'd rather be way too early than just a little latebiggrin.gif.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

If it helps, I allow 2 hours for travel to BKK (taxi's can be late turning up, you never know what might happen on the roads.....) plus 2 hours for check-in time. So, I travel 4 hours ahead of the flight time. It usually means wasting about an hour having a meal and drink before boarding, but I'd rather be way too early than just a little latebiggrin.gif.

Cheers

Perthie

Pretty much the same with the 4 hour rule and never had a problem.

gota love been a silver member with etihaid, fast pass immigration and security :Dance1:

there is no fast track at bangkok airport

there is no fast track at bangkok airport

there is fass track for immergration and security at bangkok airport :Club_fight1:

Last time i travelled it took 2 hours getting througn immigration so you would def need to leave 3 hours when you get to Bangkok airport.