Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Air Asia to Phuket

thaibutch

Has anyone flown Air Asia to Phuket. They are doing return trips for 1750 Bhat ! That's about half the cost of anyone else. Are there any catches / extra costs that I can't see ? That price includes all taxes and insurance.

I usually remove the insurance because my holiday travel insurance is more than enough.

Air Asia is great. Cheap and cheerful. I've flown plenty with them and have never had any problems. It's the usual in the sense that you pay extra for everything i.e. food, seat choice, luggage allowance etc. I only need the latter and it still comes out dirt cheap.

Edited by occasionalpunter

WELCOME TO THAILAND: "People don’t want to be millionaires — they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy."

I've been on them several times, no complaints, they cheapest because you get nothing, just a seat on the plane and that's it. However, that's usually all I want. For a short flight there's no need to pay more.

Air asia is a budget airline that's why it should be cheaper as long as you book early. There'll be charges for check-in luaggage, online adminstrative charges, no on-flight meal. Advise not to take up their insurance as the coverage is very limited.

Generally they are ok, sometime there'll be delays (normally under 4hrs). Been using air asia along with other budget airlines like tiger airways & jetstar ever since their lauch years ago :)

It's better to pay now then to pay later. Nothing is free.

Air Asia are fine. It's worth checking out Nok Air to Phuket too as they're often competitively priced. Nok fly from Don Muang (the old Bangkok Airport) which is quieter and quicker to get in/out of.

Flown many times with Air Asia, and never had any problem.

I remember of a Phuket-BKK flight that was free (you only had to pay airport taxes...)

Airasia are a good airline, one thing I do fault them on os if you want to change your flight then that is not easy, I was looking to change a flight earlier this year and in the end didn't bother as it appeared that I just had to book a new flight and didn't get any refund on my original flight. Compare this with a flight change with Bangkok Airlines and that was a straight forward 500 baht charge.

I flew BKK-PHU earlier this year and both flights were delayed just over an hour.

It is worth being on their email list for all the offers they have.

They are ok, as other BM wrote skip the insurance if you have a travel insurance of your own (i do hope you do!). If you are travelling with luggage other than the carry on book it when you book the tickets - otherwise you will have to pay double the price at the check-in counter.

Everyone has the right to my opinion

I've got my Air Asia flight booked to Phuket only paid 1,700 baht, can't beat that.

Slightly off topic what's the best way to get from Phuket airport to Patong. Are the baht bus thieves still charging 600 baht each way. Is there a bus service?

I've got my Air Asia flight booked to Phuket only paid 1,700 baht, can't beat that.

Slightly off topic what's the best way to get from Phuket airport to Patong. Are the baht bus thieves still charging 600 baht each way. Is there a bus service?

There's a shared mini bus service from airport to Patong at 150B (IIRC). It's just outside the airport.

It's better to pay now then to pay later. Nothing is free.

There's a shared mini bus service from airport to Patong at 150B (IIRC). It's just outside the airport.

can ou please provide some more details on this bt.150 service?

Leave the airport and turn right and there is a little hut.

This is the taxi stand and they can get you to Phuket safely and for a decent price.

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

1700 that cheap. I am considering using them next year when I will be back to Phuket , to check if something has changed for the better.

I have flown air asia many times too mainly between melbourne to kuala lumpur and thenon to bangkok. Cheap as chips and very good servive. Today I just booked a return ticket from melbourne to kuala lumpur for $350 aussie dollars return. Add another $60 for the bankok leg.

Just don't rely on A Asia to get you to a connecting flight on the same day. Book & fly the day before your flight home. They're late all the time & flight cancellations are not unknown. Leave 1/2 your luggage in Bangkok at your hotel w/the bellmen. Just take what you need. They love to charge you extra for anything bigger than a wallet. They'll make you check it in too. Nok is way cheap to HKT too & BKK Air is sometimes cheapest. Look around 1st. wj