Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Full Check Up for Men

socrates

Just got back from full check up at PMH

This included:

Blood pressure test

Blood test - full analysis

Urine test

Stool test

Chest X-Ray

ECG

Follow up meeting with doctor (within an hour) to discuss results

Cost 4,700 bt - a very quick service - in and out of each room at lightning speed - they were literally waiting for me at each section - only delay is getting the results to see doctor about 45 minutes or so

Nil by mouth for 6-10 hours before and just turn up on the day

I took advantage of the break to grab a foot massage round the corner towards 3rd Road still in the backstreets there

In my opinion it is money well spent

The Results - well to be honest I know I have to lose weight - everything was fine - the main ones to look out for are Cholesterol which was average and PSA again average and I suppose any of the heart stuff - one interesting result is the 'good cholesterol' score (which was high in my case)- apparently that helps your immune system and your general well being - you live and learn.

Ureic acid was a tad high and blood pressure a tad high (there were a lot of nurses there)!

Overall I would recommend it and at just under £100 its cheap - UK this would probably cost £300 and would not include some of the tests so more like £500 and you would have to go back another day to get results

For those of you who do not know PMH is Soi 9 between 2nd and 3rd road kind of opposite Central and more towards 3rd road end but its not a long Soi

Telephone number is 0384 88 777

Thanks for the post. The hospital is about a 25 second walk from my hotels front door. It is down about 45 meters from 2nd road on Moo9. That is basically an alley that runs along a beer bar complex. I went to PMH a few months ago about a rash on my leg. I ended up seeing a GP as there was no dermatologists on staff aailable until FRiday. This was on a tuesday. They charged me bt.850 and the doctor said the rash would go away on its own. I opted to head over to Pattaya International Hospital. There I immediately was seen by a dermatologists who prescribed drugs and cream that cleared up the rash. While I was there I decided to get a full work up for STD tests. The costs for everything including the meds was bt.2,850.

I was also in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital last year to have a partial big toe excision. It was a quick process and not too painful either physically or financially.

I wouldn't ding the PMH but personally I like the other two better in terms of professionalism and general appearance facility and appearance wise.

Hello

Ref your Tests that you had done. Sorry but you are a kittle out regarding cost for the U.K Anybody can go to there own G.P and have these tests done for nothing. Granted results will take a little longer to come through than others but they are still free although not part of an Annual checkup.

If as you hit Fifty as I am it is a good idea to get a full MOT and working in the ECG Field for over 25 Yrs a ECG just will clear u at the time as ok, it would alert you to a sudden Cardiac Arrest , something which is always a possibility in Pats what with the Drink, Kamagra etc and not forgetting the Honeys.

Best wishes and good Health to all

Oops I meant to say would not alert you to a Cardiac Arrest but MAY pick up an undiagnosed problem although this is only a very small percentage

Oops I meant to say would not alert you to a Cardiac Arrest but MAY pick up an undiagnosed problem although this is only a very small percentage

Mate in order to have all these tests done I would have to go on 3 or 4 separate dates - and wait around for ages on each occasion - can I be bothered - no - can anyone be bothered in order to save £100 - I do not really know...

The Queen Sirakit hospital, Satahip, about 30 mins by the way or the Rayong bus, the Thai Navy/Military Hospital offer a similar service, you turn up with ID, preferably Passport about 8.30am before the rush.

Go to Reception, ask for full medical, they take copy of your passport and give you a registration card, go to the 1st station, and go through the checklist of family medical history etc, then all the stages of the medical, I think it was just over 2000baht for the full works including ECG etc etc.

You go back in about 2 weeks for a print out of all the results and the nurse tells you what is good or bad, they told me I was over weight, cheeky bastards.

Good service though.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Recently had to go through full Expat medical for overseas work, and I mean FULL. Went to Bangkok Hospital, Pattaya and was all good, in the same day.

Blood, hearing tests, Spirometry, the works. be careful of flirting with the nurses, more fun to be had at Bumrungrad, Bangkok

Cheers

When saying these tests are "free" back in the UK, you are in correct in that you don't pay the hospital yourself, but how much do you think the government is taking in tax to provide these hospital services? Im guessing alot more than 100 pounds.

Surely the Tax I pay goes towards ANY Hospital or GP Services that I need and if after 30 Yrs of paying towards this I am then in credit ?

So yes it free God bless the NHS and no Monies leave your Wallet

Sorry by credit I mean not having to use NHS etc the last 39 Yrs. Other People may of course differ

Excellent find but seems miles away from Pattaya - how far away is it?

I've been to Bangkok Pattaya, and Pattaya International. I prefer Pattaya international where I've always been treated well.

The kidney Dr. at Bangkok Pattaya would not preform the pulveriser treatment until one droped and he had to go in through

my penis to remove that one then, fially agreed to pulverise the other 3 but I had to wait a couple of day's while they brought the machine down from Bangkok, meaning I had pay for two operations and was out of commission for a week I offered to go to Bangkok. But no. other than him it seems like a good hospital. The staff seems more friendly too at PI.

Edited by Anokanite

Excellent find but seems miles away from Pattaya - how far away is it?

In Bangkok, between Sukhumvit Soi 1 and Soi 3: most taxi drivers know it; about 300 baht taxi fare from the airport.

• 2 weeks later...