IGNORED

Hotel in LK metro area.

BostonSteve

Coming up on the third trip. I have stayed at Areca in that area and I am looking for somewhat similar. Stayed at a different hotel on my 2nd trip that had no pool and food. Loved the place for other reasons, but I want to relax for the first 2 weeks.

My budget is 1700-2000 per night. Must have a pool, workout room is optional and a restaurant or one a stone's throw away. I did enjoy the Areca but read they are undergoing construction and want to avoid that at all costs. I have also figured out I really enjoy that area and spend most of my down time there.

Any recommendations from recent stays in the area?

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

Try the LK Metropole. Nice rooms, everything you mentioned is there and I always found the staff to be very accommodating.

Cheers

BARGIRLS CAN FAKE AN ORGASM BUT I CAN FAKE A WHOLE RELATIONSHIP

Coming up on the third trip. I have stayed at Areca in that area and I am looking for somewhat similar. Stayed at a different hotel on my 2nd trip that had no pool and food. Loved the place for other reasons, but I want to relax for the first 2 weeks.

My budget is 1700-2000 per night. Must have a pool, workout room is optional and a restaurant or one a stone's throw away. I did enjoy the Areca but read they are undergoing construction and want to avoid that at all costs. I have also figured out I really enjoy that area and spend most of my down time there.

Any recommendations from recent stays in the area?

Hi Steve...

I'm not really trying to promote Nature View hotel, but you might want to check out my comments in another thread Here. I have at least three posts in that thread, including some photos.

I have other reasons for NOT staying at Areca. See: This recent thread and This older one.

Nature view doesn't really have a restaurant, although some food is available in the Lobby. (And, as you know, there's a lot of places to eat around Soi Diana / Soi Buakaow / Soi LK Metro / Soi Lengkee.) There's also no workout room, but the pool is quite nice. Nature View won't break your budget.

Bakwan

Edited by Bakwan

Diana Inn is nice.A bit dated but very pleasant,with pool & restaurant.I'm going back there in Sept

Hi Steve...

I'm not really trying to promote Nature View Hotel, but you might want to check out my comments in another thread Here. I have at least three posts in that thread, including some photos.

I have other reasons for NOT staying at Areca. See: This recent thread and This older one.

Nature view doesn't really have a restaurant, although some food is available in the Lobby. (And, as you know, there's a lot of places to eat around Soi Diana / Soi Buakaow / Soi LK Metro / Soi Lengkee.) There's also no workout room, but the pool is quite nice. Nature View won't break your budget.

Bakwan

Went to take a peek at the Nature View hotel website, nice looking pictures and reasonable prices, just don't understand how a hotel can make an entire website with a custom welcome page flash movie, room rates, a gallery of pictures, etc., but not bother to include a map or even their address anywhere on the entire site. :Crazy1:

Went to take a peek at the Nature View hotel website, nice looking pictures and reasonable prices, just don't understand how a hotel can make an entire website with a custom welcome page flash movie, room rates, a gallery of pictures, etc., but not bother to include a map or even their address anywhere on the entire site. :Crazy1:

5555 - Yes! I agree! But then.... This is Thailand. (You can find a map, of sorts, and the address in the thread I mentioned, above - in the first line.)

Wow! Looks like you'll be there in two days. Have a great time!

Bakwan

Hi Steve...

I'm not really trying to promote Nature View Hotel, but you might want to check out my comments in another thread Here. I have at least three posts in that thread, including some photos.

Bakwan

I read your posts on the Areca. Sorry you had a bad experience, I had a good one on the other hand. I think they are pushing for more of a family atmosphere. I am dedicating the next couple of weeks to research on the hotels. Areca is my fall back as I know what I get. But I am looking for that gem. Thanks for the input.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

Hi Steve...

Yes, I liked Areca too, before they tried to act like "the morals police." I agree with you that they are probably trying to move toward a "family atmosphere." But they need to make that clear "up front" and the somewhat inconspicuous sign at their reception desk doesn't do it (if you happen to notice it at all). It would be nice if they'd put their "joiner policy" on their Website (since it differs from generally "standard practice" in Pattaya). Thanks for your input! I'll be interested in hearing the results of your research. There are plenty of other places around to be checked out.

Bakwan