IGNORED

Wanted: website designed

CockSnot

Hi Chaps

Just wonder if anybody could recommend to me a website design company that can create a professional looking site that will be easy for me to update on a regular basis without it costing me the earth?

Any suggestions from your experiences are very much appreciated.

Best

R

BARGIRLS CAN FAKE AN ORGASM BUT I CAN FAKE A WHOLE RELATIONSHIP

Dear R,

My company can help you with this using CMS (Joomla) so you can easily update the pages yourself.

You do NOT need to know any HTML or other coding.

[email protected]

www.NetropolitanWorks.com

Hi Chaps

Just wonder if anybody could recommend to me a website design company that can create a professional looking site that will be easy for me to update on a regular basis without it costing me the earth?

Best

R

Hi Chaps

Best

R

What kind of website do you need? There are many soloutions but it all depends of your needs - is it just a simple website - is it a internet shopping mall - do you want to accept payments by cards etc.. Anything can be made and will not cost you the earth - but maybe the moon :rolleyes:

Everyone has the right to my opinion

I found that web makers can hold you to ransom over your website, they can charge a silly amount and say they did 100 hours work when it may only be 10hrs, how do you know ?

the same as fixing up a wifi set up, unless you pay them silly money they are always too busy, always Farangs by the way.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I asked for a quote on something similar to www.made4fighters.co.uk - I followed their link to the web designers that made this site, I asked for the ability to update and add products,

The quote was £30,000 - £40,000 :LMAO1:

I have made several decent looking sites with wordpress just using their themes and adding custom headers, there's also free carts...

I just never get that professional look/feel as you do on most retail sites..

Can anyone reccomend anything?

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

I asked for a quote on something similar to www.made4fighters.co.uk - I followed their link to the web designers that made this site, I asked for the ability to update and add products,

The quote was £30,000 - £40,000 :LMAO1:

I have made several decent looking sites with wordpress just using their themes and adding custom headers, there's also free carts...

I just never get that professional look/feel as you do on most retail sites..

Can anyone reccomend anything?

:What: If i charged that amount i only had to make 1 or 2 sites a year. My normal charge for a job like that would be approx. 1000-1500 £ depending on the complexity.

Edited due to my fat fingers...

Edited by LaaMok

it seems always the case that the off-the-shelf solutions cost almost as much as having it done from scratch.

because the client always wants modifications to suit them.

modifying the original code in things like OS Commerce etc is very time consuming.

the ready-made commerce solutions are very complex underneath by neccessity.

if you go with one of them i recommend just accept what it does and doesn't do and be happy with that.

questions:

you are selling stuff?

how much stuff? 50 items or 50,000?

is paypal (or other) ok for you for receiving payments?

to do a basic commerce site with client administration is not too difficult or complex.

just be careful how much you ask for and have a very clear idea of what you want at the start.

most cost blow-outs occur because the client suddenly decides he wants something extra half-way through the job.

this often means going back and reworking code, when it would have been no problem if it was included at the beginning.

solution:

get a guy like me to do the code (at an amazingly affordable price!!)

and get a guy like my mate to do the design (also at an amazingly affordable price!!)

but we are both in Aus,

and i won't get to patts til later this year.

it seems always the case that the off-the-shelf solutions cost almost as much as having it done from scratch.

because the client always wants modifications to suit them.

modifying the original code in things like OS Commerce etc is very time consuming.

the ready-made commerce solutions are very complex underneath by neccessity.

if you go with one of them i recommend just accept what it does and doesn't do and be happy with that.

questions:

you are selling stuff?

how much stuff? 50 items or 50,000?

is paypal (or other) ok for you for receiving payments?

to do a basic commerce site with client administration is not too difficult or complex.

just be careful how much you ask for and have a very clear idea of what you want at the start.

most cost blow-outs occur because the client suddenly decides he wants something extra half-way through the job.

this often means going back and reworking code, when it would have been no problem if it was included at the beginning.

solution:

get a guy like me to do the code (at an amazingly affordable price!!)

and get a guy like my mate to do the design (also at an amazingly affordable price!!)

but we are both in Aus,

and i won't get to patts til later this year.

You are quite right. My first customer (some years ago) accepted a fixed price for what he had ordered. When the site was ready to be published he asked for a more or less 100% change of design - so i had to explain to him that i would have to charge for the extra work. He did not understand that the changes were timeconsuming and cancelled the whole order - he didn´t even pay for the work i had done. Therefore i do not accept orders anymore if the customer does not agree to pay 50% of the expected price up front.

I recently found www.freelancer.com , great site as you pay as they hit agreed milestones, plus you can see their feedback for completed projects

You are quite right. My first customer (some years ago) accepted a fixed price for what he had ordered. When the site was ready to be published he asked for a more or less 100% change of design - so i had to explain to him that i would have to charge for the extra work. He did not understand that the changes were timeconsuming and cancelled the whole order - he didn´t even pay for the work i had done. Therefore i do not accept orders anymore if the customer does not agree to pay 50% of the expected price up front.

But they always do that. I am a retired contract programmer.

I have never designed a web site for anybody except myself. It is easy enough:

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>The XYZ company</TITLE></HEAD>

<BODY><H5>The XYZ company.</H5><P>Buy my product.</BODY></HTML>

and that's all there is to it (free).

The money would be nice but oh boy I cannot cope with customers.

They never ask for what they want probably because they don't know

and when you give them something they realise the consequences of what they have asked for

no matter how much time you spend trying to explain it to them.

They just don't seem to get it. If they did I guess they could do it for themselves.

Personally I would use HTML rather than JOOMLA, which just adds an extra layer of complexity.

Edited by jobsworth

just because i am paranoid does not mean that they are not following me.

Thanks for the discussion points fellas - I have now found a guy that will do it for a very reasonable price as it's nothing complex, no commerce, not selling anything, just info and pics.

Thanks very much

R

BARGIRLS CAN FAKE AN ORGASM BUT I CAN FAKE A WHOLE RELATIONSHIP

I have had dealings with 4 web companies/solo guys here in Pattaya and they have all turned out to be full of crap.

Any Wifi fixers here PM me please

I have had dealings with 4 web companies/solo guys here in Pattaya and they have all turned out to be full of crap.

you need to get it changed to wordpress, so you can update it yourself, or xsitepro, pm me about that

you need to get it changed to wordpress, so you can update it yourself, or xsitepro, pm me about that

Why not Joomla! - i know a lot of you on here dont like it but imo it is much better than wordpress (both of them have to be developed using a (virtual) server) Xsitepro is just crap IMO - tried it for a few months, but could not get used to it.

Why not Joomla! - i know a lot of you on here dont like it but imo it is much better than wordpress (both of them have to be developed using a (virtual) server) Xsitepro is just crap IMO - tried it for a few months, but could not get used to it.

Wordpress is easier for non-techies to work with than Joomla or Drupal. That's one of the big reasons for it's growing popularity as it allows the site owner to make updates and add new content themselves rather than pay a developer or designer to do it for them. Not to mention the abundance of free themes and plugins to choose from.

How can you tell if your wife is dead?

The sex is the same, but the dishes pile up.

i can fix your wifi for you mate......... i will only charge you 100baht an hour(very fair rate) but my price will include expenses and travel :P

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

i can fix your wifi for you mate......... i will only charge you 100baht an hour(very fair rate) but my price will include expenses and travel :P

Sure thing mate, I'll send a Donkey LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Are you still looking for a website? At The Baht Media we are currently offering a 20% discount on all web sites!

The Baht Media - Thailand Web Design Company

@thebaht

Email me

xsitepro is crap -- oh ok :) I rank plenty of sites number 1 with xsite pro and MOVED from joomla 2 years ago after OWNING a website selling training videos for joomla. I know the developers and Joomla is NOT easy in fact out of the three

wordpress

xsitepro

joomla

Joomla is the worst by a long long way.

Beginners use wordpress as its easy - xsitepro can build good looking sites that RANK - joomla sites are far more complicated for novices and giving advice to people with no joomla experience about using joomla is CRAZY!

My two penneths worth :)

xsitepro is crap -- oh ok :) I rank plenty of sites number 1 with xsite pro and MOVED from joomla 2 years ago after OWNING a website selling training videos for joomla. I know the developers and Joomla is NOT easy in fact out of the three

wordpress

xsitepro

joomla

Beginners use wordpress as its easy - xsitepro can build good looking sites that RANK - joomla sites are far more complicated for novices and giving advice to people with no joomla experience about using joomla is CRAZY!

I use Dreamweaver myself, i like the fact that there are 2 screens, one which is basically drag and drop and a html coding screen for finetuning... it takes a while to get used to use a program like this, but there are plenty of courses online.

Oh and i can fix that wifi setup probably canterbury (unless you lost the password to the router...), thing is i wont be in thailand for another month...

greets...

Edited by therealnapster

I use Dreamweaver myself, i like the fact that there are 2 screens, one which is basically drag and drop and a html coding screen for finetuning... it takes a while to get used to use a program like this, but there are plenty of courses online.

Oh and i can fix that wifi setup probably canterbury (unless you lost the password to the router...), thing is i wont be in thailand for another month...

greets...

Got it done mate, thanks anyway.

wordpress

xsitepro

joomla

Wordpress' strength is undoubtedly the plug-ins available. Drupal is another great CMS but I recommend Expression Engine if you've got the cash.

That site quoted www.made4fighters.com looks like a heavily customised Magento or possibly Zen Cart. They've done an ok job on the design, although I never recommend yellow on a site. The javascript is at the bottom but the site still takes ages to load due to uncompressed images.

There's also some serious flaws such as the quantity of each product defaulting to zero, if I'm a customer and I click add to basket then I expect 1 item to be added. Boxes floating where they shouldn't and other CSS issues. They also plug their company at the bottom of every website with the exception of their bigger clients, nobody should do this, it's unprofessional.

If I had to make a few more negative comments I'd say that they're too heavily invested in PHP and overstaffed.

Plus £40,000 for that site is a rip off. It's a 2 week job I'd quote £4,000 - £6,000.

Thai <-> English translations. 100% anonymous and confidential. Cheap rates. Paypal accepted. Email Lek on "[email protected]"

I'd have to agree, WordPress has evolved greatly over the past few years and is now a fine CMS system. In my opinion it is a lot better than Joomla, Joomla tends to be too overbearing and very complicated, it would not be recommended for beginners.

With regards to SEO aspects WordPress is far better than Joomla for getting your site ranked. WordPress makes it easier to optimize your search engine results. That means your site is more likely to land on the first page of Google results, which means people are more likely to find you.

It is also a lot easier for updating the content as well as there is not so much to 'fiddle' about with in the back-end system.

The Baht Media - Thailand Web Design Company

@thebaht

Email me

• 1 month later...

just finishing a new website http://samlpe.pattayawebsite-design.com

charged 6000 bath.

Will be on his domain name next week.

Also http://sanutasswimmingpool.com charged him 4500 bath

and natbar.soikhaotalo.com

and soikhaotalo.com(free project of me)

And under construction soinewplaza.com all below 10.000 bath

I am not the super pro but my prices are also not really pro, just to get some extra barfine cash...lol

I do give all constumers update and upgrade services for their website.

Edited by kamluan

just finishing a new website http://samlpe.pattayawebsite-design.com

charged 6000 bath.

Will be on his domain name next week.

Also http://sanutasswimmingpool.com charged him 4500 bath

and natbar.soikhaotalo.com

and soikhaotalo.com(free project of me)

And under construction soinewplaza.com all below 10.000 bath

I am not the super pro but my prices are also not really pro, just to get some extra barfine cash...lol

I do give all constumers update and upgrade services for their website.

You need a proof reader mate.

At least 10 spelling and grammar mistakes on that first site.