Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Swedish expat stabbed to death at luxury villa in Phuket

Benny10

Swedish expat stabbed to death at luxury villa in Phuket

PHUKET: Phuket Police are investigating the stabbing murder of a Swedish man ambushed and stabbed to death as he returned to his luxury villa in Koh Kaew subdistrict last night.

The murder took place in full view of neighbors.

The police identified the deceased as a 25-year-old Swedish national.

The name of the victim is known to the Phuket Gazette, but is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.

Neighbors told rescue workers at the scene that a gang of about 12 Thai men were waiting to ambush the Swede when he returned by motorcycle to his home at The Lantern family pool villa complex off Thepkrasattri Rd at about 8pm last night.

The killer used plastic ties to bind the victim's hands, then slashed the right side of his neck as he struggled to free himself, neighbors said.

The killers escaped by scaling the wall of the villa complex. One of the gang held up a motorbike driver at gunpoint and used the vehicle to make his escape, witnesses said.

Among the items collected as evidence was a backpack, Apple laptop computer, and a credit card belonging to the deceased.

Brought by Phuket Gazette

Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 08:23 local time (GMT +7)

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Very sad news. Unfortunately not first time a such thing has happened and even more sad - it will for sure happen again. I feel for his relatives and may he R.I.P.

Everyone has the right to my opinion

The story's been updated: two Russians rather than 12 Thais being sought by the BIB and the deceased was a Swede/Russian.

Manhunt launched for Swedish suspect in slaying of fellow Swede

PHUKET: Phuket City Police have issued an arrest warrant and appealed to the public to keep an eye out for the prime suspect in last night’s murder of Russian-born Swedish national Maksim Schantz, 25.

Police have launched a manhunt for 26-year-old Tommy Viktor Soderlund, also from Sweden, and another white male who are said to have recently rented a home together near the victim’s house at The Lantern residential complex in Koh Kaew.

The men are believed to have stolen and fled the scene on a Yamaha Fino motorbike with license plate number ¡µ¨-729.

Police said initial reports by rescue workers that a gang of 12 men were responsible for the attack were incorrect.

Phuket City Police Deputy Superintendent Jumroon Playdoung told the Phuket Gazette that they are confident Soderlund is still in Phuket.

A maid at the complex told the Gazette that Soderlund signed a one-year lease on a house across the street from Mr Schantz’s yesterday morning.

“At around 8pm, Mr Schantz returned home on his motorcycle unaware that Soderlund and his ‘friend’ were hiding by his house. They attacked him and tried to strangle him with a wire, but Mr Schantz fought them off,” Col Jumroon said.

“That’s when one of them stabbed Mr Schantz in the neck. He ran away shouting ‘Help, help,’ and collapsed and died near a security guard booth,” he said.

The two suspects then fled through Soderlund’s house and over a wall onto the street where Soderlund kicked the driver off a motorcycle passing by, stole it, and fled the scene, Col Jumroon said.

The Swedish Embassy in Bangkok confirmed to the Gazette that Mr Schantz became a Swedish citizen in 2000 and lived in Gothenburg.

He had been living in Thailand for about three years, the embassy said: two years in Pattaya and one in Phuket, from where he operated IT companies he owned in Sweden.

Phuket City Police Lt Col Nanon Pitakkultorn told the Gazette that Soderlund ran an IT business in Pattaya and that there had been an ongoing quarrel over business ‘competition’.

He added that at one point Soderlund’s half-Thai girlfriend left him for Mr Schantz.

“This love triangle and/or business competition may have had something to do with this murder,” Lt Col Nanon said.

The Swedish Embassy told the Gazette this morning that Mr Schantz’s mother, who lives in Pattaya, had been notified of her son’s death and is on her way to Phuket.

Brought by Phuket Gazette

Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 13:03 local time (GMT +7)

Seems like some bullshit is flying thick and fast with this one, first it took place in full view of neighbors who clearly saw a dozen Thai men commit the crime - including details such as using ties on the hands and slashing the throat. And then Hey Presto! 12 Thai men suddenly turn into 2 farang. All sounds very fishy.

Seems like some bullshit is flying thick and fast with this one, first it took place in full view of neighbors who clearly saw a dozen Thai men commit the crime - including details such as using ties on the hands and slashing the throat. And then Hey Presto! 12 Thai men suddenly turn into 2 farang. All sounds very fishy.

Tell me about it.

In 2004 I witnessed the tsunami on Phuket when some western media reported hundreds of thousands of dead on the island. :wacko:

Tell me about it.

In 2004 I witnessed the tsunami on Phuket when some western media reported hundreds of thousands of dead on the island. :wacko:

And?

from Swedish media, translated with google

Two arrested for murder of Swedish in Phuket

The Thai police arrested on Tuesday two Swedish men in the 25-year-old suspect for the murder of a contemporary man from the Gothenburg area.

The victim was stabbed to death - right in the tourist paradise of Phuket.

- There was blood everywhere, says a witness to Expressen.se.

A 25-year-old man from Gothenburg area knife was murdered last night in the Thai tourist paradise of Phuket.

Relatives are informed.

The man is written in Sweden, but according to data Expressen.se be resident in Thailand for some time.

- We have received confirmation from police that a Swedish guy in the 25-year-old has been stabbed in the neck and died on the spot, says Pär Kågeby, a senior consular officer at the Swedish Embassy in Bangkok.

Foreign Ministry confirms

The murder occurred outside a residence in Phuket. Many were shocked then at the murder scene.

- There was blood everywhere, says a witness.

Previously, data occurred to a man 25 years old and a man in a 35-year-old was suspected of the deed. They were seen fleeing on a motorcycle after the killing. Two Swedes, according to UD peers with the dead man, was arrested on Tuesday.

- It took a few hours ago. According to Thai police, they also have recognized, unclear, says Tobias Nilsson at the Foreign Ministry's press office.

Ran towards the security guard

A Thai policeman Expressen.se've talked to talks about the arrest:

- We got one Swede's telephone number of landlord where they lived. We were able to plumb into their conversations and locate where they were. We sent police officers there who could seize the Swedes, said police Lieutenant Colonel Nanon Pitakkultorn at Phuket police.

The Swedes were arrested in Patong in downtown Phuket.

- On the site we found also the stolen motorcycle, said Pitakkultorn.

The 25-year-old man to have been stabbed at 21:00 in the evening local time. He should have run against the security guard in the area while he held his neck and cried for help.

- You could see traces of blood from his gate to the place where he lay. Someone had put a sheet over him, said a witness.

Business deal

The man must have been involved with several other Swedes on the spot and interrogated later.

When the man was stabbed, he had money, gold jewelry and a laptop itself - possessions that the perpetrators did not care about.

UD has no information about the circumstances surrounding the murder or what should have led up to it. According to Thai data, this is a business deal.

- The Thai police in charge of it now. Our role is to help the relatives of the victim. The Swedish consulate will visit the detainees, says Tobias Nilsson

Edited by 7heaven

One of the thai girls i have on facebook has posted about this. Apparently he 'knew' her well, and she says he was a good man. Quite a few other people have replied that he was up to no good. But the truth will probably never come out.

He may have been a good man but he pissed someone off.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

He may have been a good man but he pissed someone off.

Phuket City Police Lt Col Nanon Pitakkultorn told the Gazette that Soderlund ran an IT business in Pattaya and that there had been an ongoing quarrel over business ‘competition’.

He added that at one point Soderlund’s half-Thai girlfriend left him for Mr Schantz.

“This love triangle and/or business competition may have had something to do with this murder,” Lt Col Nanon said.

Says it all I think! :rolleyes:

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Rhis is what i read about it in a danish paper (google translate has been used so i apologize for any bad translations...):

Police in Thailand have arrested two 26-year-old Swedish men who are suspected of having beaten a fellow countryman to death in connection with a commercial break.

The slain 25-year-old Maksim Schantz, was in fear for his life run away to Phuket in Thailand, which he announced via Facebook.

But he should never have done. The two arrested persons, identified as Johann Sebastian Ljung and Tommy Viktor Söderlund, kept an eye on a Facebook profile and found the victim in the Thai seaside resort.

The newspaper Phuket News , the two men confessed that they killed Maksim Schantz with a knife in the throat during an argument.

But at a press conference with Thai police said Tuesday they arrested that they really did not want to kill the man.

- It was an accident, said one of the men.

The three men were partners in a fraudulent enterprise, which includes selling phone subscriptions, which did not exist. Animosity arose when the 25-year-old ran away with the client list, writes Aftonbladet .

Here is a picture from the danish paper "ekstrabladet"

Thailand_Sweden_Mur_689008m.jpg

And?

Confirmed and presumed deaths of the tsunami 2004 in Thailand were 5,393, while on Phuket the number of dead has been reported by the provincial administration with 279 (151 Thais, 111 foreigners, 17 of unknown nationality).

Sometimes it might be worth to take a wider view on things that happen outside of Pattaya’s pubs; this of course may not apply to everyone.

Confirmed and presumed deaths of the tsunami 2004 in Thailand were 5,393, while on Phuket the number of dead has been reported by the provincial administration with 279 (151 Thais, 111 foreigners, 17 of unknown nationality).

Sometimes it might be worth to take a wider view on things that happen outside of Pattaya’s pubs; this of course may not apply to everyone.

Why you always grumpy Benny10? I've noticed your responses to many posts are on the surly side. Have you ever tried to be happy and friendly and helpul? Give it a go it might improve your day.

Why you always grumpy Benny10? I've noticed your responses to many posts are on the surly side. Have you ever tried to be happy and friendly and helpul? Give it a go it might improve your day.

Thank you for your paternal advise.

You might have your reasons for following my comments so closely, but I wonder why don’t you just ignore them, if you don’t like them. It certainly will help to improve my day. Thanks.

Edited by Benny10

The three men were partners in a fraudulent enterprise, which includes selling phone subscriptions, which did not exist. Animosity arose when the 25-year-old ran away with the client list, writes Aftonbladet .

I knew there was more to it

The slain 25-year-old Maksim Schantz, was in fear for his life run away to Phuket in Thailand, which he announced via Facebook.

Yep, if you absolutely, positively do not want to be found, post your new locale on a site visited by 150 million people worldwide. Sheesh!

Edited by Pattaya_Brian

You might have your reasons for following my comments so closely, but I wonder why don’t you just ignore them, if you don’t like them. It certainly will help to improve my day. Thanks.

Wadsup Benny???

U need a release in Soi 1/2 box of eggs mate!!!CumOnFace.gif

Have to catch ya for a coldie one day!!

Bushy

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

Wadsup Benny???

U need a release in Soi 1/2 box of eggs mate!!!CumOnFace.gif

Have to catch ya for a coldie one day!!

Bushy

LOL

Mate, I'm always open to a couple of cold ones, but hands off "my" girls, as we share more or less the same hunting profile, 555

Edited by Benny10

Right, this is just hearsay but anyway.

The three swedes are the ones that was arrested in Pattaya (a year ago or so?) from where they ran phonemarketing scams, aimed towards scandinavia I think.

The victim has also been involved in sending out false bills to companies before he went to Thailand and is put in personal bancrupcy in Sweden but authoroties has not been able to get to him.

The victim is also strongly connected to 'Familjen', a somewhat criminal-inclined family or something that was quite wellknown during the 80s or so. I was a bit too young back then to know.

If all this is true I think there is a whole lot more behind this stabbing than we will ever know about.

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

Indeed. Their was some other cases like that. I think this brutality is very unlikly for european people, we grown up to use our head and words to solve problems, not knifes and kill each other. But i heard some other cases were it went the same way, like here:

German death Kao Lak

In this case the father of the guy the thai police want to claim him guilty (without any investigation, of course ^^ ) have to help his son to escape from thailand. When i read something like this it remembers me that the justice system in here is far behind these we used to have in our homecountrys. You always have to be very careful, easily you get either a victim like this guy who get stabbed or you get a victim by the justice, that they declare you are guilty for something you never did. Now they hunt for 2 swedish guys afters first their was enough witness that it was a 12 man thai gang. It's ridicilous, but sad.

Edited by european

Indeed. Their was some other cases like that. I think this brutality is very unlikly for european people, we grown up to use our head and words to solve problems,

A quick google search shows that not all us europeans sometimes use our heads to solve our problems....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article1626691.ece

Don't assume that only Thai's are knife wielding idiots...

I personally knew two knife attack victims from my kneck of the woods who died in knife attacks....

Poor old grumpy Benny. Taking yourself way too seriously here Ben. Sounds like you're drinking too much piss, many hungover people are grumpy.