IGNORED

Looking for a cheap hotel

Koto ryu 23

Anyone know of some decent hotels or guest houses for end of December to mid jan looking at 500 to 600 baht

IMO this could be hard to find - it is not only the high season but the peak season. I beleive you could get a room at around 700 baht ie Billabong and maybe other guesthouses in soi LK Metro/soi Lengkee or Soi Diana. Maybe other BMs are aware of cheaper places, but i am sure you will have to book a guesthouse. Dont think you can find a hlotel at that price (guesthouses are often just as good as hotels imo).

Everyone has the right to my opinion

IMO this could be hard to find - it is not only the high season but the peak season. I beleive you could get a room at around 700 baht ie Billabong and maybe other guesthouses in soi LK Metro/soi Lengkee or Soi Diana. Maybe other BMs are aware of cheaper places, but i am sure you will have to book a guesthouse. Dont think you can find a hlotel at that price (guesthouses are often just as good as hotels imo).

Yes I think your right all the sites say its high season suppose I,ll just have to keep looking I'm on a tight budget with the recession thanks for your help anyway cheers

Air Con, or fan?

Think I,ll need aircon, don't want much for my money do I lol

Yes I think your right all the sites say its high season suppose I,ll just have to keep looking I'm on a tight budget with the recession thanks for your help anyway cheers

Even if you are on a tight budget it should be possible - accomodation 100 baht more per day would just mean 1 beer/drink less per day in a GoGo. Just my 5 baht

Everyone has the right to my opinion

At that price, over that period. You better look hard and get something booked NOW. you won't find rates like that at walk-up

This room high season for 600 per night, has A/C ceiling fan, in room safe, en-suite, large fridge, TV, DVD player free wifi, large free DVD collection, tea/coffee maker.

Room 5.2.jpgRoom 5A copy copy copy.jpgRoom 5 A (2).JPG

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Hi,

there are a couple of places in Soi Bukhaow at that price point. Try Sutus Court, older rooms with aircon are between 450 and 600 baht.

This room high season for 600 per night, has A/C ceiling fan, in room safe, en-suite, large fridge, TV, DVD player free wifi, large free DVD collection, tea/coffee maker.

post-2887-0-27091300-1312150583.jpgpost-2887-0-86412500-1312150585.jpgpost-2887-0-79626600-1312150580.jpg

Looks a cracking room mate is that soi chaiyaphom

Hi,

there are a couple of places in Soi Bukhaow at that price point. Try Sutus Court, older rooms with aircon are between 450 and 600 baht.

Cheers mate will check it out online

Anyone know of some decent hotels or guest houses for end of December to mid jan looking at 500 to 600 baht

The cheapest places have no internet booking. sometimes even no email. You have no chance to book in advance.

Here is what you can do : book a room in a well known guest house for 2 nights (around 600b). When getting to Pattaya, just walk around Soi Buakhao (and little roads aside). You'll hit plenty of advertise on the road for rooms around 400b (somtimes less). You can ask to see a room before booking. If the room suits you, pay straight on for a couple of nights for THIS room. Not an other one. If they tell you the room is booked tomorow but they can give you an other one, ask again the see the room (they usualy show you the nicest room, and stick you in a crappy one).

For this range of prices, never book too much in advance. 2 or 3 days max.

Don't worry about the high season. You'll always find a cheap room in Pattaya if you're not looking for a 4 star accomodation at a 1 star price...

sawasdee siam is a budget hotel with swimming pool or The Siam guest house which i can recommend

Looks a cracking room mate is that soi chaiyaphom

Yes its in soi Chaiyapoon about 30 metres from Oasis on soi Bauhkao, this is one of our smaller rooms as many of our other rooms have a separate bedroom and lounge.

PINK MAP 2 copy.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

The cheapest places have no internet booking. sometimes even no email. You have no chance to book in advance.

Here is what you can do : book a room in a well known guest house for 2 nights (around 600b). When getting to Pattaya, just walk around Soi Buakhao (and little roads aside). You'll hit plenty of advertise on the road for rooms around 400b (somtimes less). You can ask to see a room before booking. If the room suits you, pay straight on for a couple of nights for THIS room. Not an other one. If they tell you the room is booked tomorow but they can give you an other one, ask again the see the room (they usualy show you the nicest room, and stick you in a crappy one).

For this range of prices, never book too much in advance. 2 or 3 days max.

Don't worry about the high season. You'll always find a cheap room in Pattaya if you're not looking for a 4 star accomodation at a 1 star price...

Very sensible advise jojomecanic thanks alot,,,,,

590 baht gets you a room at Walking Street Guest House. Hot water, Free Internet, in room safe, 42 inch lcd tv, ( they have a dvd player if need) Sheets cleaned everyday. I have looked at alot of rooms and they are the cleanest and best value for that price. The downside is they are also a very popular short time hotel so you are basically sleeping in a brothel, which i never mnded. also can be a bit noisy in the early mornings as there seems to be alot of fighting going on in the hallways between girls and customers.

so u can get cheap, clean with internet for less than 600 baht. I now pay alot more for accomadation because i can afford to now, but i always liked it here when i was a cheap charlie.

johan, mick and the cleaning ladies are really nice and always helpful.

Thanks everyone for all the help much appreciated

You could also try the stags head on soi lk

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

if cheap and good accomodation ur looking for i prefer Henry apartments just a minute distance from Walking Street

its 500 baht per day .got AC,television etc .check out their website http://www.henryapartmentpattaya.com/ .stayed there 2 times never had any problem .its quiet and u wont be disturbed.

• 9 months later...

Sanya NightStar....right next to Henry Apartments...490 THB...but electricity extra...

What about White Inn, Soi 15 Walking St.

It faces on to Thepprasit Rd. and is full of Arabs (I'm nothing if not straight upfront) though no pompems. They are here for Mongering too. Just beware of the elevator conversations re Islam will take over the World. :GoldenSmile1:

but is good,clean, close accom for W.S. Quiet too.

Stayed there many times and is fine at Bt600 a night.

Little Court, Soi Bukhaow. 200 baht per day and overpriced in my view.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it