IGNORED

Learning Thai via Skype?

TK_Knightster

I am working hard to learn Thai via various mediums but wondered if anyone knows of or is interested in talking over Skype to practice in real time?

I personally think it would be good but you may disagree or have advice on pitfalls?

either way it would be great to hear back from you.

Regards,

Trev

honestly find a thai person to speak with. do some searching and i bet you will find them very easy i know i did. usually they are looking to improve their english as well so it is a 50/50 thing. a lot of regular 20 something thai babes who work regular office jobs are around on line and have open posts on various thai web sites that you can do searches for. check out a lot of forums where thais are and you will find plenty of people who want to talk.. you can do the leg work in one night.

honestly find a thai person to speak with. do some searching and i bet you will find them very easy i know i did. usually they are looking to improve their english as well so it is a 50/50 thing. a lot of regular 20 something thai babes who work regular office jobs are around on line and have open posts on various thai web sites that you can do searches for. check out a lot of forums where thais are and you will find plenty of people who want to talk.. you can do the leg work in one night.

Thanks for the advice, I have managed to find 1 person on Skype but he struggles to get internet connection. I don't suppose you could start me off with a link to the type of forums you mean so I can start my leg work please?

Many thanks

I don't suppose you could start me off with a link to the type of forums you mean so I can start my leg work please?

Many thanks

I found a Youtube Thai lesson where a give was giving a Thai lesson.

Maybe try messaging her to ask her???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZt809t6prQ

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I'll give it a try. My skype name is kikenyoy99.

I am working hard to learn Thai via various mediums but wondered if anyone knows of or is interested in talking over Skype to practice in real time?

I personally think it would be good but you may disagree or have advice on pitfalls?

either way it would be great to hear back from you.

Regards,

Trev

Google a website called Sharedtalk.com. There are lots of Thais, both gender, who are eager to learn English. Many of them are students, and themselves even more likely will try to contact you . Also being a

native speaker makes it yet more easy for you.

Google a website called Sharedtalk.com. There are lots of Thais, both gender, who are eager to learn English. Many of them are students, and themselves even more likely will try to contact you . Also being a

native speaker makes it yet more easy for you.

Nice site Andrew thank you. I already found a good Thai partner.

I've just recently started learning Russian too (if you can't beat 'em, join 'em) and was going to ask you for pronunciation help after I've been studying for a while but now I can use that site so maybe you saved yourself some hassle. :)

that site is pretty good actually, found a 25 year old english masters degree student who's over the moon.

Nice site Andrew thank you. I already found a good Thai partner.

I've just recently started learning Russian too (if you can't beat 'em, join 'em) and was going to ask you for pronunciation help after I've been studying for a while but now I can use that site so maybe you saved yourself some hassle. :)

I am happy you find it useful, if you need assistance with learning Russian, you're welcome.

I am happy you find it useful, if you need assistance with learning Russian, you're welcome.

That is very kind...thank you. Right now I'm doing a lot of listening, memorizing vocabulary, and trying to learn the basics of the grammar. Hopefully in about 2 or 3 months I will be ready for very, very basic conversation.

I will pm you in the future and see if you're still available.

Edited by kikenyoy