IGNORED

Alien Workers Arrested at Tony Gym’s in Pattaya

Kola

I've just seen this article on PDN:

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2011/07/31/alien-workers-arrested-at-tony-gyms-in-pattaya/

I don't know why they decide to come down on Tony now. The usual answer is that he forgot to pay tea money, but I'm sure he has no interest in forgetting about that.

I simply hope this won't lead to closing the Tony's gym in Jomtien since I've just paid for one year and it's conveniently located for me.

Someone should tell those Martians to go home....lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If youre that much of a cheap charlie to hire as many as 10 burmese and 1 cambodian to avoid minimum wages you deserve to get caught.

Edited by TheLostShark

I've often been into tony's Gyms and most times there is not a single Thai person working there..

Mainly from Philippines's...

God knows how he gets away with it.

I've often been into tony's gyms and most times there is not a single Thai person working there..

Mainly from Philippines's...

God knows how he gets away with it.

I thought hiring pinoy, was a good move.. They speak good English and are a lot more usefull than Thai staff.

Hope they didn't deport the cute Pinay that was working there in march..

Tony's is infamous for over charging farang customers yet paying the staff the lowest possible salary. Last time I was in Tony's disco (more than 2 years ago and I live here), they wanted over 150 baht for a heinekin AND when I was slow on re-ordering another beer the staff became beligerent towards me. He routinely hires illegals and pays them bottom wage, knowing they will take it. He's luckly his father handed him a money making business, notice how his other money making ventures go down faster than a Soi 6 girl facing 1000 baht.

Well I don't know about that, never been to the gym in pattaya or to the tony disco, I didn't know about the non thais although just yesterday a girl behind the desk, first time I saw her here, talked to me in english, I replied in my bad english mixed with bad thai and since I couldn't understand or she couldn't, I don't remember, she told me she's not thai and I said huh, well, huh, and she seemed not happy that I didn't noticed before, but I wasn't paying attention anyway I hardly looked at her, and so that was the end of everything, but yes maybe she didn't look thai, I don't know maybe black, who cares really I was not paying attention at all anyway, I only noticed she was a she that's already something.

So I only hope they won't close this jomtien gym, honestly it's falling apart already, the machines which were not new are getting visibly older and parts broken from one day to the next. They have changed the opening hours of the sauna and aircon from 24/24h to closing at 21h which is really not cool since I like sauna and now I have a time limit just like in europe..

So I hope they stay open long enough so that someone somewhere in jomtien will open a gym with the minimum features necessary for me, far from a gym addict, which tony's jomtien met at the start if we're understanding enough. Like 24hours opening times, sauna room, aircon and some honest equipement.

I didn't see any follow up article about this story, like often, we don't know what happens, like if journalists are not interested in reporting the sentences of previous cases they've covered. I'm talking in gneeral here, but for Tony, I don't know they could make a follow up article on what's happening after the "discovery" of illegal workers at Tony's. Educate us!

well I can understand the concern that the police have...As a fattie I think it is a good idea to arrest themarticle-0-07C357CF000005DC-382_468x375.jpg

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire