IGNORED

Missing white Thailand entry document...problems leaving the country?

marionberry71

Apparently the entry officer at Suvarnabhum stapled an allegedly important white travel document into my passport, on top of the VISA stamp. Well, it fell out and is lost forever. The hotel receptionists keep intimidating that I need this document in order to leave the country. Does anyone know what this piece of paper is? Should I be trying to replace it?

Thanks, as always, for any insight.

It's your departure card.... Fill out another at the airport.

I do not have own experience but this what you mean is only arrivel card. Important is visa in you passport and date when you have to leave Thailand. All details have already immigration officer in his computer from time when you come.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

It will be the departure section of the immigration card you filled out on the plane and handed to passport control when you entered the Kingdom, not sure what the procedure is for a lost card, would probably enquire at the Pattaya immigration office

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

You will have no problem whatsoever as your passport has entry date..you will get a slip at departures when your going through immigration..Dont mind girl in hotel it happened to me

It happened to me too. just fill out another card at immigration when you leave.

no worries.

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

Great to know. Thanks to all for replying.

I had a similar issue.

It's only a departure card and a new card can be picked up before entering the big departure queue at Suvarnabhumi airport. All the import details i.e. your arrival date is on the stamp inside your passport.

One tip is make sure that they stamp you out on the correct date. On one occasion when travelling (not Thailand) my passport was stamped with the wrong date. While it was not spotted by customs on my passport, my friend had a two hour delay with customs the other end.

I had a similar issue.

It's only a departure card and a new card can be picked up before entering the big departure queue at Suvarnabhumi airport. All the import details i.e. your arrival date is on the stamp inside your passport.

One tip is make sure that they stamp you out on the correct date. On one occasion when travelling (not Thailand) my passport was stamped with the wrong date. While it was not spotted by customs on my passport, my friend had a two hour delay with customs the other end.

Probably you had problem with imigration officer not with customs officer. Imigration interest about visa, imigration politics etc. but customs interest about goods, fakes, alcohols, tobacco, parfumes, Cites goods, animals,weapons etc.

Edited by THAJEC

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019