IGNORED

Koh Samui Scenes mid 80s - mid 90s

pubstud

Here's some scenes I photographed on various trips to Samui during the decade mid 1980s to mid 1990s. I spent a lot of time at Samui over the years and have many fond memories of fun times there.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Outstanding pics, especially the beach and water. Great colour.

Sex is like air, it's not important unless you aren't getting any

Great pixs m8...love the bike as well. Thxs for sharing :001_Thank_You5:

Is that monkey drinking out of a coconut....haha Silly Ling.

Great pictures again pubstand. I'm loving all these oldskool shots!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Samui is my favorite place in Thailand. It has really changed a lot over the years though. Great pic's!

On my last flight out of Thailand, I will not be sitting in Economy, Business, or First Class - I'll be laying in a box!

Is the girl in the 3rd picture topless? Not a usual sight in the LOS.

Yep topless, quite a common sight on the main southern tourist beaches like Samui beaches, Krabi, Phuket, Lanta. It's funny in Krabi because the locals are mostly Muslim there and when there are farang gals topless sunbathing you got all these local Muslim men hanging around gawking. Some people say it's insensitive and disrespectful but all the Muslim guys I ever saw looked pretty happy about it. Couldn't get away with it down the Deep South, Pattani for example, they'd be big trouble if a tourist woman went topless down there.

Glad you like the pics guys, I got many more from all over Thailand, all those photos so far have been from transparencies I digitalized last year.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep topless, quite a common sight on the main southern tourist beaches like Samui beaches, Krabi, Phuket, Lanta. It's funny in Krabi because the locals are mostly Muslim there and when there are farang gals topless sunbathing you got all these local Muslim men hanging around gawking. Some people say it's insensitive and disrespectful but all the Muslim guys I ever saw looked pretty happy about it. Couldn't get away with it down the Deep South, Pattani for example, they'd be big trouble if a tourist woman went topless down there.

Glad you like the pics guys, I got many more from all over Thailand, all those photos so far have been from transparencies I digitalized last year.

Looking forward to many more pics from that decade for all over Thailand.. Thank you!

Is that monkey drinking out of a coconut....haha Silly Ling.

Great pictures again pubstand. I'm loving all these oldskool shots!

Those macaque monkeys are used in KP and KS to climb the 100 ft tall coconut trees to knock down the coconuts which is why you see him on a rope so he won't escape into the trees .. I have video which is pretty cool.. I will have to upload it sometime.

They're nasty bastards too those monkeys, loyal to the boss but a danger to anyone else, I've been around a lot of them over the years and they all the same - bare the teeth and snarl a warning, I suppose they saying "fuck off"

One time at Krabi I was walking through the Jungle and came across this big old monkey with big balls dangling down. I read that monkeys challenge each other to a fight by showing the teeth. So I looked at this monkey and bared my teeth. He bared his teeth at me. I bared back at him. Then he started coming at me, with his teeth bared. I held up my hands in an act of submission and the monkey stopped. I was LMAO we had fantastic communication, I picked a fight with him. He took me up on it. I chickened out and gave in. Monkey won.

They're nasty bastards too those monkeys, loyal to the boss but a danger to anyone else, I've been around a lot of them over the years and they all the same - bare the teeth and snarl a warning, I suppose they saying "fuck off"

One time at Krabi I was walking through the jungle and came across this big old monkey with big balls dangling down. I read that monkeys challenge each other to a fight by showing the teeth. So I looked at this monkey and bared my teeth. He bared his teeth at me. I bared back at him. Then he started coming at me, with his teeth bared. I held up my hands in an act of submission and the monkey stopped. I was LMAO we had fantastic communication, I picked a fight with him. He took me up on it. I chickened out and gave in. Monkey won.

Wow I did not know they were so menacing. I met some on the James Bond Island tour in 08. It was wonderful. I bought bananas to feed them and there were little babies everywhere. Of course the group leader came up same time so I fed him first every time. I got to touch a baby and also touched the alpha male on the foot by which he promptly left. LOLz

I have video of that also.. Wooohoo

ThumbUp6.gif

Great pictures, brings back great memories when i was there in th 80's loved it, but never been back there since

Nice shots.I was there a couple times mid -80s,Stayed at No Name Bungalow and also a week in the local Hospital after a bike accident. :Crazy1:

Wow I did not know they were so menacing. I met some on the James Bond Island tour in 08. It was wonderful. I bought bananas to feed them and there were little babies everywhere. Of course the group leader came up same time so I fed him first every time. I got to touch a baby and also touched the alpha male on the foot by which he promptly left. LOLz

I have video of that also.. Wooohoo

ThumbUp6.gif

Well there are several different types of monkeys around Thailand Toby. The ones that pick the coconuts on Samui and elsewhere down South are fairly big buggers, they remind me of guard dogs - loyal to their handlers but dangerous to all others.

Often the monkeys you find running around parks and tourist sites are very tame and used to being fed by humans, they'll still bite you if they feel like it though. In my experience monkeys are not very nice animals.

Great pics. I know samui well but not back that far however my dad would have been there at that time.

:001_Thank_You5:

FACT monkeys are not very nice animals at all.

There were a lot more Gibbons around in the 80s.tied up out side shops and kept as pets.This shot was 1985 in Phuket Town .

Gibbons are Nice...

Thiatestfilm_0012.jpg

There were a lot more Gibbons around in the 80s.tied up out side shops and kept as pets.This shot was 1985 in Phuket Town .

Gibbons are Nice...

Thiatestfilm_0012.jpg

Same same for gibbons, yes they look cute and cuddly but they can be unpredicatable and nasty bastards, I know two people who carry nasty scars on their arms from gibbon bites, and neither of these people would do anything to hurt or annoy an animal.

Correct, there used to be a lot around in the past. Come to think of it I haven't seen one for years now. I like it out in the countryside down South and you can hear the gibbons calling out to each other in the forest.

• 1 month later...

Samui, i've spent the best months of my life there :rolleyes:

Do you mind if i throw in some pics....

TR chapter 4 sang thong 001.jpg

TR chapter 4 sang thong 007.jpg

TR chapter 5 reggae pub 001.jpg

Remember going there in the Old Days before the Airport was built and Travelling really was an adventure.

Always fancied getting a Monkey myself the kind Pirates have that sit on you shoulder mind you always fancied running a Bar in Pats as well and them BG when wound up !!!! I think I would sooner fight that Bloody Monkey you met when out walking one Day.

That brings me nicely onto a Story ....... Some Years ago about a Month into One of my visits when the Sun had turned me a Deep chessnut Brown I was out walking in a Forest and needed a Shit so taking off my Trunks I went into the Bushes for One.

Just as I was finishing I heard Footsteps and thinking someone was coming tried to get my Trunks back on. Doing the final Crimp I stood up to be greeted by an Ugly Fucker bearing his Teeth at me.

Well being Shit Scared I showed mine back at Him. He then held up both Arms and stepped back as I advanced Balls Swinging Low and Nashers Chomping.

Lucky escape for me I reckon dam Pervs creeping up on Folks when they are trying to have a Shit

I would love to hear some more stories from Samui. When I went there I was not really impressed with the beaches. There were a few attractive girls there but I really did not find a place to hang out. They have some good resorts but I soon found out that I was more into KP so I would love to hear some more stories and live vicariously. I guess outside of BKK I like undeveloped areas of Thailand for more adventurous times. Although its not every day you got a monkey in your face while taking a crap. Lolz