IGNORED

Where not to stay

ncstone

All,

Although it was a half decent price at 800 bhat a night I wouldnt really recommend this hotel:

Good Points

1. Good location at the top of Walking Street

2. Reasonably Quiet no loud music

3. Friendly Staff

Bad Points

1. Naff Air con

2. Outdated rooms and furnishing

3. Bugs everywhere including biting ants

4. Safety box behind reception which was not 24/7

Would not recommend this hotel we only stayed here for a night whilst we found an alternative hotel out of 10 i would give it a 4.

Lesson : cheap room not mean good room. Thanks for info.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

this would have done it for me. I hate bugs in general and would hate to bring some back home with me.

gross!

good info.

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

Wellcome Inn on Walking Street, just after the entrance and beach views! 700 bt

Why so cheap?. Well the mechanised Jack hammer demolishing the place next door (30 July 2011)

is loud. Did not ask which hours it is working YMMV.

OK it sounds like it's aged. I used to stay there circa 1978-79 and liked the place then, guess they have kept it running but not done maintainance, which is often the case in Toyland.

Classy Inn on walking street, good neon sign, just after the entrance and beach views! 700 bt

Why so cheap?. Well the mechanised Jack hammer demolishing the place next door (30 July 2011)

is loud. Did not ask which hours it is working YMMV.

In previous post I had the wrong hotel name, there are a couple of welcome inns, they are all good.

Also Classy put their price UP to 850 for 2 nights or less, AFTER the jackhammer demolished the pavement area, so it is less obvious to

potential punters.

This place was on my shortlist for my first trip out to Pattaya last year.

I read way too many mixed reviews about it so decided on other places.

Looks like I made the right decision.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I dont know what the bugs where they was like little tinny fly's, not mosquito's i dont think but could of been. The ants where mostly in the bathroom but there was some in the room. It was also strange they had curtains which didnt close and there was some kinda market place out back, not very good for privacy! To be fair i found a ST room in another hotel which was so much better...LT was 500 bhat so when we came back for the last few days me and my mate stayed there instead.

All,

Although it was a half decent price at 800 bhat a night I wouldnt really recommend this hotel:

Good Points

1. Good location at the top of Walking Street

2. Reasonably Quiet no loud music

3. Friendly Staff

Bad Points

1. Naff Air con

2. Outdated rooms and furnishing

4. Safety box behind reception which was not 24/7

Would not recommend this hotel we only stayed here for a night whilst we found an alternative hotel out of 10 i would give it a 4.

WOW!! I stayed there in May and TBH it was fine, certainly no bugs in my room!!! the aircon worked fine? Yes agreed the furniture is outdated but I don't spend hours in my room lounging around, more like playing around to which the beds were fine so all good for me?

I am staying there in Oct where I return so now you have me worried that for some reason its gone downhill or did you get a room facing the back or a sea view room? My friend had to stay in a back room for 1 night until his sea view room was ready and the difference was like 10 times worse!!!