Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

water

elzito

Hi folks,

who can give me the exact waterquality of Pattayawater, in which times it had become better, how long will it taken to be drinkable?

Iis the quality of 1 Baht water real better? Which quality has ice for drinks oder many Baths-water?

Ciao elzito

Not quite sure what you mean here elzito but if you're thinking about drinking Thailand tap water then better not. I seen plenty of Thais take a glass of water from the tap and drink it but I think most westerners would get some degree of stomach upset doing that. So buy bottle water, that's pure and safe. I go to Big C and get a pack of a dozen small bottle of drinking water for 42Bt.

Ice is OK as far as I'm concerned, I've had it for years no troubles. I also use tap water to brush my teeth, never had any troubles, though many tourists, especially Aussies, warn against that. But one does buld up resistances after time.

I actually get adversely affected drinking tap water whenever I go back to Australia. Soemthing in the water (flouride?) locks me up so I can't shit for days.

Anyway, drink bottled water and you'll be OK. But use the tap water for having a bath. If you fill the bath with bottle water you won't have any money left to go to Walking Street :-)

Iis the quality of 1 Baht water real better? Which quality has ice for drinks oder many Baths-water?

I've used the "1 baht" water stations several times for all uses (food/drink/brush teeth) and had no issues. I don't use tap water for anything except showering and washing clothes.

the ice you get at 7-11 and places is almost certianly made from purified water. if you run an ice plant with unpurified water it clogs up the works pretty quickly and you end up spending lots of money on replacing parts and cleaning up from growth of bacteria and such issues. also, a lot of times the ice comes as a by product of a plant that needs to use purified water for making other things (like beer). purified water also freezes at a higher temp (32F) so it costs less to make. (for ref, look up something called "freezing point depression/molality.... it's chemistry thing)

and NOBODY likes floaties in their martini's!!!!

cheers

bert

Edited by philobert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

Never use the tap water for anything else than showering. Only use bottled water. The 1 baht water is ok - same same bottled water and icecubes you buy is made from purified water as well, so no ploplems

Everyone has the right to my opinion

Never use the tap water for anything else than showering. Only use bottled water. The 1 baht water is ok - same same bottled water and icecubes you buy is made from purified water as well, so no ploplems

That is the same I had to read when I first came to Pattaya, nearly 20 years ago .

I was very pleased to get 2 bottled water but I am not pleased

to get the 2 bottle again in any hotel in Thailand. No progress?

I am not very pleased if I have to read there is a sportsclub who donates a special

filter-system to a school to have save water. I want save water

for all living in pattaya.

Ciao elzito

What is this '1 baht water'?

It's the water you get from the reverse osmosis machines. It costs 1 baht for 1.25L of water. The machines are everywhere.

It's the water you get from the reverse osmosis machines. It costs 1 baht for 1.25L of water. The machines are everywhere.

Aw right, never seen those machines. I drink loads of water and will need a lot on my next trip. Where abouts do they put these machines?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

It's the water you get from the reverse osmosis machines. It costs 1 baht for 1.25L of water.

Dear folks,

I pay 1 Baht for 1 L of water. But that is not my question.

Again tap-water, has it to much contamination? Or less minerals? Or both?

Which are the differences between

tap-water and 1 Baht-water?

tap-water and many Baht-water?

tap-water and ice, soda and mineral-water?

Ciao elzito