Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Police discover prostitution along Beach Road

Stillearly

Sorry, that would take some Protocol, obviously it is not a payoff, just a means of ensuring that the police have the appropriate funds to do their job.

Of course such a donation cannot be made from OUTSiDE the law.

IF that was were you started from.

WTF

Regardless, didn't you think the the Thai Police would be able to handle this?

Major loss of face when a Farang steps in, let alone, decides to fight in someone elses country. Remember you are a visitor here and as such,bound by legal but more importantly, cultural law. Be sure to give the local law authority the chance to handle it, or risk being seen as an arrogant Farang who does not undertand, or respect, REGARDLESS of what you may think. Being Pissed at the time is a sure recrininating action (just in case you neglected to mention that)

I would have endeavoured to settle the matter by quiet negotation and a donation to show respect.

Never mind the Western argument about remuneration etc, Does not apply.

Get your head around it.

I am aware of how thai culture and and how people apply by it. My best friend is thai and thai/chinese i nearly married a thai women when i was younger and i have a thai girlfriend now.

But that's not the point i am no way a trouble maker but on the same hand im not idiot and i have spoken this to a few people and i stood up for what i felt was right i dont advise people to do this but it was the situation i was in!.

Edited by Achicken_getsAgem

Just trying to make the point that this is not your country and you should not presume to know better than the local law enforcement as to how to deal with civil issues.

This is evidenced by you getting involved with a domestic dispute involving Thai Nationals. Obviously, as a Farang, you will try to take the "Higher Moral Ground" according to our culture. But do you really understand?

You see a snapshot. Don't care about your friends, what about your upbringing. Honorable, though it may be, it can sometimes make you ignorant of the bigeer picture. (I know THAT is open to debate)

Just trying to make the point that this is not your country and you should not presume to know better than the local law enforcement as to how to deal with civil issues.

This is evidenced by you getting involved with a domestic dispute involving Thai Nationals. Obviously, as a Farang, you will try to take the "Higher Moral Ground" according to our culture. But do you really understand?

You see a snapshot. Don't care about your friends, what about your upbringing. Honorable, though it may be, it can sometimes make you ignorant of the bigeer picture. (I know THAT is open to debate)

This is leading off the topic that is why i said everyone is different everyman has his own belief and i personally know what a majority of thai people think of farangs So i can let you be humble and follow what you beliefs.

Honourable, but tomorrow what you defended may get a hiding of her life.... I do not like this idea, but it is "thai style"... Sadly i would have turned a blind eye, and moved on...

Not sure what the majority of Thai people think of Farangs, save what they have been exposed to.

If you mean the streets of Pattaya, then I think I know, if you mean an Engineering development in the Far North East, then completely different. Experienced that too, to my undying gratitude.

Meanwhile, try to be aware that you are still a visitor and subject to the status quo. It's f*cken hard to stand by and witness atrocities but you have to weigh the greater good. I write these words thinking "F*cking B*llshit" but can't change the world overnight.

These cultures have stood for, quite literally, thousands of years more than our own.

I'm an Aussie like you and reckon our way is pretty darn good. BUT we must not make the mistake of previous Western cultures, being blind sided by our lack of cultural experience. I know that Aussies are a go ahead bunch, not really worried about changing the world. Sometimes its hard to stand back and let things take their course, for good or bad.

Sorry to sound like a Wanker, just re-read my post but still, by world standards..............

• 1 month later...

Wow, prostitutes on beach road........... I don't believe you.

They are just friends hanging out, LOL

Shocked I am. Shocked and appalled. On Beach Road? Who would have thunk it.

..... :Think1:

There have been many complaints recently, muslim women from middle east & Indian/Paki have complained. I astonished seeing muslim women in hijabs and burkas sitting amongst Thai hookies down on the beach road. A sight I never thought I'd live to see.

Where do i complain about them? Or their husbands at least, pisses me off to see an arab guy walking down the street in clothes appropriate to the heat, and his women 2 steps behind wrapped in black from head to toe :(

I watched this cop pull up a farang for riding a motorbike without a helmet in soi buakhao the other night and I overheard the cop tell the farang it was 3000 Bt fine. Fuck me! 3000 bt. The official fine is 500Bt. That's what my Thai missis had to pay last year for the same thing. Talk about fleecing the tourists.

I got pinched on 2nd Road for not wearing a Helmet last May...the fine was 400 bht and it had to be paid to another copper sitting across the road under a tree. I still have that fine and only recently showed it to some Thai mates here in Australia. They said the hand writing on the fine was chicken scrawl... didn't make any sense. but to a foreigner it looked the real deal. A few hours later the same copper pulled me up on Beach road (this time I had a helmet), I asked, 'why have you stopped me again, you already fined me 2 hours ago'...'Oh'..he said ' ok you can go now'.. Money raiser? No way!

I got pinched on 2nd Road for not wearing a Helmet last May...the fine was 400 bht and it had to be paid to another copper sitting across the road under a tree. I still have that fine and only recently showed it to some Thai mates here in Australia. They said the hand writing on the fine was chicken scrawl... didn't make any sense. but to a foreigner it looked the real deal. A few hours later the same copper pulled me up on Beach road (this time I had a helmet), I asked, 'why have you stopped me again, you already fined me 2 hours ago'...'Oh'..he said ' ok you can go now'.. Money raiser? No way!

Funny. Reminds me of a story long ago. Took a trip down to Soi Dao (about 2 hours drive). On the way back my friend is driving and he gets stopped by a copper. At first he doesn't seem to comprehend that paying this guy a few hundred baht is gonna be WAY better than arguing and going to the cop shop but I intervene (with a smile) and ask the cop if we can take care here? Cop smiles, I slip him 200 baht and we are on the road.

Hour later we are almost back to Pattaya and get nicked again. My friend who is now clued in starts to reach for money but I'm thinking something isn't right here. So I lean over (smiling as always) and tell the cop we paid already in Soi Dao. Oh, well then being shaken down once already we are free to go.

Only in Thailand.

• 1 month later...

im shocked

once more good information always where the helmet , has any one ever be troubled when driving a car ? not having seat belt on, not having light on after dusk ?

hahaha lmfao

What ? WHAT ???? Prostitution in Pattaya ?? I dont believe it, now i have to rearrange all the travel plans for the church quire in the autumn. Oh dear lord, why are you testing all these nice single men who travels to Pattaya for relaxation and culture ??

I really dont see it as prostitution, i see it as favors exchanged. She has moneyproblems and is really thirsty on top of that. I have a little xtra cash lying around and will be generous and offer her a proteindrink...

And what is it about this corruption talk on top of the horrible accusations of prostitution ?? Has the world come to an end ?? I better go back there asap to check it out for myself :-)

• 3 weeks later...

On my many visits to Pattaya, I often sit on the Beach Walk near the entrance to Walking Street at evening time, just watching the world go by. A small Thai gang is usually there, not so subtly offering drugs for sale to passers-by. Heroin, pot, yaba, whatever. I've even seen where the gang members keep their stash, in one of those garden beds next to the road. And this goes on about 50 metres from the Tourist Police desk set up at the entrance to Walking Street.

On occasion, I have notified the voluntary farang police about this activity, but they are always 'too busy', or 'they are hard to catch' or 'don't you get involved'. I, however, suspect that the police are just too lazy, incompetent or corrupt, or a combination of all. Little wonder these hoods feel so confident about trafficking contraband right under the noses of the constabulary.

บ่อเป็นหยัง

this reminds me of the movie dumb and dumber, when jim carrey is walking out of the bar, sees a "retro" poster on the wall, and thinks it's recent.... and says "wow, we landed on the moon! cool!"