IGNORED

Rugby World Cup

fostraswift

i dont think the all blacks fear anyone, and remember the 2007 game in cardiff,... the all blacks will be out for revenge big time

that loos was huge to them

Graham Henry

New Zealand's Anton Oliver describes the All Blacks' dressing room after losing to France in the 2007 Rugby World Cup.

we will see, def goona make time to watch it here

Probably you are right... Just notice that possible Winners of that pool A (all blacks or France) will play either England or Scotland or Argentina... So the All Blacks and France will fight it out for the winners spot to face the seconnd place of pool B .. But the runners cup of Pool A will have to face the winners of Pool B... Ireland is likely to play Wales providing there is no upset against Italy and Russia, Italy will be a tough team to beat, they know Ireland so well for decade now in six nation tournament, Italy had beat France last march and Wales in 2004 and 2007 and Scotland twice in past decades, they did beat Ireland in Landowne rd in 1997... So that match will be important for both teams.. Brian O Driscoll and Kidney is fully aware of that and will be well perpared...

Edited by jocky king

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jocky king

• Tao 66

• andyaus

• fostraswift

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Ireland beat Australia. That was an awesome game to watch - both sides had some pretty tough defense. No goals scored... all penalties too. Australia got let down by their ruck IMO.

Also: As if the stupid French will beat us! I'll eat my hat if that happens...

All Blacks awesome today and killed off the French, which means England will probably play France. I tell you what though, after the way they roughed up England, I quite fancy Argentina to run Scotland close..That could be quite a game tomorrow.

I can't see any other team winning it this year except New Zealand though. I know they have blown up in the past but they just look untouchable right now.

England showed encouraging signs against Romania that we are slowly improving...The early penalties given away are still a big concern though...we are gonna get punished against the better sides if that continues.

I actually think Toby Flood is as good as Wilkinson now. He has been slipping lately, and England need that boot to be 100% as it's a major part of our points scoring!

If the all blacks have a mare and fall short again...I quite fancy Ireland as an outside bet

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

I cant see any further than the KIWIS to win the world cup, they look so much stronger than the rest and seem to have got right into there stride, the aussies are not quite there at the moment and like others I would say Ireland are looking good to cause a few more upsets.

Really looking forward to the Scotland - England game as I will be in good old LOS for that one...

RB

Oh hell that was not supposed to happen....Argentina 13 Scotland 12

Scotland need to beat England by 7 points to knock us out...you can't see it happening but...well you never know do you? They always raise their game against us...

Argentina played very well and the try they scored was one of the best of the tournament so far. Great individual try

Scotland lost the important Match to the Argentina 13-12...The Scot should be awarded a penalty in the dying minutes for a offside from Contepomi when he disturbed Parks failed drop goal ... The Irish marched Ireland back to the top when easily beat inexpperience Russia 62-12 ... Itlay should win on tuesday against USA and then face the Irish next sunday which should be a very important match for both, Losing against the Italians next sunday will be a flight home to dublin on the next day even though the Irish already won three match without a loss., because the Irish only gained one bonus points from the three matches.. Next Saturday, will be a crunch match for England and Scotland, England will be wanting to beat Scotland go on top to avoiid All Blacks in the Quarter-Final and Possible Aussie/South Africa in the semi-final... The Scot will want a final win to destroy England hopes to divert to the other Quarter-final against France... The Irish win next Sunday will be likely play against Wales in the other Quarter-final... Should be a very interesting week-end ....

I'm already nervous about the Scotland/England game next week...the Scottish will raise their game massively as they won't want the English to send them home. My main concern is England being forced into a war of attrition and giving away stupid penalties. If the Scots defend well and use the boot well we could be in trouble. Nothing worse than 15 scottish wounded animals...Hope Johnno drills it into them good this week.

Italians earned the bonus point win against USA and will need the bonus point win over Ireland this Sunday to send the Irish home... The Irish will be fully aware of that danger and will be putting out the strongest team like against previous Australia match to go on top rather be second or be send home if the Italians wins ... Pressure is on the Irish not the Italians cos they have nothing to lose ...

Edited by jocky king

2 days to go till the Calcutta Cup down under. :D

I cant wait....the week is dragging....and its a hard one to predict.

England are favourites in most eyes, and should have enough to win. But Scotland always raises its game against England in any sport, and with the weather forcast being wet....its looking good for Scotland. England need to run them over the park, but a slippery ball will hinder this.

It looks odds on for a NH v SH Final, and i think it can be any 2 from 7 to be there.

JUSTaskJARATSRI

Thai Translation and Thai Interpreter Service.

Phone: 0890915667

FlagHeads2.jpg

Language assistance with Banking, Legal, Medical or Personal.

Bar staff negotiation assistance.

All projects are kept absolutely confidential.

30 Sep, 8:30 South Africa Vs Samoa North Harbour Stadium, Albany 13-5

1 Oct, 3:30 Australia Vs Russia Trafalgar Park, Nelson 68-22

1 Oct, 6:00 France Vs Tonga Westpac Stadium, Wellington 14-19

1 Oct, 8:30 England Vs Scotland Eden Park, Auckland 16-12

2 Oct, 1:00 Argentina Vs Georgia Arena Manawatu, Palmerston North

2 Oct, 3:30 All Blacks Vs Canada Westpac Stadium, Wellington

2 Oct, 6:00 Wales Vs Fiji Waikato Stadium, Hamilton

2 Oct, 8:30 Italy Vs Ireland Otago Stadium, Dunedin

Those Time are British time....Add 6 hours on those time for Expat or Holidays mongers in Thailand..

Edited by jocky king

3Cant wait for the big match in 8 hours time .. England Vs Scotland,, The match I was waiting for.. Scotland have nothing to lose for but to go out for all out attack while England will be nervous not to lose the match , losing that match will put em to face the Mighty South Africans instead of France or a early flight home to London if Scotland wins with bonus point, with the Agrentina expecting a easy win against Georgia and a bonus point... Should be a great match for all to see..

Edited by jocky king

1 Oct, 6:00 France Vs Tonga Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Tonga upset France 19 - 14

:Grin_Jump1:

1 Oct, 8:30 England Vs Scotland Eden Park, Auckland

I'd like to see England win today :Dance1:

England won a hard fought battle with the Brave Scot 16-12, England was lucky not to lose otherwise they would have to face All Blacks.... Wilkinson missing a lot of penalties.. Will be Toby Flood instead of Wilkinson for next week quarter-final against France because of possible arm injuries, seen him clutching his arm on his way off... Should be a great match between England and France next week...

Phew! What a game! Edge of my seat all game and I really thought we were going out. I think Flood is still a better kicker in thos world cup but what a drop goal from Johnny when it mattered...the try was a bit special too.

Now for the French.....

Hey there, only skim'd through the subject but haven't noticed anything.

I'll be in Pattaya next week for 1 month and i'm looking for a nice bar to watch the RWC.

Any suggestions for a Pattaya newbie please ? =)

Bad luck for the Scotts, i was hoping that they would hold out until the end. A nice training run for the Aussies against the Russians, as expected.

I'm looking forward to catching the finals, NZ will be hard to stop.

Injuries having an Impact

We are getting to the pointy end of the competition and unfortunately injuries are likely to play a major part in the results.

The big News is that Dan Carter is ruled out of the All Blacks side and this has to have a big impact on the side.

The Wallabies have lost Drew Mitchell which hurts but they will get back Kurtley Beale at full back and Digby Ioane

The Springboks have had a very bad run with second rowers Meuller and Hatfield both doing hamstrings. Add this to wing Bryan Habana (knee tendon), fly half Butch James (hip flexor) and Jean de Villiers (rib cartilage) and the depth of South African Ruby will be tested.

England has sent home Prop Andrew Sheridan but they have extra props in the squad so it might not impact too much.

France have lost fly half David Skrela which leaves them vulnarable.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

I tell you what...Ireland could win it. Obviously the All Blacks are favourites but Ireland's 2nd half destruction of Italy was absolutely brilliant. England in the Semis will be an awesome game if we get past the French.

I hope I can find a place to watch the game.

Ireland still have wales to beet tim, they distroyed Fiji this morning..

this is anyones world cup i think...who wants it the most?,,lol

still favor the all blacks with home advantage

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Quarter final of England vrs France is going to be interesting - battle to see you least deserves to be in the semi's.

The way both Ireland and Wales are playing, it is going to be a great match and I don't fancy either in the semi's if we do actually beat France (who look like a team that are imploding)

8 Oct Ireland v Wales

8 Oct England v France

9 Oct South Africa v Australia

9 Oct New Zealand v Argentina

So it looks like a Northern hemisphere vs Southern hemisphere final..... Pity it is a knock out from now...There could have been some good matches otherwise.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

30 Sep, 8:30 South Africa Vs Samoa North Harbour Stadium, Albany 13-5

1 Oct, 3:30 Australia Vs Russia Trafalgar Park, Nelson 68-22

1 Oct, 6:00 France Vs Tonga Westpac Stadium, Wellington 14-19

1 Oct, 8:30 England Vs Scotland Eden Park, Auckland 16-12

2 Oct, 1:00 Argentina Vs Georgia Arena Manawatu, Palmerston North 25-7

2 Oct, 3:30 All Blacks Vs Canada Westpac Stadium, Wellington 79-15

2 Oct, 6:00 Wales Vs Fiji Waikato Stadium, Hamilton 66-0

2 Oct, 8:30 Italy Vs Ireland Otago Stadium, Dunedin 6-36

Those Time are British time....Add 6 hours on those time for Expat or Holidays mongers in Thailand..

Bst/thai time

8th Oct 6.00am/12pm Ireland Vs Wales Westpac Stadium, Wellingtin

8th Oct 8.30am/14.30pm England Vs France Eden Park, Auckland

9th Oct 6.00am/12.pm South Africa Vs Australia Westpac Stadium, Wellington

9th Oct 8.30am/14.30pm All Blacks Vs Argentina Eden Park, Auckland

What a match today with Wales getting a big win 66-0 and a sweet revenge for their Loss against Fiji in 2007 38-34. Played super rugby, Now they face Ireland in the Quarter Final next Saturday who also won against Italy 36-6 , Birthday boy Keith Earl got two tries with Irish ace O Driscoll got the other try.. This match should be a fantastic tussle between two on form Countries, England facing France who lost this morning against Tonga also next Saturday...... South Africa and Australia match will be some game, probably that match everybody waiting to see... All Blacks meeting Argentina next Sunday with the loss of their star player Dan Carter, Should be All Blacks in the Semi Final but Argentina's Rugby style might deter All blacks to march on to the semi... What a week-end it will be, But the morning matches is not good to watch, Wish I was in Pattaya to watch those fatastic matches... I still think England and Australia will be in the Final...

Edited by jocky king

watched Canada against the All Blacks, couldn't be more proud of the boys,although outclassed they never layed down and never gave up.

Wales V Ireland will be a very tight game. The Welsh have played brilliantly too, and really should have beaten South Africa. I just think Ireland have an extra gear, but anything can happen.

Dare I say it...Wilko should be dropped. Flood is a better kicker with this type of ball. We need a good kicker.

France have played some good rugby but still show signs of the old Gallic ways of the past. When they are sh*t they REALLY are s*it. Tonga was an appalling defeat. England really need to go at the French from the off...I still think that if you can really rattle the French they will combust spectacularly. If France get a foot in the game from the off and we don't deal with it they can destroy us with great running rugby. If, however, they play like they did against Tonga we could put 40 plus points on them.

i still can't see past New Zealand though...but Argentina's rough n tough style may frustrate them. They are a hard side to beat.

For me though, it will be New Zealand v Ireland final, from what I have seen so far. Ireland have just got that little bit of edge over England (assuming we beat the French) with their discipline and better handling. We will give away too many Penalties, and Ronan O'Gara is a superb kicker.

Just my penny's worth from what I have seen

Edited by Frugal Charles

Bst/thai time

8th Oct 6.00am/12pm Ireland 10 Vs 22 Wales Westpac Stadium, Wellingtin

8th Oct 8.30am/14.30pm England Vs France Eden Park, Auckland

9th Oct 6.00am/12.pm South Africa Vs Australia Westpac Stadium, Wellington

9th Oct 8.30am/14.30pm All Blacks Vs Argentina Eden Park, Aucklan

Edited by jocky king