IGNORED

Recommendation for Thai Language School in Pattaya?

WongamatAPI

I live here full time and I'm looking to expand my communication abilities here. Can anyone recommend a Thai language school in Pattaya? I don't need it for the Ed visa, I'm wanting to read, write, and speak Thai. Thanks!

-Brian

I would highly recommend CTLS language school Pattaya, i attended Walen Thai and Pro Language but found CTLS to be far better and there teach stuff that is very useable and every day talking. Personally i would give Walen a miss i done 60hrs there and did not learn a lot, i learned more in 20hrs at CTLS than what i did with 60 at Walen. Hope this helps you and good luck, its good fun and interesting when you learn at a good level and helps very much staying here.

http://www.tlslanguageschool.com/

Any recommendations in South Pattaya close to Tukcom?

EasiLearn is fairly close to Tukcom. It is on Soi Buakao, just a little way from the Pattaya Tai end. See Photoguide Map to Easilearn They do the one-on-one lessons there. I took lessons there last year and just signed up again today for more lessons this year. Her telephone number is 0861419906 and email is [email protected]

"Time travel!! All you want is to slap a hippie, but all you get is multiple Kowalski's."

I would highly recommend CTLS language school Pattaya, i attended Walen Thai and Pro Language but found CTLS to be far better and there teach stuff that is very useable and every day talking. Personally i would give Walen a miss i done 60hrs there and did not learn a lot, i learned more in 20hrs at CTLS than what i did with 60 at Walen. Hope this helps you and good luck, its good fun and interesting when you learn at a good level and helps very much staying here.

http://www.tlslanguageschool.com/

I'm very interested in the best Thai language school in Patts. But I look at this website and am not real reassured. Unless I'm mistaken, they don't even list a set of Thai language classes. There is a 20-hr "Thai culture" course, but I get the impression it is for farang businessmen who need to get some kind of gov't certification from the school for this. The rest of the classes seem geared toward training teachers how to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL) to Thais. If it works for you, great, I'll check it out.

But going by reviews and the websites, I'm leaning heavily toward Pro Language. They seem to have a good track record in teaching Thai to foreigners. Their website even has a long video shot in an actual class that shows what it is like, and it looks ideal.

I'm very interested in the best Thai language school in Patts. But I look at this website and am not real reassured. Unless I'm mistaken, they don't even list a set of Thai language classes. There is a 20-hr "Thai culture" course, but I get the impression it is for farang businessmen who need to get some kind of gov't certification from the school for this. The rest of the classes seem geared toward training teachers how to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL) to Thais. If it works for you, great, I'll check it out.

But going by reviews and the websites, I'm leaning heavily toward Pro Language. They seem to have a good track record in teaching Thai to foreigners. Their website even has a long video shot in an actual class that shows what it is like, and it looks ideal.

If you are actually over there, try contacting them and asking if you can sit in on a free lesson. Important considerations would be, class size, whether there is a tight fixed syllabus or whether they are flexible enough to adapt each lesson to suit needs and strengths of students, what sort of resources do they use, what teaching styles. Everyone of these factors can have an enormous effect on your progress. Remember also that reviews and recommendations from others, whilst helpful to a degree, will not necessarily mean that they will match your learning style or needs.

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

• 3 months later...

EasiLearn is fairly close to Tukcom. It is on Soi Buakao, just a little way from the Pattaya Tai end. See Photoguide Map to Easilearn They do the one-on-one lessons there. I took lessons there last year and just signed up again today for more lessons this year. Her telephone number is 0861419906 and email is [email protected]

Hey thanks for this info will give it a try next year.

Pattaya Trip No.19 - Commences 22nd December 2013.....................Pattaya Trip No.20 - Commences 27th March 2014