Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Monaco Hotel Sukhumvit Road - Soi 2

BrasTrav

This hotel is formerly known as the Marco (Polo) hotel...

Stayed here begin June 2011 for 6 nights. This hotel is located almost at the end of Soi 2 of Sukhumvit Road, next to the Solo hotel. Walking to Monaco hotel from Sukhumvit takes approximately 10 minutes, but this hotel has a free tuktuk service who brings you every moment of the day or night from the hotel to Sukhumvit Road or back to the hotel. It's very usefull to save the hotel's mobile number into your own mobile to call them when you need you want to return to your hotel. It's also very usefull when you come to this hotel by BTS Skytrain. The closest station is Ploen Chit.

This hotel (actually a serviced apartment) is close to Soi 4 and Nana Plaza. If necessary the tuktuk driver of the hotel will bring you to the 7-Eleven at Soi 4. You can get there driving through a parking lot between Soi 2 and Soi 4; also Annie's massage is located there.

A few months in advance I've booked online via Agoda a Deluxe Sophistique Room. Price at that moment was 1300 Thai Baht per night, taxes included but without breakfast. I also told him that I needed "early check-in". Normally this will cost half the price of one night (650 ThB) and according room availability. I was lucky... At arrival I've got a free upgrade to a Superior Sophistique Room and I didn't need to pay for my early check-in at 08:30 AM. This is what I call service... I will surely stay here again.

The room and bathroom are beautiful and very clean. The only thing what's worth some comment is the airconditioning and the mattress. The airconditioning is hanging almost above the bed, at the side of the bed. Sometimes I've felt the air blowing. The mattress is quite hard. It took some days for me before I was used to it.

This hotel is small and doesn't have a swimming pool, but if you want to swim you can always go to the Marriott hotel at the corner of Sukhumvit Road and Soi 2. For the price of approximately 120 Thai Baht you can swim there. Ask at the reception desk of Monaco hotel for a voucher.

Hereby a summary of the Superior Sophistique Room ammenities:

- beautiful and modern decorated room (Deluxe Sophistique 27 m2, Superior Sophistique 30 m2)

- free wi-fi

- adjustable airconditioning

- sofa for 2 persons

- big bed for 2 persons

- tv & dvd (movie dvd's you can ask at the reception desk)

- refrigerator

- every day complimentary 2 small bottles of water

- warm water boiler for coffee and tea

- kitchenette without stove but with microwave

- daily cleaning

- daily new towels

- bathroom with shower (bathtub with shower curtain) and toilet

- free cotton buds, small soaps, shampoo and a shower cap

- electronic numeric safe inside the closet

- very small balcony

- free tuktuk service

- quiet neighborhood

E-mail: [email protected]

Ad optimum.

Stayed here myself many times during my last trip this year, and agree about everything said,

except for me that am used to stay in dirt cheap simple places with hardspring beds,

the bed-matress in Monaco was really soft and I slept like a baby!:)

Only a short 7 minutes stroll to NEP and no problems having my ST barfines walk with me back to the room!

Plahgat

SAM_2800 - Kopia.JPG

When no money... she no give honey! 

Monaco hotel is just value for your money. Also the ladies at the reception desk are very sweet and helpfull and the other staff, for example the tuktuk drivers, are very friendly and helpfull too. I agree, never any problem with bringing back ladies. By the way, the picture that Plahgat posted here is a Deluxe Sophistique Room, the smallest room in their hotel with 27 m2.

Stayed here myself many times during my last trip this year, and agree about everything said,

except for me that am used to stay in dirt cheap simple places with hardspring beds,

the bed-matress in Monaco was really soft and I slept like a baby!:)

Only a short 7 minutes stroll to NEP and no problems having my ST barfines walk with me back to the room!

Plahgat

Ad optimum.