Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Do Thais need a passport to fly within Thailand?

Mike_P

I'm flying from the UK to Bangkok in a few days. I've arranged to meet my Thai girlfriend at the airport and we then plan to fly on to Phuket. I've already booked the flights weeks ago but when I went to print the boarding passes it said passports would be required. Does she need one? I know photo ID is enough for internal flights in the UK so I assumed it'd be the same there. Anyone know?

A Thai will only need their ID card which they have to carry by law.

Thai_ID_card.jpg

Edited by Geek In Asia

Welcome to the board mike_p.

Can't tell for sure but the philosophy of a passport is it's a document, issued by a national government, which certifies, for the purpose of international travel, the identity and nationality of it's holder.

If you are on a UK web page request may pop up as default and suggest you simply get the boarding card at the airport.

I've taken Thai girls on domestic flights and they didn't have or need to use a passport. I've never heard of any country anywhere requiring a passport for a domestic flight. Of course they will check your GF's ID card. I think what's happening in your case is you are setting this up from outside the country so the computer is just programmed to tell you about the passport. Don't worry about it.