IGNORED

Travelling to Singapore from Pattaya

keswick01

I plan to travel from Pattaya to Singapore (not by air) and take in a visit to Koh Samui if possible.

Has anyone taken this trip and what are your tips? How long would you suggest I take for the journey?

GLASGOW RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB - NO OTHER TEAM COMES CLOSE!!!!!!!

Thats a hell of a trip mate.. If you're not gonna fly you'll have to sit in a bus/train for days!!!

You can get an overnight bus from BKK to koh samui.

12/14 hrs on the bus then i think its 3hrs on the ferry to samui.

less then 1000 bht from patts to samui.

dont no bout going to sing tho,

Cheers, ive just jacked in my job and fancy going travelling through thailand rather than just staying in heaven that isotherwise known as Pattaya.

I travelled alot before finding pattaya, that was the best for me as got to see everything before mongering

I travelled alot before finding pattaya, that was the best for me as got to see everything before mongering

maybe thats my problem i went straights to patts, haven't even stopped off at bangkok yet.

Cheers, ive just jacked in my job and fancy going travelling through thailand rather than just staying in heaven that isotherwise known as Pattaya.

I've travelled through Malaysia and I can tell you its well worth a visit

Was looking for a visit to Batam island off Singapore which is a fraction of the price of singapore and may well take your advice to include Malaysia. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's a pretty long journey AND you have to travel through the farang unfriendly South of LOS. Maybe I'm chicken shit but I'm not taking the risk of being a farang travelling though heavily "enforced" southern LOS just so I can travel through Malaysia. While quiet (or hushed over and not printed in the press), there are issues with the gov't. vs. the muslim minority in the south. Seems to me that it's safer to take a value airline, like JetStar direct to SIN and express bus from Changi to ferry terminal for trip Batam, Indonesia. Upon your return to SIN, take bus over the causeway to Malaysia and train to KL.

Good Luck

That's a pretty long journey AND you have to travel through the farang unfriendly South of LOS. Maybe I'm chicken shit but I'm not taking the risk of being a farang travelling though heavily "enforced" southern LOS just so I can travel through Malaysia. While quiet (or hushed over and not printed in the press), there are issues with the gov't. vs. the muslim minority in the south. Seems to me that it's safer to take a value airline, like JetStar direct to SIN and express bus from Changi to ferry terminal for trip Batam, Indonesia. Upon your return to SIN, take bus over the causeway to Malaysia and train to KL.

Good Luck

Many thanks guys,

After all the comments I have changed my plans slightly and will use budget airlines. Only 20days to go now until my adventure begins.