IGNORED

lpg gas ?

mpm

Hi ive been thinking of converting my fortuner to lpg gas to save on costs, at the moment my fortuner 2.7liter is running on petrol and costing me about 2000 a week just running around pattaya..Anyone have info or opinions on this subject, my missus seems to think it would devalue the car?? my mate had his camry done and they put the gas tank where his spear should be. he seems to think its a great idea..what do you good people think??

It really depends how cheap lpg is in Thailand. Petrol is pretty cheap in Thailand compared to western countries so getting an lpg conversion is well worth it.I have had a few lpg cars and they have worked fine and saved me a lot of money on fuel.If you are spending 2000 baht a week on fuel and lpg is half the price then get a conversion done but get it done by someone who you know does a good job or you could end up like my mate whose fairly new volvo engine died and cost him a packet.You might be better off selling your 2.7 litre and investing in a smaller engine car for just running around Pattaya.Getting something with half the engine size will save you on fuel and the cost of converting.

Here is some info on it from thaivisa..some old some new..

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/74535-lpg-ngv-fuel/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/483850-industrial-lpg-price-going-up-by-3-bahtkg-tomorrow/

Hi ive been thinking of converting my fortuner to lpg gas to save on costs, at the moment my fortuner 2.7liter is running on petrol and costing me about 2000 a week just running around pattaya..Anyone have info or opinions on this subject, my missus seems to think it would devalue the car?? my mate had his camry done and they put the gas tank where his spear should be. he seems to think its a great idea..what do you good people think??

Where does he keep his spear?

Thanks for the info,will need to look at how the lpg prices are moving, but even a 20% rise will still work out at a saving, what id like to do is have a run in a motor already converted and see how it feels, theres no mention of the car being devalued on those theads you gave me so guess thats not the case..thanks for your help

A good LPG conversion drives just like the vehicle did on petrol but with I guess about 10% less power. The Fortuner does not have a separate boot, I'm not sure you would want the gas tank inside the vehicle.