IGNORED

Penthouse Hotel

lex110

Hello Gents,

Well, I just got back from a trip to Pattaya a few days ago and would like to leave my two cents about the Penthouse hotel. I stayed in room 518 (Party Patong Room)for three nights. I really liked the PH and thought the room was great, the service was good and the food was very good. My room had a jacuzzi, dance poll, sex swing, large bed, balcony, and tons of pillows and towels. I didn't see any roaches or bugs the three nights I was there and I made it a point to look for them. The staff was overall very pleasant and was always nice to me. I didn't find the mini-bar prices to be outrageous at all. I travel a lot for business and I can promise that other mini bars are waaay more expensive then at PH. I never went into the Kitten Club or Obsessions, so can't comment on prices or quality. I know this flies in the face of much of what people have written about and experienced from the PH, but this was what I experienced. I took a girl down to their creatively designed pool and she loved to get naked and swing on all the different contraptions they have around the indoor pool. The pool was a little bit over chlorinated...but that was actually not a minus, because I would rather suffer with slightly sore eyes from too much chlorine than have a pool full of bacteria or disease. There were two negatives that I saw: I did see the front desk clerk being rude to a customer while he was trying to make a future reservation, but they were never rude to me. And, the laundry room is on the fifth floor and there was always a big pile of sheets and towels waiting to be washed in the hallway near my room. I did see the cats that everyone complains about, but they were never on my floor and I didn't see any cat shit anywhere. Would I stay there again??? I don't think so. There are tons of cheap places to stay in Pattaya and though I enjoyed it for my first experience I think I will stay at a cheaper place next time. When I left PH I rented a condo in Jomtien which was awesome, but it was too dang far away from the action..at least in my opinion. I ended up renting a cheap room at Classroom for 1100bt per day and it was great and the owners of classroom were really nice and the room was fantastic. So, that is my two cents on the PH hotel...let the flames begin!!

Happy Hunting,

Lex

I've stayed in that same room myself, several years ago. I feel as you do, it was fun to try out once and I've never stayed there again. Do they still have the 'love swing'? Do they still offer handcuffs in the room? Well, I used the swing, anyway.

Retired

The pool was a little bit over chlorinated...but that was actually not a minus, because I would rather suffer with slightly sore eyes from too much chlorine than have a pool full of bacteria or disease.

When you smell the chlorine , it means it's working overtime because the pool is full of bacteria :D

Edited by jerry

Thanks for the review. I have to ask - is the indoor pool clothing optional?? That sounds like a blast bringing your TG back for a spot of skinnydippy. Are there other's in the pool when you did this? Do they care? Thanks.

Thanks for the review. I have to ask - is the indoor pool clothing optional?? That sounds like a blast bringing your TG back for a spot of skinnydippy. Are there other's in the pool when you did this? Do they care? Thanks.

Well, I am not sure if it is officially a clothing optional pool, but there wasn't anyone else there when me and my TG were at the pool...so we got butt naked and had all sorts of great fun around and in the pool area. I believe they allow nudity...it seems like it is even encouraged, but I may be wrong on that account. I highly recommend the pool experience with a TG...she loved it and it was a lot of fun!! If, and that is a big "If" I ever stay at PH again I would do it solely because of the pool!!

I am planning to go to PH, it helps me to take me decision .... thanks- EVS

Yep I stayed there in 2007. Same deal with the pool. The gogo doesnt see much action as its out of the way. They also have some deal where a bus of asian tourists rock up and stay for about 30 mins then bail. Thats about the only time there is people in there.

YZFR6

• 2 weeks later...

there was one more thing that was handy at the SPAM WORD hotel. They have two safes....one is the traditional hotel safe and the other is a personal safe you can lock with your own pad lock. It is about the same size as the traditional hotel safe but seems to add that extra protection. With a traditional hotel safe the staff always has access with their keys, but with the pad lock safe the staff is completely locked out. I wish more offered this option.

• 5 months later...

Did you see farang couples staying at SPAM WORD house? We are debating staying there, hoping to maybe meet other couples who are bringing ladies back also...

OK my first post on this board although i have been following the posts for over a year for info.

I have never felt the need to write a review but after my First and Last stay at the SPAM WORD hotel i thought i must share my two cents.

I booked the Party Room (2 beds & Jacuzzi above the pool) After Paying for the rooms the attitude of the Front counter staff just changed instantly. All of a sudden they were no longer friendly, infact hostile i have never experenced anything like it. I was planning on having 2 friends pop over for a few drinks to check out the hotel and party with us for a while. I was told if they were to visit i was not aloud to have a girl in the room otherwise i would have to pay a 1200 baht joining fee per guest..... Not only that but right on the desk was a sign saying no joining fees for any amount of woman from their kitten clubs. So now shes contradicting her self and being thai does not like loss of face! Getting even angrier she was not going to let me enjoy my night without selling me another room for 2400 baht which we wern't planning on using at all.

This attitude carried on through out the stay, at 7am when i called down to ask if i could have a swim in the pool (a fairly normal request at most hotels) She was once again rude to me, gave me a number of excuses why i couldnt and Hung up on me... for the amount of money i payed on those room the last thing you would expect is to get abused and hung up on by a member of staff.

The cockroaches are still there, i counted a few that night.

There was no link on the tv to the clubs downstairs which was advertised on the website

The hotel itself is amazing, you do have to experience the sex swings, and all the fun to be had in those rooms how ever i had such a sour taste in my mouth from the staff i would never stay there again. I think i was really lucky to have such an amazing Freelancer BG who helped me make the most of a bad situation, i can only imagine what it would have been like if i had a dud girl aswell

I should have listened to all the negative reviews...

Matty - Buka

• 3 weeks later...

Did you see farang couples staying at SPAM WORD house? We are debating staying there, hoping to maybe meet other couples who are bringing ladies back also...

I didn't see any Farang couples, but I know they welcome them. I actually read a review by a couple on Tripadvisor. Here is the link:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d501251-r105116243-SPAM WORD_Hotel-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

Hope this helps.