Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jumping Off Point

Vigile

I'll be arriving in Pattaya at the end of this month and will be there for a month or more. I've been to Phuket, but this will be my first trip to Pattaya.

Anyway, not having been there, I don't know which part of the area I would like to stay yet, and need advice on a good jumping off point that I can spend a few days in as I explore the area. What is the best "central" location that is close to nightlife, grocery shopping, restaurants, et al? This will absolutely help me narrow down my search.

Thanks!

This is low season, so rooms will be easy to find. I suggest booking a couple nights on Soi 13. Sandy Spring, AA, MaMaison. Once you get there walk around, check out a few places. My first few trips I stayed one place for a week and moved on. I got to see different areas of town and different hotels.

Vigile, If you've been to Phuket before but never in Pattaya you're in for a couple pleasant surprises. One is accommodation. a great choice of hotels & guesthouses GF and they are a lot cheaper than Phuket. Number two is transportation, no tuk-tuk mafia. Even though Pattaya is a big city getting around is easy and cheap on the baht bus system. So you don't need a hotel right on top of the action.

You should tell us what your price range is? What your looking for in facilities? and if your looking for a hotel or guesthouse? August is low season so you should be able to find something pretty easy

Like CheapCharlie above I like staying Soi 13 good central location, close to everything, quiet (no beerbars)

Check this thread out choose your hotel

I'm hoping to keep my rent below 10k/month. Ideally, I'd like a kitchenette so I can do some cooking. I grew weary of restaurant food when in Phuket. I'd also like a place that is quiet at night as I will be working from the internet while there and won't be out partying every night. Finally, I would like a bit of life around as well as shopping and such. I don't mind using transportation, but like to find life, shopping, what have you within walking distance as well, otherwise I get a bit lazy and don't go out enough. :)

I stayed in a guesthouse in Phuket for 10k. Really nice owner from Denmark. It was an overall great experience, if a bit noisy some nights as people outside blasted music in the streets.

I'm hoping to keep my rent below 10k/month. Ideally, I'd like a kitchenette so I can do some cooking. I grew weary of restaurant food when in Phuket. I'd also like a place that is quiet at night as I will be working from the internet while there and won't be out partying every night. Finally, I would like a bit of life around as well as shopping and such. I don't mind using transportation, but like to find life, shopping, what have you within walking distance as well, otherwise I get a bit lazy and don't go out enough. :)

I stayed in a guesthouse in Phuket for 10k. Really nice owner from Denmark. It was an overall great experience, if a bit noisy some nights as people outside blasted music in the streets.

Again, I think your best option is book a hotel for a few days and scope out a few places. Everybody has different opinions.

I stayed at this place. It was quiet, near everything, and reasonable.

I know a guy currently staying at Nurin Condo, Pattaya for 6 months. He loves it. http://pattayacondo.dokbua.com/

You might want to check out this thread http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/50844-norcalkid-on-the-cheap-and-sober/page__st__324

Edited by CheapCharlie

I agree also that between Soi's 10 and 13 is a good area for a new starter. And yes, just book 3 nights around there as you are likely to find some good walk-in rates. Theres a few new small places on these sois with pretty good rates. I spotted a new place called Westerly Hill on Soi 13/1 i think, nice clean rooms but I dont think they had balcony or pool.