IGNORED

Sandy Spring Renovation

globalexperiences

I have booked 2 weeks in August at Sandy Spring and just want to know if anyone is in the newly renovated rooms. Have they finished?

I'm also keen to know what the renovated rooms are like (difference) & what's the noise level if any as I'll be there early August

Thanks.

well, globalexperiences (& gazman) if no one answers your question. Your PA assignment is to come back and give us an update on the new and improved Sandy Spring.

Sandy Spring has been my favorite hotel in Pattaya. Will be interested in hearing if the new improvements are worth the recent price rise?

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed in one of the suites on the 8th floor last month and the only change was that the carpet was new and the bedside lamps had been upgraded. Not sure if that constitues "renovation".

They have brought in a "members" policy now, where you pay Bt300 a year and get a card that gives you a discount back to the old rates - a bit strange. Also the internet is free now. Still like the hotel for location, seaview and staff attitude.

They have brought in a "members" policy now, where you pay Bt300 a year and get a card that gives you a discount back to the old rates - a bit strange. Also the internet is free now. Still like the hotel for location, seaview and staff attitude.

How much did you pay for one night? So now they have stopped using those stupid 1 hour tickets for WIFI?

They still had the tickets for wifi in April, but it was free.

A friend who had booked Sandy in June/July had to move out because of the noise there.

They are upgrading the bathrooms I believe.

Pictures and reports are most welcome :)

Tor

Live for today, gone tomorrow, that's me.... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (Roger The Hat - Pink Floyd roadie)

I`m not staying at Sandy next time due to increased room prices and renovation noise http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/80484-sandy-spring/page__view__findpost__p__1328758

I will as I have my stuff stored there. But I guess I will move on if the noise is to bad...

Live for today, gone tomorrow, that's me.... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (Roger The Hat - Pink Floyd roadie)

Well I am staying her at the moment in a deluxe seaview room on the 7th floor. The renovation is as posted before: they have replaced the carpet, new LCD TV and bedside lamps. Not really a reno but better than nothing. They have advertised that room renovations will be going on for about a month....that was in June...the signs are still up. They are now working on the entire 5th floor so I can't see them finishing for another few months. Yes the price has increased but you can join there membership for 350baht and then your room rate reduces by 300baht per night. For me it is still one of the best locations and I would stay again.

Well I am staying her at the moment in a deluxe seaview room on the 7th floor. The renovation is as posted before: they have replaced the carpet, new LCD TV and bedside lamps. Not really a reno but better than nothing. They have advertised that room renovations will be going on for about a month....that was in June...the signs are still up. They are now working on the entire 5th floor so I can't see them finishing for another few months. Yes the price has increased but you can join there membership for 350baht and then your room rate reduces by 300baht per night. For me it is still one of the best locations and I would stay again.

Thanks for the update 'globalexperiences' I'm thinking about going in NOV. and for me the deluxe seaview rooms on the 7th & 8th floor at SS are just about perfect.

Sounds like they started work on the top floors and are working there way down so it would probably be safe to book a room on the top floors.

Have you tried the SeaMe Spring hotel on soi 10 yet?. The view from there seaview rooms is pretty much identical to SS and the rooms are new with nice big bathrooms which is the big drawback of SS. Although I like the pool area better at SS. The membership card works at SeaMe Spring also.

Thanks for the update 'globalexperiences' I'm thinking about going in NOV. and for me the deluxe seaview rooms on the 7th & 8th floor at SS are just about perfect.

Sounds like they started work on the top floors and are working there way down so it would probably be safe to book a room on the top floors.

Have you tried the SeaMe Spring Hotel on soi 10 yet?. The view from there seaview rooms is pretty much identical to SS and the rooms are new with nice big bathrooms which is the big drawback of SS. Although I like the pool area better at SS. The membership card works at SeaMe Spring also.

--------------------------------------------------

I went to have a look at the SeaMe Springs hotel and yes it is new and modern. For me though I use the California gym which is directly opposite Soi 13 on 2nd Road. I also tend to visit Walking Street more than other areas so I like to walk back. I know that you can se the baht bus and a motorbike which would serve all those purposes but I guess I am a creature of habit... enjoy your trip!

Sea me can't be too far to the north?? Max a few hundred metres?? Rates however are a little more expensive.

Hi all;

I contacted the Sandy Spring about getting a room in NOV. They told me they expected the construction to be completed by the end of OCT. Anyone got an opinion here. Do you really think they will be finished by OCT. or were they just saying that because I was enquiring about NOV.

They offered me a Seaview Deluxe at 1600B and the 'New Seaview Deluxe' at 1900B. (membershio rate) I'm guessing the 'New Seaview Deluxe' is the renovated room??. Anyone stayed at the 'New' room? Is it worth the extra 300B.

Thanks

Hi all;

I contacted the Sandy Spring about getting a room in NOV. They told me they expected the construction to be completed by the end of OCT. Anyone got an opinion here. Do you really think they will be finished by OCT. or were they just saying that because I was enquiring about NOV.

They offered me a Seaview Deluxe at 1600B and the 'New Seaview Deluxe' at 1900B. (membershio rate) I'm guessing the 'New Seaview Deluxe' is the renovated room??. Anyone stayed at the 'New' room? Is it worth the extra 300B.

Thanks

Is it worth the 300baht for the renovated room????

I guess it depends on your budget. Must be getting into high season as I stayed in the new renovated room and to be honest I couldn't really tell the difference. The bathrooms are still the same with shower over bath designed for hobbits. In saying that 300baht is about $10 so if your staying a week or so then who cares. If your staying a month then it may be an issue.

Again I love staying there for the staff, the very good restaurant next door and massage across the lane. Also got 2 suits made across the lane next to massage and 6 shirts. Very well made.

If money is an issue I would look at PBR further along beach road towards Walking Street. Have fun!!!!

Thanks for the update globalexperiences

I just booked the 'New' Seaview Deluxe at SS for the last two weeks of NOV. So I'll try to update this thread then, maybe post some pictures if I can figure out how.

Like you my big complaint with the SS is the 'hobbit' sized tub and shower. But you can't beat the location and I love the big seaview balcony

Any one got any photos of the new renovated rooms ??????

:001_Thank_You5:

• 2 months later...

I'm back there in a few weeks. All seaview booked out so overlooking soi 13 instead. Will update after stay