IGNORED

Direct Flights from Heathrow

socrates

I 'MAY' have the opportunity to return to Pattaya towards the end of this month - I only got back on 2nd July.

I have been scanning flights over the last 5 or 6 days - they vary between:

£840 - £1250 the latter being Qantas and BA

the £840 fares are now unavailable and its only £1250 economy fares

I looked at flying indirectly but upgrading to Premium Economy:

Air France has decent flying times 13.5 hours going and 15 hours returning for around £1250

My real question is:

Can cheaper flights be found by travelling with one airline and returning with another - Travel Supermarket do not really seem to be the cheapest option these days.

I can travel from 26th onwards and return around 21st August

Any other tips?

I 'MAY' have the opportunity to return to Pattaya towards the end of this month - I only got back on 2nd July.

Air France has decent flying times 13.5 hours going and 15 hours returning for around £1250

My real question is:

Can cheaper flights be found by travelling with one airline and returning with another - Travel Supermarket do not really seem to be the cheapest option these days.

Any other tips?

get with etihad and have a changeover,2 hours tops with them great airline as well.

get with etihad and have a changeover,2 hours tops with them great airline as well.

around £1000 - not really that cheap for economy and indirect - but I agree a great airline I flew to Dubai with them couple of years ago

Too short notice to get anything like a decent price IMO.

You never know though, keep hunting.

There are so many sites but there is not really one that I know of that is really hitting the spot - they seem to be affiliated to certain airlines or the like - so you never get a true search.

I might have to end up paying Eva £1250 for a direct flight but get to travel Premium Economy - who knows?

There are so many sites but there is not really one that I know of that is really hitting the spot - they seem to be affiliated to certain airlines or the like - so you never get a true search.

I might have to end up paying Eva £1250 for a direct flight but get to travel Premium Economy - who knows?

While I was searching your dates I found Thai for about 900... I thought that it would be too expensive so didnt mention it but as your considering 1250 for EVA it might be worth a look.

www.kayak.co.uk

Edited to add: If I were you I would take an indirect flight and save a whole load of cash.

While I was searching your dates I found Thai for about 900... I thought that it would be too expensive so didnt mention it but as your considering 1250 for EVA it might be worth a look.

www.kayak.co.uk

Edited to add: If I were you I would take an indirect flight and save a whole load of cash.

Link for that please as I looked on Kayak and it does not come up

Link for that please as I looked on Kayak and it does not come up

Link

My real question is:

Any other tips?

the best tip i could give anyone about flying is never fly with british airways, ever!! another tip, jet airways are a fantastic airline and are often the cheapest. hope this helps

I cannot see a fare for £900 - I might be missing something

This is what I get when I follow the link...

post-11269-0-15427100-1310753970.jpg

Try opening the link in a different browser.

My real question is:

Any other tips?

Hi there I work for Netflights in the UK and doing 2 o-way tickets will work out a lot more unfortunately your travel dates are last minute and coincide with the kids breaking up flight prices start to drop on the 10th of August. Unfortunately I am in the same boat and ended up booking a o-way with ethiad as I am moving there cost me £550 I normally pay less than than return!!

It worked in a different browser - these sites are not consistent

When you think of how many queries they handle every minute its not surprising.

So did you book it? :MonkeyFight:

Sorry buddy i didnt read for post properly.... my post was an in direct flight. apologies

Kingfisher indirect for £754.00 a few others well under what you have quoted.

I booked through these for my trip later this year.

Hope this helps you buddy

http://www.southalltravel.co.uk

I refuse to go indirect - sorry mate I have trouble enough with the 11 hour flight and do not even start me on the return flight

It redirects to Opodo and that fare does not exist!

Thats a shame, all the seats at that price must have sold.

Have had some good deals through Kayak in the past.

Thats a shame, all the seats at that price must have sold.

Have had some good deals through Kayak in the past.

To be honest I think Kayak headline some good deals but in most cases they do not exist - still searching...

I don't know if this is any help.... but I've been checking daily for a while and picked up a direct return flight (Thai Airways) in August £589 all inc from lastminute.com (via skyscanner) 2 days ago.

Prices do change regularly.. but you will be hard pressed to find a cheap one this close. I sometimes find selecting inbound/outbound on odd days gets a good price. My flight, for example, departs on a Thursday and returns Sunday. Most would either leave late Friday, early Saturday, and return on the Saturday over the Sunday (I assume).

Edited by jojo90

Bite the bullet and pay £5-600 less than your £1250 by using an indirect carrier.

Unless you're minted for the life of me I couldn't anyone who pays that much extra on a "short trip flyer"

Even at a low exchange rate 30,000 baht extra buys a lot of coolies and girls......

Finally booked on Thai Airways 30.7 - 24.8 - £900 - this is the only opportunity I will get to go between now and December - so it was do or die.

The choice was stay in London whilst the kids are away with the ex-wife or go to Pattaya - hmmm decisions decisions!

I hear what people are saying about indirect flights but I looked at the flight times and to save a couple of hundred pounds was just not worth it - especially on the flight back.

One tip that I have and this may be coincidence - direct flight prices seem to get cheaper from Thursday to Saturday/Sunday - on the search engines - but this is for late bookings only - I may or may not be right but I have been scanning these sites for 10 days straight.

Anybody knows why the tickets to los from london is so expensive now? when the price will going down on tickets?