IGNORED

Lamai hotels

need a little help in deciding on what hotel to stay at...im traveling with family so i need a hotel in the range of 1500-2000B. basically what im looking for is a hotel which is a 10 mins max walk away from the night life so at night me and my brother can go out n have fun while rest of the family stay in their rooms. Doesnt need to be girlfriendly as wont be bringing anyone back. Any thoughts? im currently looking at samaya bura hotel..any feedback on that?

thanks alot!

need a little help in deciding on what hotel to stay at...im traveling with family so i need a hotel in the range of 1500-2000B. basically what im looking for is a hotel which is a 10 mins max walk away from the night life so at night me and my brother can go out n have fun while rest of the family stay in their rooms. Doesnt need to be girlfriendly as wont be bringing anyone back. Any thoughts? im currently looking at samaya bura hotel..any feedback on that?

thanks alot!

I like Lamai Inn 99. Fits the bill. Not at all luxurious, but right on the sand. Good bar 'Chillin' next door. 200 yds to Beer Bars and main drag. Pool rooms are newer and better, but beach rooms are on the beach. Get one of each so you can hang on the beach veranda. Here's what folks on TA think: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293918-d1101951-Reviews-Lamai_Inn_99-Koh_Samui.html

It's been several years since I was in Lamai . I stayed at the Weekender Resort. Nice place, good central location on the beach

Edited by kash buc

• 5 months later...

See my TR to lamai beach. The perfect hotel and cheap!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• 1 month later...

Could use your help..want to go to Lamai...Anyone ever stayed at Bonny hotel...looks great for regular reviews/cost...is it girlfriendly? No-joiners...anyone out there frequent Lamai Beach Koh Samui???

• 3 weeks later...

Could use your help..want to go to Lamai...Anyone ever stayed at Bonny Hotel...looks great for regular reviews/cost...is it girlfriendly? No-joiners...anyone out there frequent Lamai Beach Koh Samui???

I stayed here in 2008, I remember there was a sign at reception with a price list of joiner-fees, It said lady 300 baht, 2 ladies 500 baht, ladyboy 600 baht and dog 1000 baht !

I took bar girls home every night, and was never asked to pay an extra penny, sometimes i would try and sneak them past reception in case they were keeping a note of my guests to give me a huge bill before checking out .. I remember I was a nervous wreck on check-out day, but I needn't have worried.

The hotel itself is excellent value for its price, a small balcony, comfortable bed and very clean .. almost accross the road from the main bar-beer complex and in a quiet soi away from the traffic. Also very close to the beach.

The only down-side was the noisy nightclub nearby, I stay out late every night anyway, so not too big a problem .. and it could be closed down by now anyway.

I want to stay there again later this year, and I was searching this site to make sure their policy on joiner fees hadn't changed .. anyone stayed there more recently ?

WISH they understand how many monger customers they loose. hotels and guesthouses..should just charge upfront..what they want so we don't need to worry about it..otherwise feels like a scam and makes me uncompfortable too.

• 3 weeks later...

stayed at amarina residence for under 1000 baht in july 11.

all very nice, only problem was tiny plunge pool in middle of reception.

quirky but bizarre.

very friendly/helpfull staff and owner thouroughly recommended and no1 b+b on trip advisor for area .