IGNORED

Download Software

Braveheart

Anybody know where I can get a decent download accelerator? The one I was using on a trial version was crap and my free license expired a couple days ago. I can't even remember the name of it.

Oh i see the difference now between the "paid" for version and the free version.

Never actually used accelerator's before, do they really make a difference? do they work with torrents and stuff?

I'm not certain if it works with the torrent downloaders or not. I am using Azureus and it seem to have increaseed my download rates tremendously but I may have more/better seeds than I had a while ago as well as I never checked what I had before the install.

might stick it on at home, see if it will boost my 10mb connection!

I normally don't have too many problems at home unless everone is on computers at once.

We have a home network running of a cable connection and the most we normally have is 2 PCs and 1 laptop. Occasionally we run a couple of extra laptops but not very often.

personally i use it only when browsing filth sites such as when you have 15 downloadable videos on a page you can right click and select "download all with dap" mine is set to get videos only.

Also i use neodownloader to download everything off a site.. like thai-pix,com i got 5000 pictures of that without browsing. Just a thought.

Thanks for that i had one before but it didnt seem to work. It beats capturing it with a screen grabber.

I have a convertor for that sorf of flash file... sorted.

anyone here used HIdownload before? I have it and its meant to catch a stream but it dont.

If i want to capture things i use a program called Webcam Recorder, records everything it see's in AVI format

If i want to capture things i use a program called Webcam Recorder, records everything it see's in AVI format

i've been using winTV to capture video off my mates cam recorder but i'm having trouble finding the right codec to record it to. I have been using divx- low motion. Can you recommend any codec's for the type of material i am recording?

I just downloaded the newest K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, has all codecs you can think of!

I've been using the Cole2K codecs and haven't run into anything it doesn't have yet.

I was talking about which codec to select to write my videos? I guess it depends on the video source. I have all the codecs already for viewing purposes however i find vlc player the number one... its so useful to be able to play files that havent fully downloaded or play cue files straight off without using daemon tools to make it a virtual drive.

• 3 weeks later...

For a download accelerator try www.gigaget.com. When i used a windows computer i always had this program running, i could find a web page with over 100 images and gigaget would patiently download the lot and continue even after i had shut down the computer for a few days. Plus its 100% free

I'm not certain if it works with the torrent downloaders or not. I am using Azureus and it seem to have increaseed my download rates tremendously but I may have more/better seeds than I had a while ago as well as I never checked what I had before the install.

Braveheart , I found Azerues to resource hungry I use Utorrent I find it miles better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...