IGNORED

Ploy Guest House - Kanchanaburi

PLOY GUEST HOUSE – KANCHANABURI

Decided on a last minute trip to Kanchanaburi. Ploy guest house was the only place I could find with room on short notice.

This is a unique place- It's described as authentic Thai. I'm not sure what that means. The Gik said it was romantic.

The hotel is located right on the river. Three public balcony areas overlooking the river. Right on the rivers edge is one of those endless swimming pools that is supposed to blend into the river.

Getting from the parking lot to the check in desk is a winding path through the gardens and past the rooms.

The room is unusual in that the bed is elevated on a platform, about two feet up. I'm a little concerned about waking up in the middle of the night and falling two feet.

The shower and toilet are outside which could be kind of fun with the right girl. (the shower, not the toilet) Although in rainy season, I'm not sure how well that works out.

There is male thai staff all over the place doing what young Thai males do (nothing). They claim to not understand English and seem really offend if you ask them to do something. There is a young girl in the office who speaks good English, but is distracted by her young child. She seems to have responsibility for keeping the place running with a group of unmotivated thai men. But, they get it done. Adding to the unique nature of this place. The rooms are cleaned by men.

The place seems clean and well maintained. If your heading out this way I recommend it.

Rates are 1000 & 800 with a 200 baht discount for booking on line or staying more then three days.

http://www.ploygh.com

100_0526.JPG

100_0529.JPG

100_0530.JPG

100_0706.JPG

100_0709.JPG

Edited by CheapCharlie