IGNORED

xmas dinner

ON xmas day i would like to have a nice xmas dinner in some nice restaurant

Has anybody got a good idea where and a number so i can get my thail girlfreind to book it so i will not be dissapointed

Depending on budget, a couple of restaurant's come to mind:

Cafe New Orleans

Royal Cliff

Marriott

Also, I understand Casa Pascal is very nice but I've never eaten there.

Cherrys

Third Rd

No booking for Xmas, no eat here, it is very good and popular

Edited by panasar

Shenannigans.

Excellent, a little pricy, but great ex-pat atmosphere.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

all xmas dinners in pats are a rip of, its the normal 225 baht roast dinner with dried up turkey, and a bit of pudding, i ate them a few times, now i prefer to have a normal meal, ie gammon and chips, most places charge 750 baht upwards for xmas dinner and its usually rubish, just my opinion but a honest one.

I am sorry to piss on your Yule Log but I have been ignoring Xmas in Asia for almost 20 years....If you go to a farang bar you become an actor in a rather stale play.

Xmas to me is waking up, sharing the enjoyment of children, followed by a glass of something before preparing the dinner......Never a good cook I have always taken my place in the kitchen peeling spuds or parsnips...giving unqualified advice on how long the turkey should be cooked on each side and generally making a nuisance of myself..

Turning up in a restuarent and having inadequte portions plonked in front of me by somebody in a paper hat that has no idea about what is happenning is just toooo depressing for words...I mean...can you pop back in the kitchen every couple of minutes for a mouthfull of cold sprouts??? Can you fuck!!!...

I cannot possibly be in LOS over the dreaded christmas period.I only wish.To get away from the obscene consumerism and false bullshit that goes with the whole painful experience would be heaven.The last thing I would look for in LOS is anything to do with christmas.Pool,sun,beer and fuck all to do with christmas.Why travel thousands of miles to experience the same shit as home.

I always enjoy my Christmasses (sic) abroad having worked overseas most of my life. It's a community time of ex-pats gathering together in the type of cultural groups that non-white minorities seem to effortlessly achieve for all of the year.

For the last few years I have hosted a party at my place in Patts for friends and neighbours with a traditional brit Xmas lunch and loads of drinks followed by partying in my local thai bar where the owner plays my cheezy xmas pop cd and my 'Carols from Kings' cd. He always decorates the place with loads of tinsel and trees so it feels great!

Plus, the hxmas service at te local Anglican church in the morning. Essential for the xmas spirit whatever your beliefs.

I've also done the going-out-for-lunch thing and that is also fun if you choose a good ex-pat pub where the homesick will be celebrating for all they are worth.

New Year is great. I always spend it at my old gf's village with her wonderful family and it is just as a new year should be: drinks, food, fighting, rows, dancing, old people, teenagers love, kindness and buckets and buckets of fun.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

• 2 months later...

So any of you guys got an update for a good cheap Xmas meal ?

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

So any of you guys got an update for a good cheap Xmas meal ?

try gregs kitchen.....................................1200 bht!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Chokdee:

try gregs kitchen.....................................1200 bht!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

1200 baht does the Turkey give you a BJ before they cook it :D , 1200 baht is a joke but then again so is most of the prices at Gregs :D

Edited by JASONTHAI

"Ryan's Irish Bar" (Formerly klaps Mhule) in Naklua is putting on a free Xmas lunch (Dinner).

You have to go see Gary and book it with a 500 baht deposit. This goes towards drinks.

I will be there Melly Xmas!

Cheers

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

"Ryan's Irish Bar" (Formerly klaps Mhule) in Naklua is putting on a free Xmas lunch (Dinner).

You have to go see Gary and book it with a 500 baht deposit. This goes towards drinks.

I will be there Melly Xmas!

Cheers

Bush Pig is Gary aka (Capt sen ?) he does not work there anymore, also I need a place where I can take my little one aswell

Bush Pig is Gary aka (Capt sen ?) he does not work there anymore, also I need a place where I can take my little one aswell

Hi Jason. No it is not the same Gary although they now each other.

You would have no issues with the dirt magnet.

Pop in and speak with Gary & check.

Cheers

when did klaps muhle change name/owner im sure it was still klaps muhle last night when i drove past...

You would have seen the old sign that is being changed as we chat.

The name change was a couple of days ago.

Same owner Gary.

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

Hi Jason. No it is not the same Gary although they now each other.

You would have no issues with the dirt magnet.

Pop in and speak with Gary & check.

Cheers

I cant M8 as I do not arrive until 9pm Xmas eve, and have a lot of running around to do, could you please find out for me Bush Pig, as I am staying in Nakula (Soi roy rang) which is not fair from the bar.

Cheers

I cant M8 as I do not arrive until 9pm Xmas eve, and have a lot of running around to do, could you please find out for me Bush Pig, as I am staying in Nakula (Soi roy rang) which is not fair from the bar.

Cheers

Sure M8 I will put you down. PM me and I will give you Gary's email

Cheers