IGNORED

New air conditioner

chris2004

I need a new air conditioner for my bedroom @ 26 sq m which i think needs an 18,000 BTU unit.

But what to buy and where. Buying any other item TV, Phone etc you can get reviews on the various models and decide which is best and what is a good price but with ACs there seems to be no comparable information. Prices range from 22,000 baht to 35,000 +. Do you buy an LG/Samsung/Mitsubishi? Inverter or non inverter? and where from is Big C OK or Numchai ?

Anyone have any recommendation for a good AC and where to buy (or not buy).

I need a new air conditioner for my bedroom @ 26 sq m which i think needs an 18,000 BTU unit.

But what to buy and where. Buying any other item TV, Phone etc you can get reviews on the various models and decide which is best and what is a good price but with ACs there seems to be no comparable information. Prices range from 22,000 baht to 35,000 +. Do you buy an LG/Samsung/Mitsubishi? Inverter or non inverter? and where from is Big C OK or Numchai ?

Bahtsold.

How do you write, create?" You don't, I told them. You don't try. That's very important: not to try, either for Cadillacs, creation or immortality. You wait, and if nothing happens, you wait some more. It's like a bug high on the wall. You wait for it to come to you. When it gets close enough you reach out, slap out and kill it. Or if you like its looks you make a pet out of it."

Charles Bukowski. Bukowski.jpg

Best prices i saw for the moment at Home Works (beside Big C Sukhumvit Rd) as they have the prices installation included ....howevher by asking about they mension an extra 500 bath for the compressor installment ..... Thai Logic :D , i think 12000 btu should be enough ,unles full sun on your windows..)Airco BTU berekening condo.pdf

Small translation from the PDF

calculation for a room 60 m2 en 2.3 m hoog

cooling capacity in BTU British terminal units

1 watt is equal to 3.4121 Btu.

1* 60 m2 x2.3 height= 138m3

2* 138 m3 x 34.121 Btu =4708 watt

3* simplification Btu =3.4 of 34 between 30 en 40

4* ivm doors and windows present keep highest value

5* resume 138 m3 x 40 BTu = 5520 watt

5520 watt aan werkelijke waarde BTu 3.4121 = 18834.792 Btu needed for 60 m², so for yours half , and iff taken 12000 BTU reserve enough

Edited by david555

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Num chai has the best service . Bought several ac's from them already never any problem .

Last week bought a new LG inverter 13000 btu unit from them , which is enough for a 26m2 room ,

for 19.900 bht including installation .

Had a look at home pro today for some stuff and saw the same unit being sold for 27.900 bht .

Num chai has the best service . Bought several ac's from them already never any problem .

Last week bought a new LG inverter 13000 btu unit from them , which is enough for a 26m2 room ,

for 19.900 bht including installation .

Had a look at home pro today for some stuff and saw the same unit being sold for 27.900 bht .

[/quote

HomeWorks priced Panasonic 13000 btu (aprox) for 16000 Bath install. included exept as told up 500 bath for the compressor installment, do not know difference between invertor /non inverter (newbie for AC :unsure:

HomeWorks priced Panasonic 13000 btu (aprox) for 16000 Bath install. included exept as told up 500 bath for the compressor installment, do not know difference between invertor /non inverter (newbie for AC :unsure:

When you're sleeping in the same room an inverter is the right choice as it is only 19 db . Normal aircon is 30/35 db .

First thing i do when buying a new house or condo is changing the "loud" aircon in the bedroom for an inverter one .

It also energy saving as the inverter uses a lot less power .

In my last house i had a 500/1000 baht lower energy bill every month after changing the aircon for an inverter one , so

the 4000 baht is worth the extra investment .

Edited by jerry

Thanks for the suggestions i was not sure whether an inverter was worth the extra outlay but for a bedroom it probably is. It's surprising that 12,000 is enough if you go by the sizing charts that most places use they claim that even 18,000 is barely enough.

Thanks for the suggestions i was not sure whether an inverter was worth the extra outlay but for a bedroom it probably is. It's surprising that 12,000 is enough if you go by the sizing charts that most places use they claim that even 18,000 is barely enough.

i know too , isee the maps , they use, only mensioning the m² not the height from the room too, and do not forget in a bar they also like to sell you 6 beers in place then 3

[/quote

My link for Airco FAQ

I would have thought 15,000BTU enough for a 26 SqM room unless you like it really cool. As far as I understand it an inverter system can run constantly and produce varying amounts of cooling whereas a conventional system the compressor is either on or off.

Hello chris2004, I used ARC on sukumvit, I had three 18,000 btu Daikin with inverter installed. The did the an excellent job, fast and very neat and clean looking istallation. By the way it was 18,000 btu for 48 sq. mtr studios. So for a 26 sq. mtr. I would think that you could use a 12,000 btu with no problem. I paid 33,000 baht for each that included installation. Probably not the cheapest, but I will use them again without question. Take care, Beachroadlover. I just might add it was 2008 when the installation was done.