IGNORED

How long is the waiting time for visitors Visa

rickyt

Hi everyone.

I am just enquireing,has anyone had a visitors visa to Australia approved recently? I am wondering how long they have been taking to be approved?I will be applying for my Thai girlfriends second visitors visa,she had her 1st visa approved within a week in feb 2011.

I have been reading on the department of immigration website that the proccessing time standards for sponsered visitors is 1.5 months. I am comming back to Thailand for about 1 month in sep 2011. My plan is to appply for a visitors visa when im there, and hopeing that my girl can come back to Aus with me.She is currently living with her family in Loei, i have been supporting her since she left Aus in may 2011.

Any help with this will be much appreciated thanks in advance Rickyt

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

My latest tourist application for my client to Australia was submitted on 28 June 2011 and the date stamped at the Receipt was 6th July 2011. This was her first application for visa as she has never been to any foreign country. The Visa was granted on 5th July 2011 and notification for collection of Passport was made on 6th July 2011. I asked my client and she said the Australian Embassy never rang her up. If you calculate the working days, it took 4 working days to grant the visa and you can collect it on the 5th working day.

If your GF had got her tourist visa once and came back, I don't see how her 2nd visa application couldn't be finished within a week. So look at the Receipt and if the notification is given to your GF on or before the date stamped there, your GF should have the visa granted to her. I think it's very likely that your GF will get her visa. Good luck !

but, if 6 mths. she may need a medical/ x-ray. Check immi.gov for the info.

My latest tourist application for my client to Australia was submitted on 28 June 2011 and the date stamped at the Receipt was 6th July 2011. This was her first application for visa as she has never been to any foreign country. The Visa was granted on 5th July 2011 and notification for collection of Passport was made on 6th July 2011. I asked my client and she said the Australian Embassy never rang her up. If you calculate the working days, it took 4 working days to grant the visa and you can collect it on the 5th working day.

If your GF had got her tourist visa once and came back, I don't see how her 2nd visa application couldn't be finished within a week. So look at the Receipt and if the notification is given to your GF on or before the date stamped there, your GF should have the visa granted to her. I think it's very likely that your GF will get her visa. Good luck !

Thanks superconsult

Great to hear that the proccess can still be done quickly :001_Thank_You5:

Edited by rickyt

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

but, if 6 mths. she may need a medical/ x-ray. Check immi.gov for the info.

Thanks Goanna

I know the embassy issues 3months 6months and 12months visitors visas,but i have been having a bit of trouble finding information on the 6month visa. Do you or anyone else know what the conditions are?

All the visa's i know of are the

Tourist visa: valid for 3mths,

Student visa: valid for12mths,

& the Fiancée visa: valid for12mths but have to be married within 9mths.

PM Bm "Scumbag" he's an expert in this department. He help me with a Tourist visa for my GF a few years back. Good luck bro :Grin3: