IGNORED

Moto-Taxi

kpdxxx

Does anybody know the official price for the motobike taxis. We all know they are a bunch of scammer at best, but I just cannot seem to get any consistency. I've paid 30 baht for some journeys that I have been charged 60 for other times. Sometimes you argue and they sheepishly give in; other times they look like you are trying to rape their first born.

There is an official tariff for the baht bus. Is there one for the motobike taxis?

well you kinda answered your own question.. it all depends on who you ask and what you negotiate. i found most places within the 2nd road to beach road, Walking Street to soi 1 area is 40 baht.. maybe up to soi diana as well. anything after that the price goes up.. 3rd road and sukhumvit your looking at 80 baht.. but everything is negotiable..

baht bus 10 baht on the strip only...

Edited by joltme1313

I've only used one to go a long way. From about 3km down on Jomtien beachroad to Pattaya Soi Diamond I think it was, that cost me 100 baht (negotiated by a tg so hopefully a fair price).

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

It all depends on who you ask and what you negotiate.

Last month I paid 40 baht from Royal Garden to Jomtien soi 5 (good price) :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by benny31

It also depends on where you pick them up, they pay a lot more for their Jackets for a station by Walking Street or Central Festival than say for a station on LK Metro. Some who cannot afford to buy their Jackets may also be renting them.

I find them on the whole a good bunch of lads and knowing them and being civil can often be make good sense. I rarely ask how much merely pay a fair price, round town that is generally 40 baht, the lads I know are always helpful and the really local ones which we use often, I will drop off a bottle of Laokao to occasionally. They are better friends than enemies that for sure.