IGNORED

good flight deals

nisoptimum

Some good deals on offer on flights to LOS from Qatar Airways,just booked for November £480,only 2 hour stopovers in Doha.Flew with them 4 times now and found them to be the best i've gone with,don't know how long the offer is on for but it's £100 cheaper than any other i could get out of Manchester for my dates,

That's a very good price but Doha airport is pretty crap. Only a couple of hours to kill so not all bad.

Edited by eanto

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

That's a very good price but Doha airport is pretty crap. Only a couple of hours to kill so not all bad.

Crap airport?

Just booked 2 flights with Qatar £484 november-£488 august staying one month each time at these prices who gives a f-ck about a 2 hour stopover at any airport?

:001_Thank_You5:

Crap airport?

Just booked 2 flights with Qatar £484 november-£488 august staying one month each time at these prices who gives a f-ck about a 2 hour stopover at any airport?

:001_Thank_You5:

Yes,paid £487 for my flights in May/June from Heathrow excellent they were, Doha Airport behind the times

having to be bused every time between planes and terminals, but with only 1hr/15min stop-0ver

on way out and only 40min stop-over on return it was bearable.

Yes,paid £487 for my flights in May/June from Heathrow excellent they were, Doha Airport behind the times

having to be bused every time between planes and terminals, but with only 1hr/15min stop-0ver

on way out and only 40min stop-over on return it was bearable.

Doha is hardly behind the times and are completing a brand new terminal shortly.

How can anyone describe a stopover of 1 hour 15 minutes as bearable, let alone 40 mins......!!

Would you have preferred the limo service to the steps perhaps ??

Actually Rainsberger you posted on another forum that Qatar was crap if I remember correctly on that flight, not excellent ??

Still you boys have problems getting down the Laira Narrows........

Actually Rainsberger you posted on another forum that Qatar was crap if I remember correctly on that flight, not excellent ??

Still you boys have problems getting down the Laira Narrows........

Ok. chivas you are correct but i did not say they were crap as you put it, 3 of the 4 flights were first class

only the last leg Doha to Heathrow i described as not that good, with NO on ground air conditioning on board

and 4 hours with No entertainment whilst the grew tried to fix it which they did in the end.

I also said i would have No trouble in flying with Qatar Airways again in the future, and by the way i live

just off the Laira Narrows and NO i do not have any problems getting down the Narrows.

Ok. chivas you are correct but i did not say they were crap as you put it, 3 of the 4 flights were first class

only the last leg Doha to Heathrow i described as not that good, with NO on ground air conditioning on board

and 4 hours with No entertainment whilst the grew tried to fix it which they did in the end.

I also said i would have No trouble in flying with Qatar Airways again in the future, and by the way i live

just off the Laira Narrows and NO i do not have any problems getting down the Narrows.

Tongue in Cheek !! Always read your airline comments.

I know you live just off the narrows !! I know you and you likewise !! Live about half mile from you.

Don't put my name up !!

I have flown Qatar a couple of times previously and found inflight service to be good or at least on a par with other airlines from the region.

Luckily I only have a 65 minute layover going out and 2.75 hours inbound. Having previously having had an 18 hour stopover in Doha ( hotel provided )I found the worst part about the airport to be the lack of European style toilets ( this may have changed ).

Also if you get bumped off a flight due to their habit of seriously overbooking on popular routes on the inbound leg then you will have to really challenge their customer service to be put on the next available flight (as per their legal obligations )regardless of airline or booking class. All you are likely to receive are some crappy worthless vouchers as compensation as the flight did not originate in the EU or by an EU airline. It is the DOH-MAN and DOH-LHR leg that gets overbooked from my experience. For this reason they are not my airline of choice and only the savings achieved compared with Emirates etc swung my decision to fly with them again.

I am looking to come from London on the 14/09 return on the 7/10 have been given a price of £474.00 by Etihad thats with a stop over for about 1/12 hours. Seems a good price to me. Direct flights want about £600.00

Dave

Iv been looking for flights in October and the cheapest I can find is also with quatar out of Manchester (£480) however the total travel time will be 22 hours! (overnight stop over)

Bollocks to that

Posted Image

Iv been looking for flights in October and the cheapest I can find is also with quatar out of Manchester (£480) however the total travel time will be 22 hours! (overnight stop over)

Bollocks to that

Play about with your dates if you can will get the 2 hour stop over if you are flexible

Play about with your dates if you can will get the 2 hour stop over if you are flexible

That's the thing I'm not flexible mate, only get that time of from work.

It's looking like I will have to pay more but hey ho

Posted Image

Travel down to Heathrow and get a plane from there,.......maybe cheaper?

Good to hear you can still get flights for under £500. I have paid £565 with Emirates for end of October.

Thai airways has some decent deals for this summer for about 600£ return and non-stop. I think it's a great deal guys!

Good to hear you can still get flights for under £500. I have paid £565 with Emirates for end of October.

Will £537 out of Manchester be the best I will get for the same time??

Is it likely to fluctuate from now until then in my favour?

Posted Image

Will £537 out of Manchester be the best I will get for the same time??

Is it likely to fluctuate from now until then in my favour?

I think £537 is a great price and I would snap it up. I fly from Manchester or Birmingham and usually find Birmingham a bit cheaper. My flight was booked back in May and it departs at 1415 which has a really good arrival time of 1225. Whenever I have looked since there has only been the evening flight but the prices have stayed about the same, just checked now and it's £570.

Maybe see you out there bud. :D

I think £537 is a great price and I would snap it up. I fly from Manchester or Birmingham and usually find Birmingham a bit cheaper. My flight was booked back in May and it departs at 1415 which has a really good arrival time of 1225. Whenever I have looked since there has only been the evening flight but the prices have stayed about the same, just checked now and it's £570.

Maybe see you out there bud. :D

With Etihad going 2 x daily ex Manchester from 1st August the likes of Qatar/Emirates/Etihad will have 5000 daily seats to sell ! Qatar were the first to break the 'gravy train' from Manchester with sub £500 tickets and i expect Etihad will follow suit. Been flying from Manchester for many years and i only book 8 weeks before departure and usually get sub £500 tickets with the exception of school holidays/Xmas.

I have flown Qatar a couple of times previously and found inflight service to be good or at least on a par with other airlines from the region.

Luckily I only have a 65 minute layover going out and 2.75 hours inbound. Having previously having had an 18 hour stopover in Doha ( hotel provided )I found the worst part about the airport to be the lack of European style toilets ( this may have changed ).

Also if you get bumped off a flight due to their habit of seriously overbooking on popular routes on the inbound leg then you will have to really challenge their customer service to be put on the next available flight (as per their legal obligations )regardless of airline or booking class. All you are likely to receive are some crappy worthless vouchers as compensation as the flight did not originate in the EU or by an EU airline. It is the DOH-MAN and DOH-LHR leg that gets overbooked from my experience. For this reason they are not my airline of choice and only the savings achieved compared with Emirates etc swung my decision to fly with them again.

All airlines overbook to a maximum of 10% in all classes to allow for no shows.

Up to year 2000 one of my brothers worked for BA which entitled me to standby flights-as he was staff he could get into reservation system which allowed a maximum of 32 seats oversold in economy.

Many many times I turned up for standby at 32 oversold but only twice in 50 odd times did I not get on because of the level of no shows.

I have booked to fly out from London on the 15/9/ return on the 7/10. I have booked with Etihad I was trying to get the Evening flight back which I could not get. So I decided to book via Netflight they where ofering me the dates I wanted. for £474.00 when I went to book the Price went up to £560.00. I did not BOOK.. I book with Southall Travel same flights £470.00. Has any one else had problems with neflights.

Dave

I have booked to fly out from London on the 15/9/ return on the 7/10. I have booked with Etihad I was trying to get the Evening flight back which I could not get. So I decided to book via Netflight they where ofering me the dates I wanted. for £474.00 when I went to book the Price went up to £560.00. I did not BOOK.. I book with Southall Travel same flights £470.00. Has any one else had problems with neflights.

You've got to remember you're in a live amadeus reservation system updated in real time.In economy you've typically got 6 classes of tickets all priced differently and in this case on netflights someone grabbed their last lower priced ticket that you were after and completed the booking prior to you.Its quite common to go onto another site and then get a lower price as well.

Southall Travel are efficient IMHO.