Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Some Thai Phrase

Garbage

Can someone tell me what does this phrase means?

"Ba bor kor thet"

Something like this..

Thank you..

It's so hard to tell without hearing them or seeing it in Thai script, or even having any context for it. here's my best guess with the very limited information you have provided "Crazy, sorry" Baa Baa Boo Boo means crazy and Khor thoot means sorry. I could be anything though really.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

It's not kor thode... I only know it's a "bad word"..

Ba bor / bpor ko thet

Only thing I can think of is "Thet" or Tate" means clit and is frequently used in a vulgar manner to insult someone.

So this phrase could be an insult like - you crazy clit. However I don't know how the kor fits in.

Only thing I can think of is "Thet" or Tate" means clit and is frequently used in a vulgar manner to insult someone.

So this phrase could be an insult like - you crazy clit. However I don't know how the kor fits in.

Yah, it sounds like (แตด) dtaaet...

I think there should be another word in the middle there - ชอบ

Making it Bar ber chop quar tet

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

I checked with my Thai girls already, it's actually บ้าบอคอแตก (baa baaw khaaw dtaaek) which means very crazy.. (The khaaw dtaaek basically means broken neck)

Thanks guys.

I always avoid trying to answer translation requests as my Thai is still at too early a stage to add anything useful. As you have now received an answer that you are happy with, I will throw in a semi serious contribution.

My girl speaks Thai with a very Surin accent, which does confuse me at times, one of the words she uses can be transcribed as baa meaning bpai which is of course the word for the verb go

2nd word bor can be the thai word for seat cushion

kor = I would like

thet well that could be แทะ tai ( r ) (as in tear a piece of paper but not pronouncing the r and the vowel short) meaning nibble or gnaw on

So putting this all together "Let's go over to the seat (or cushion) I'd like a nibble"

Sorry this is a very tongue in cheek reply stretching things to limits. But it does show how out of context phrases written in roman script can be interpreted in a range of different ways.

Oh it is fun, isn't it?

Edited by OleKingCole

But...what do I know?

- Voltaire

Sorry. But i dont think thats any where near it. But yes, the different dialects will most def. Muddy the waters. As well as the poster might have missed a word or to along the way.

Sorry. But i dont think thats any where near it. But yes, the different dialects will most def. Muddy the waters. As well as the poster might have missed a word or to along the way.

No it wasn't really meant to be a serious suggestion, just showing how imprecise transcriptions etc can lead to a wide variety of meanings. also attempting to be humorous. And obviously failing....

But...what do I know?

- Voltaire

No it wasn't really meant to be a serious suggestion, just showing how imprecise transcriptions etc can lead to a wide variety of meanings. also attempting to be humorous. And obviously failing....

I'll have to admit that I didn't read your post fully, I now see..... So even though I still not laughing my ass of while roling on the floor, I'd say you didn't fail :GoldenSmile1:

I enjoyed your contribution :Number1a:

OPEN

Same same CLOSED but different

But your barber shop quartet was a little funnier.

That was meant to be the serious contribution ;-)

But...what do I know?

- Voltaire

I learned Thai when I was living for several years down the Deep South and whenever I went up to Bangkok and spoke Thai with people there they'd break up with laughter and call their friends to come listen. Without being aware of it I had acquired a Southern accent and dialect. I suppose it would be similar to a Thai going to live in Glasgow or Liverpool and learning English there and picking up the accent.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's so hard to tell without hearing them or seeing it in Thai script, or even having any context for it. here's my best guess with the very limited information you have provided "Crazy, sorry" Baa Baa Boo Boo means crazy and Khor thoot means sorry. I could be anything though really.

I think the OP is saying "crazy enough (poo_^) sorry!

But need to see the Thai script to be sure. Easy to mispell Thai phoenically.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

Khao huu sai ta luu huu qua = In one ear and out the other

That's .. in the right ear ... out the left ear?

no .. in the left .. out the right ..

Remind me not to ask you for directions :D

But...what do I know?

- Voltaire

• 3 months later...

I'll ask here my question here instead of starting another thread. Does anyone know what Kiniyow means? it was used in context of...'I think my sister is Kiniyow'...I tink it might mean 'cheapskate' or 'Miser' maybe.

I'll ask here my question here instead of starting another thread. Does anyone know what Kiniyow means? it was used in context of...'I think my sister is Kiniyow'...I tink it might mean 'cheapskate' or 'Miser' maybe.

ขี้เหนียว kii-niao stingy, mean, tight-fisted

But...what do I know?

- Voltaire