Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

mosaik apartements

aurel

i mosaik apartements mostly occupied by gay people?

i want to rent studio for 1 mounth but i am afraid i am not gay

some information please

I have been staying here for each of my last 6 trips, with my Girlfriend, never had any problems at all, have seen guys with Girls and with other men, would depend on if you are open minded or not, but NO you don't have to be Gay to stay.

Moaik apartments is located in a mostly gay area.

It all depends on, how comfortable you feel with that!

Edited by thaikim

Lots of male massage shops in the area and each time i stopped by to visit a friend staying there, had to walk past Thai men calling out to me offering a massage. If you are comfortable with dealing with that daily then its a great location and higher end rooms and very nice.

This is my first trip to Thailand/Pattaya and did not know where to stay either. I am staying at the Mosaik Apartments right now. I am finding the Masaik Apartments very nice. I have been here for a month and am planing on staying another 2-3. This is definitely NOT a gay only hotel .. I am not gay .. and neither is the guy staying in the room next to me :-)

When they say it is in the main "gay area" of Pattaya do not think it is like staying in Boys Town. There are not gay gogo's and bars everywhere. I am not sure there is even ONE in the area. Mostly French style restaurants around, and there are a few massage places all staffed by men/boys, and you will get the usual "Masssssaaaaaggge Sir" cat call often when you first arrive. A smile and laugh from you will get the same smile and laugh back. After they notice you bringing home women they just smile and wave at you. Now when I am alone and walk by them they all ask if they could massage me for free, since I think they may be bored a lot.

I probably see one or two customer's and clients a day holding hands and walking somewhere.

The area is a bit far for the bargirls to walk but there are 2 motorcycle taxi services right outside my door. Costs about 50bth to get to Mike's Mall or 80bth to get to Soi 6. But, if you want to walk it takes about 15 minutes to get to Second road where you can pick up a Baht bus.

It is also very close (one block) to the Tucom store which has a Starbucks, food court, and a grocery store in the basement.

I have found it convenient to tell the motorcycle taxi's to take me to "Tucom" instead of trying to explain exactly where the hotel is. BUT, you have to pronounce "Tucom" exactly right or they still do not understand .. hahaha .. after a month here I am still unable to do this hahahaha

ONE OF THE BEST THINGS ABOUT THIS hotel IN MY OPINION ... is that they have a series of 11-2 meter statues of penguins in front and near the hotel .... :-) ... they are all dressed in different styles, etc ... but, more than once this has helped me find my drunken ass back home.

It is relatively quite here. No real action at all.

I would recommend this place .... UNLESS (like others have mentioned) for some reason you really do not like homosexual men ... ????.. My brother is homosexual .. so it really doesn't bother me ...

Thanks for the update. I checked out of my apartment a couple of days ago (was getting too noisy) and need to find a new apartment and i do like the Mosaik ad might try it out for a couple of months.

This is my first trip to Thailand/Pattaya and did not know where to stay either. I am staying at the Mosaik Apartments right now. I am finding the Masaik Apartments very nice. I have been here for a month and am planing on staying another 2-3. This is definitely NOT a gay only hotel .. I am not gay .. and neither is the guy staying in the room next to me :-)

BTW, can you tell me what room type you are staying in and for how much?

Cheers

have stayed in mosaik back in 2009. nice apartment and cheap. only drawback is that they charge for the cleaning and towel change. Everything cost extra and can summount to a quite heavy sum at the end. No problem with gay even if when I walk back very late at night.

• 2 months later...

As in any hotel, ask for a non-smoking room if you are a nonsmoker. I forgot to and found out how awful the oder is. Too late to be switching rooms so am burning incense, lit some up last night and the girl for the evening said Budda prayers, pretty cool.

The comment about the charge for clean towels and sheets is correct, however I notice that at the laundry the charge for washing is the same as what Mosaik charges for the change out.

• 4 months later...

Any recent experiences with Mosaik? In another forum I read that there were some problems with burglaries a while ago. :Cry4: