Edited by Buck Rogers

"Bucking and Rogering in the 21st century!"

My house to SYD airport: .5 Hours

Waiting time: 2 Hours

Flight: 10 Hours

Bell Bus Service: 1.5 hours

Walk to Walking: Minutes

TOO Long!!!

Ha Ha but I think you are meant to take the thread title in to account.

5-10 minutes mate. Its a good hotel, im booked in there for august, stayed there couple times before.

Also there have a baht bus thing at hotel for free(maybe a small tip)that will take you to beach road or WS

Edited by OneManWolfpack

5-10 minutes mate. Its a good hotel, im booked in there for august, stayed there couple times before.

Also there have a baht bus thing at hotel for free(maybe a small tip)that will take you to beach road or WS

thanks !!!is so simple the answear but some dudes are ffff::::::::::::::::::!

thanks

thanks !!!is so simple the answear but some dudes are ffff::::::::::::::::::!

thanks

i will be there 11 at 21 august !!!!

Five to 7 minutes to walk from PBR to Beach Road through the Mall and the alley beside Mike's shopping mall. 2 minutes in Baht bus from there.

To walk all the way, which I do all the time, 5-10 minutes. I love it's location, dead center in the middle of town. However, they are transferring to new ownership in the winter....and not sure what that will mean.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I work for the Night Wish group and The Pattaya News in Pattaya, Thailand. I run monthly meetups and bar crawls.. I also run the weekly Newbie Wednesday meetup sessions at Sexy in the City on Soi 6. Sexy in the City is located across from Queen Victoria Inn. 

I stay at the PBR 2-3 times every month and have done since it opened. Great hotel in a really convenient location, with fantastic staff. I'm a little worried about what will change once the sale has gone through although Dr Kim assures me it will be "same same"! I guess I really should find an apartment, so maybe this will spur me on...

To walk all the way, which I do all the time, 5-10 minutes. I love it's location, dead center in the middle of town. However, they are transferring to new ownership in the winter....and not sure what that will mean.

Hey mate

Any idea exactly when they change owners?

Do you know if some rooms are better than others for noise levels outside or thin walls etc.

Hey mate

Any idea exactly when they change owners?

Do you know if some rooms are better than others for noise levels outside or thin walls etc.

I've been told it should go through next month. However, the current management will be handling the handover and will remain in charge for the time being. All the current staff have had their jobs guaranteed.

I've never had a problem with noise, other than what you would expect in any hotel, but the rooms at the ends of the corridors are probably quieter. I doubt you'd be able to choose though, as it's a very popular hotel.

I'm shocked it's for sale. Who has bought it? I was the 2weeks ago and it seemed to ave quite a few people, but not as busy as I had seen it before. Dr Kim was still driving a nice BMW so I guess the place is going ok

I'm shocked it's for sale. Who has bought it? I was the 2weeks ago and it seemed to ave quite a few people, but not as busy as I had seen it before. Dr Kim was still driving a nice BMW so I guess the place is going ok

I think Dr Kim has plans for another Pattaya project but is keeping his cards close to his chest!

• 2 months later...

my answer on a email if anything has changed after new management.

/////

The management by Boutique Mid Tier 2 Limited.

All of our room charges are for 1 - 2 people. If you check in alone and bring one guest back for the night, there is no additional charge. If you have a third person in the room over-night, then there is an additional charge of 500.00 baht per night which covers extra towels, amenity supplies and breakfast the next morning.

////////

Will be interesting to see if the front-desk girls enforce the third person charge.

Other changes since Dr Kim's departure include: tiny cheap soap, no hand towels (unless you ask for them)and the loss of a wall in the carpark! The new manager, Naa, is very much 'in charge' and the staff seem quite scared of her. Auw is still looking cute.

Hey Brewster, any construction near by? I'll be there Oct. 14.

I stayed last week and there was nothing going on that disturbed me! The even-numbered rooms that face the 'jungle' at the back tend to be quieter.

Thanks Brewster for the update. I do like the Avenue side because I like to take my Binoculars with to scope out the talent coming in and out of the mall.

booked for december,keep us informed of any changes new owners make please.

booked for december,keep us informed of any changes new owners make please.

I will be there in October and will report here (been there twice)

Would love to hear if the no joiners fee has been abolished. Would hate to have to pay 500 baht for a third guest

• 3 weeks later...

Been here before (and now) but don't see anything changed in the hospitality and service.

Never tried if they are multiple guest friendly.

Maybe i will try next days.

If so, i will let you now.

I stayed at PBR for 7 nights in ealry October.

The place is very well located. Close to Beach rd. and Walking St.

I usually walked to the venues and then when I got what I wanted headed back via bus or direct bus for 100-200 Baht.

2 grils was never a problem.

I only meet and saw single males. No families which I found good.

The staff are very friendly and helpful.

The rooms are clean and the A/C worked well.

The safe is good.

One thing I did ( Newbie) was to leave the hotel bill on the kitchenette table. The first thing my first lady did was pick up the bill and read it. I assume she was looking at the cost and summing me up.

The second girl did exactly the same thing.

I hid all my bills after this.

My only complaint was that the pool closed at 6.30 pm as the chlorine treatment prevented any swimming until the next morning. It would have been great to come back and have a swim with the ladies, they also wanted to go for a swim. I hope the MGMNT change this.

I have re-booked for Xmas.

The reception was adament that your visitors hand in their ID cards.

When your guests leave they ring you first to make sure everything is OK.

I usually range reception just after the ladies left to make their leaving easier. Just to be polite.