IGNORED

Thailand Election Updates Live

LaaMok

<object ID="VIDEO" classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" type="application/x-oleobject" width="560" height="398">

<param name="URL" value="mms://broadcast.manager.co.th/toc">

<PARAM name="uiMode" value="none">

<PARAM name="autoStart" value="true">

<EMBED ID="VIDEO" SRC="mms://broadcast.manager.co.th/toc" width=560 height=398 autostart=1 type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/" ShowStatusBar=true ShowControls=True showdisplay="False" autorewind="True"></embed>

</object>

thanks but states" required plug in not installed". I assume I need to down load something? anyone able to advise?

thanks but states" required plug in not installed". I assume I need to down load something? anyone able to advise?

Pheu Thai / Yingluck have won. Not much point now

click on, "click here to download"

any updates on the elections and how the people are reacting on the votes?? I just hope there won't be any big protests after this election.

its all over Redshirts landslide victory

any updates on the elections and how the people are reacting on the votes?? I just hope there won't be any big protests after this election.

me as im going to take Soi 6 by storm tomorrow :GoldenSmile1:

Exit Poll: Pheu Thai wins, Thaksin seeks coalition

The Pheu Thai Party will not form a single-party government even if it has enough votes but will invite other parties to join in a coalition, fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra said in an interview with Thai television stations from Dubai on Sunday.

He said if Pheu Thai was victorious, as all exit polls were projecting, his youngest sister Yingluck Shinawatra would certainly be prime minister.

"What is more exciting is that the voter turnout is high, showing that the Thai people want to see democracy and national reconciliation," Thaksin said.

He believed talks between parties to form a government had begun, pending official results of the election.

His advice was for Pheu Thai to first concentrate on national reconciliation, and then on the economy and good governance in the bureaucracy.

Thaksin admitted he wanted to return to Thailand as soon as possible, but said everything must be appropriate.

He did not want to be a problem, but part of the solution process.

Thaksin said as a father he wished to attend the wedding of his daughter, Pinthongta Shinawatra, in December, but if he could not do so his daughter could visit him instead.

On the amnesty issue, Thaksin said the matter should be handled by the Truth for Reconciliation Committee chaired by Kanit na Nakorn.

"The people's decision must be respected, otherwise happiness will never return to the country," he said.

Pheu Thai's top party list candidate Yingluck said Thaksin called to congratulate her after the results of the exit polls were released.

"Thanks to the people for voting for Pheu Thai and I am excited by the results of exit polls.

"Khun Thaksin just called to congratulate me and give me his morale support. He said a lot of hard work still lies ahead," Ms Yingluck told supporters who turned up in large numbers at the party headquarters this afternoon.

The Suan Dusit exit poll showed that Pheu Thai was the clear winner in Sunday's general election, beating the Democrat Party by a landslide.

The result of the exit poll was revealed immediately after 3pm, when voting closed.

Suan Dusit staff were in all 375 constituencies nationwide, collecting a total of 157,759 samples between 8am and 2pm, the pollster said.

In the constituency system, the Pheu Thai Party was likely to win 247 MP seats, followed by Democrats with 107 MPs, Bhumjaithai 9, Chartthaipattana 8, and Palang Chon 4.

In the party list system, Pheu Thai Party was projected to emerge with 66 MPs, the Democrats with 45, Bhumjaithai 4, Rak Prathetthai 3, Chartthaipattana 2, Chart Pattana Puea Pandin 2, Palang Chon 1, Rak Santi 1, and Matubhum 1.

In total, the Pheu Thai Party looked likely to get 313 House seats, the Democrats 152, Bhumjaithai 13, Chartthaipattana 10, Palang Chon 5, Rak Prathetthai 3, Chart Pattana Puea Pandin 2, Rak Santi 1 and Matubhum 1.

Pheu Thai appeared to have 28 seats in Bangkok, 54 in the Central region, 49 in the North, and 116 in the Northeast.

The Democrats appeared to have 5 seats in Bangkok, 30 in the Central area, 18 in the North, 1 in the Northeast and 53 in the South.

As for the Assumption University exit poll, it also reveals that Pheu Thai has won most votes in the election, winning as many as 299 House seats.

Abac Poll reported that Pheu Thai won 65 list MP seats and 234 constituency MP seats, while the ruling Democrat Party got 40 list MPs and 92 constituency MPs.

The Election Commission expected the unofficial results to be known by 10pm.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Looks like it is all over.

Abhisit concedes, Yingluck triumphs

Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva conceded the election on Sunday night after unofficial results made it clear the Pheu Thai Party had won an overwhelming victory.

"I would like to thank all Thais who voted for the Democrat Party," the outgoing prime minister said.

He said Pheu Thai's victory was clear from the unofficial election result.

Mr Abhisit said he would like to congratulate Pheu Thai's top party list candidate Yingluck Shinawatra as the next and first female prime minister.

"In the past two years, I have committed myself to overcome the crisis and I would like to thank Thai people for moving the country to the current position.

"I wish Pheu Thai will solve the people's well-being," Mr Abhisit said.

He said the Democrats are ready to be opposition.

On the question of his party leadership, Mr Abhisit said he already had an answer in his mind but would rather wait to see the final figures of election results first.

Later at about 7.50pm, Ms Yingluck gave her address to thank Pheu Thai's supporters.

The Pheu Thai's candidate for prime minister said she would like to thank all the people who voted for her party.

"I would also like to thank Mr Abhisit and other political parties for making the election atmosphere constructive and orderly.

"My party and I will wait for the official election result. We will implement our policies as we've promised and we'll make the country stronger.

"This is an arduous task but we'll have to carry it out. This is the beginning," Ms Yingluck said.

She said Pheu Thai has contacted the Chartthaipattana Party to discuss plans of forming the next coalition government.

"We [Pheu Thai] have talked to Chartthaipattana and I believe other parties will also come over to talk about setting up a government," the youngest sister of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra said.

The Pheu Thai Party will not change the law for the benefit of one person, she added.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

To the uninformed BM (like me!), what is the general thought on how the election results will be accepted?

Are we looking at more political turmoil or does this calm things down (at least for the time being)?

the one worry i think is that there are many scores to be settled after the last 5 years the army for one will not be happy

To the uninformed BM (like me!), what is the general thought on how the election results will be accepted?

Are we looking at more political turmoil or does this calm things down (at least for the time being)?

That my friend really is the $64,000. question!

Let's hope the Thai's who voted Demorcrat can accept this result with dignity & give her a chance, however if anyone cares to read (even just a little bit of) S/E Asian history.....you'll not hold your breath!

BTW, I'll not tell a lie, I'm a Thaskin fan for sure.

Oh yes, I think he was (ever so slightly LoL!) nut's - there's no doubt about that, but a good man at heart?...YES! And in the very murky world of Asian politics - that's so very rare.

Some will have different opinions to that of course - & I say fair enough, I'm not looking for an argument. Just wishing the people a better future, that's all.

Well it was interesting to see how things were done

Banner-final.jpg

The candidates were ready

thai--600x400.jpg

The polling Booth was a bit of a surprise. Like the "Cone of Silence"

thai--1--600x400.jpg

The voters were keen and dedicated...Imagine voting with your feet...it has a different meaning in Thailand

thai--5--600x400.jpg

I think that the counting system could use some computerisation though

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

For a local farang interested in Thai politics for over thirty years, this is the current status:

Unofficial results of Sunday's general election indicated the Pheu Thai Party would win a majority of the 500 House of Representative seats and the mandate to form the next government.

Its top party list candidate Yingluck Shinawatra, youngest sister of Thaksin Shinawatra, is poised to become the country's first female prime minister, although in her news conference yesterday, she did confirm she would become the next government head. She said she would wait for the official results. "I don't want to say that Pheu Thai has won today. The people have given us an opportunity to serve and there will be a lot of duties ahead," she said.

Earlier during the evening, in his brief statement shortly after 7.30pm, Democrat leader Abhisit thanked voters and said signs were good for Thai politics to move ahead. He congratulated Pheu Thai for its election victory but warned that the Democrats would oppose any amnesty attempts for Thaksin.

Yingluck's critics worry she will simply do her brother's bidding -- something she has denied. Before she even gave her victory speech, her brother shared his comments from exile in Dubai. "Well, I would tell them that I really want to go back, but I will wait for the right moment and the right situation," Thaksin told reporters. The Pheu Thai party remains fiercely behind Thaksin and wants him to return. The so-called "Yellow Shirts," a group that formed to oust Thaksin from power, will do whatever they can to stop that from happening.

It remains to be seen if the new Government will be able to initiate policies to control the economy, welfare and education - as mandated in their pre-election manifesto. If not, then the escalation of corruption, rising prices and unrest will surely interest the Army, whose previous political intervention saw off Yingluck’s elder brother. Time will tell but, in the meantime, Thailand holds its breath.

I think there is much to consider for the future, not least being the reintroduction of Thaksi Shinawatra to the Kingdom, by whatever manipulation. An interesting time lies ahead and I genuinely hope the Thais get it right.

Yingluck's critics worry she will simply do her brother's bidding -- something she has denied.

Correct me if I am wrong:

It would not be the first time a Thai Woman surprised someone by following her own line of thought.

Correct me if I am wrong:

It would not be the first time a Thai Woman surprised someone by following her own line of thought.

For sure. In Yingluck's case, she is first and foremost a business woman and not a politician. Her strings are manipulated by others. I think it would be quite extraordinary that she would be allowed the freedom of choice in governing the Kingdom. Time will tell !!