Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Can you connect a PC to a router to get wireless

globex5

I have wireless internet in a shared house and someone else has the modem in their room i have a wireless card in my pc i was wondering if i connected a router to my PC (My PC has access to the wifi)

could i then use the router to connect more devices to the connection and if i can do this will the broadband be very slow i could accept some degradation , i know it means what ever pc i use will have to be left on in order for the connection to work but any other problems i should experience?

yes that should work.

you may have to assign the other device a channel depending on your router.

Ya im going to barrow a router rather than buy one next week to try it out if it works them ill pick one up. I know its a weird situation as normally you'd just have access to the main feed no worries