IGNORED

Man-chow

Chatso

A bargirl I barfined for a few days squeezed my cheek (on my face)and said 'Man-chow' or 'Man-cow' and then made me do it back to her but wouldnt tell me what it meant?

Another time she put on an evil face and said 'i-khorrrrr' but then said 'I joke -hehehe'

She also called me 'mui' which I think means pig?!

Any ideas what they mean? -thanks

A bargirl I barfined for a few days squeezed my cheek (on my face)and said 'Man-chow' or 'Man-cow' and then made me do it back to her but wouldnt tell me what it meant?

Another time she put on an evil face and said 'i-khorrrrr' but then said 'I joke -hehehe'

She also called me 'mui' which I think means pig?!

Any ideas what they mean? -thanks

I am sorry I do not know what is Man-chow but I can confirm you můů (long ů) is really pig. Also (můůháán) is pig barbecue.

Edited by THAJEC

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I think she thought you are very "sweet" or "adorable"

Could it sound like "man-qiew"?

Free today - Pay tomorrow

I reckon she said 'mon kee ow'. Not sure of the literal translation (except kee being shit) but the message is to make fuss (like to make fuss of you). My TG used this expression whenever she saw her baby bro and sis.

means same same as a baby she like's you

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Yeh it did sound like along 'ů' -kinda like 'moooo' so I guess she thought I was a pig that day?!?

I guess it couldve been either 'mon kee ow' or 'man-qiew' so 'sweet' or 'adorable' or 'make a fuss of' sounds quite good! (apart from the shit bit)

just had a look at one of the other posts in this section and 'i-khorrrr' could be 'kaaaa' which I think said something about killing!?

so one day I was a pig another day she wanted to kill me and on another day she thought I was sweet and/or adorable and wanted to make a fuss of me (but not neccessarily in that order)

Thanks for the replys guys :)

means same same as a baby she like's you

Thats good to know! -I had alot of fun with her and I hope to run into her again but I wont be back till next FEB/MAR so you never know whether she'll be 'gone' by that time.

She's a really sweet girl ...but I'm not gonna sponser her or owt like that!

Thanks

Yeh it did sound like along 'ů' -kinda like 'moooo' so I guess she thought I was a pig that day?!?

I guess it couldve been either 'mon kee ow' or 'man-qiew' so 'sweet' or 'adorable' or 'make a fuss of' sounds quite good! (apart from the shit bit)

just had a look at one of the other posts in this section and 'i-khorrrr' could be 'kaaaa' which I think said something about killing!?

so one day I was a pig another day she wanted to kill me and on another day she thought I was sweet and/or adorable and wanted to make a fuss of me (but not neccessarily in that order)

Thanks for the replys guys :)

the word 'shit' is used a lot to describe things. You don't always take things literally in Thai, just understand the message intended. Mon kee ow is a good thing to be said to you. Can't help ya with the other words thou . .

Edited by Crem73

I reckon she said 'mon kee ow'. Not sure of the literal translation (except kee being shit) but the message is to make fuss (like to make fuss of you). My TG used this expression whenever she saw her baby bro and sis.

I think this is it. it's hard to translate literally but 'cute enough to eat' would convey the meaning acurately.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Here it is 'มันเขี้ยว' man khiaw.

the word 'shit' is used a lot to describe things. You don't always take things literally in Thai, just understand the message intended. Mon kee ow is a good thing to be said to you. Can't help ya with the other words thou . .

It isn't part of the same word though that he is referring to. ขี้ doesn't just mean 'shit' it can also be a prefix to a negative quality used to describe somebody who is prone to doing it i.e. ขี้โกง khee kong = cheat, somebody prone to cheating, or ขี้แพ้ khee phaa = loser, somebody prone to losing

Yup, "Man Kiaow"

It has nothing to do with "Kee" - shit though. "Kiaow" is one word here.

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

Yup, "Man Kiaow"

It has nothing to do with "Kee" - shit though. "Kiaow" is one word here.

I think they were just speculating on what it might be.

So overall it sounds as if she was probably saying something good to me ...which is nice to know! :)

Thanks for all the replys

So overall it sounds as if she was probably saying something good to me ...which is nice to know! :)

Thanks for all the replys

Yeah , she just likes your cute little cheeks! :D

I think this is it. it's hard to translate literally but 'cute enough to eat' would convey the meaning acurately.

This is the interpretation i was told it meant also,, by several different sources too over the years

This is the interpretation i was told it meant also,, by several different sources too over the years

Yeah, I've heard khiaw used in reference to fangs, biting and chewing etc. but the translation isn't obvious by any means.

Man kiaow mean same "You are so sweet I want eat you now"! It is same (vaj faj) I am eager for sex with you!

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Yeah , she just likes your cute little cheeks! :D

haha -or maybe she thought that I was hiding some money there! (kinda like a chipmunk type thing)

Man kiaow mean same "You are so sweet I want eat you now"! It is same (vaj faj) I am eager for sex with you!

hhmmmmm interesting :) -maybe thats why she got me to say it back to her ...cause I was alway eager for sex with her!

Yeah, I've heard khiaw used in reference to fangs, biting and chewing etc. but the translation isn't obvious by any means.

Apparently, the thai themselves do not have a clear idea of the literal meaning (for thai readers)

http://topicstock.pantip.com/library/topicstock/2006/11/K4879292/K4879292.html

I don't believe there's a lie in every smile.

I've been told it's a term of affection that is used regarding babies, children or someone that they think is very nice. Nothing to do with shit.

Apparently, the thai themselves do not have a clear idea of the literal meaning (for thai readers)

http://topicstock.pantip.com/library/topicstock/2006/11/K4879292/K4879292.html

I see, they can't even agree how to spell it correctly let alone establish a literal rather than conveyed meaning. What chance do us Farangs stand! :rolleyes:

It funny how Thai girls when they say 'มันเขี้ยว' man khiaw they like to pinch you too, pinch and twist your arm or leg, bloody hurts sometimes, they also often grit their teeth when they do the 'มันเขี้ยว' man khiaw, there seems to be strong emotion attached to 'มันเขี้ยว' man khiaw.