IGNORED

Keeping Laptop Safe in Pattaya

pvarjak

I'll be working during my upcoming trip, so I will need my laptop. Unfortunately, it's a 16 incher - so it probably won't fit in the room safe.

I figure I'll bring a laptop lock and chain it to something in the room.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

keep it in your locked suitcase. a bar girl leaving your hotel with a suitcase is sure to raise an alarm.

I'll be working during my upcoming trip, so I will need my laptop. Unfortunately, it's a 16 incher - so it probably won't fit in the room safe.

I figure I'll bring a laptop lock and chain it to something in the room.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

I think the laptop security cable, locking it to a piece of furniture (or your suitcase if it has a solid part to dock, such as internal frame) should be good enough to prevent opportunistic theft. Locking it inside your suitcase is good as it removes the temptation, but much easier to cut a suitcase open that cut a laptop cable.

I think the laptop security cable, locking it to a piece of furniture (or your suitcase if it has a solid part to dock, such as internal frame) should be good enough to prevent opportunistic theft. Locking it inside your suitcase is good as it removes the temptation, but much easier to cut a suitcase open that cut a laptop cable.

You may be well advised to check out the following website. I have heard nothing but good reports and the whole system is geared for the traveller. Its cheap, simple and easy to install.

As follows : http://www.absolute.com/

I hope your trip is trouble free !!