IGNORED

Cell phone purchas

windsors420

I'm arriving in Pattaya in a week for a six week stay. I've never had a phone before, but want to give it a try. I'm not so cheap that I'm desperate to save a few hundred baht. I want a basic phone where someone can install the sim card and the minutes from a phone card. I just want the phone ready to use with as much simplicity as possible. Best advice please.

I'm arriving in Pattaya in a week for a six week stay. I've never had a phone before, but want to give it a try. I'm not so cheap that I'm desperate to save a few hundred baht. I want a basic phone where someone can install the sim card and the minutes from a phone card. I just want the phone ready to use with as much simplicity as possible. Best advice please.

I use a prepaid phone in bought at Target in US. Make sure it is GSM & has a sim card. Some of the prepaid phones don't use sim cards. It works very well & very easy. I bought the sim at the airport(BKK) & bought minutes @ 711....good to go.

Usaually I just head to Tuk Com and pick up a phone there. Comes with a SIM and you can pick your own number. Then head over to ole 7/11 and pick up a "1,2, Call" 300thb.