IGNORED

best pub food on the soi

f1rich

Throw the question out there. Best food on the soi, I'm going to say pig and whistle- very tasty no bad reactions and you always get a plate full down side alitte expensive.

What do you think.?

F1rich

The Pig and Whistle is pretty decent as is Rosie O'Gradys next door...

...but my Soi7 food vote goes to the Tequila Reef.

Having said that I use the street carts on Soi7 more than the above.

The Pig and Whistle is pretty decent as is Rosie O'Gradys next door...

...but my Soi7 food vote goes to the Tequila Reef.

Having said that I use the street carts on Soi7 more than the above.

good advices as well.Will give them all a try at my next trip.Thanks and Cheers

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I've been to the Pig & Whistle a few times for breakfast.

I really like there english breakfast

But I've never really bothered eating there at night

I should give the Pig & Whistle night time menu a try

they do a good christmas diner had mine there in 2009

have to agree, pig and whistle brilliant food. another favourite of mine is sailor bar soi 8. amazing food at an amazing price.

Going to hi-jack the thread a little, please all Farang food operators, ask you kitchen staff to put your great food on HOT plates. I love the P&W but they are just as guilty, lovely Sunday lunch put on a cold plate, food cold within minutes.

Worst offenders, Pattaya Beer Garden (stopped eating there after asking many times), Queen Viv and Jameson's

have to agree, pig and whistle brilliant food. another favourite of mine is sailor bar soi 8. amazing food at an amazing price.

Agreed Reg, Sailor bar is excellent.

Agreed Reg, Sailor bar is excellent.

Good prices on beer and spirits too.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• 3 months later...

good call pig n whistle and sailors bar both reat forfood and pig n whistle great for sports large screens everywhere...

Yea pig and whistle and rosie O'Gradys are great food spots, regularly drop in there, the mxican is also very good down near the beach road in Soi 7 and last time a lovely place hidden in on a wee street to the right of soi 7 heading down to beach road, dont no the name but food was real nice, will def be back there next week when i arrive!

I am a smoker so have stayed clear of the P&W -is there a smoking area out back or separate area inside for smokers?

theres a few high tables with stools at the rear entrance to pig n whistle they also have a large sreen there..

theres a few high tables with stools at the rear entrance to pig n whistle they also have a large sreen there..

Thanks -Ill check it out

Agree about the Pig & Whistle, mainly eat Thai off the carts when there and is superb, but occasionally have the urge for Fish & Chips and P& W is very good and lots of it. a bit dear but worth it. If you have not tried the carts do as excellant food.

I have drunk in the Sailor Bar many times and is good value and I enjoy it in there, but never tried the food so will give it a go when out in December.

Have a great time

P & Whistle is great! They also have a Thai menu thats pretty good...great Green Curry Soup....Rooms are nice and clean, staff are really friendly....mostly Rugby and Football on screens....can never get the UK guys at P&W to explain Rugby to us Yanks...LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great feed at the Pig and Whistle.

Big serving and reasonable pricing for good food. Def worth a visit, followed by a bit of a bar crawl aound the area.

My vote is for Rosie O'gradys.. Great breaky one of the best I have had in Patts so far. Owner is a great guy and great pints on tap. May consider staying there next trip (850B for a large size room). Second for food is Sailor Bar.. great Thai food can be had there.

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

My vote is for Rosie O'gradys.. Great breaky one of the best I have had in Patts so far. Owner is a great guy and great pints on tap. May consider staying there next trip (850B for a large size room). Second for food is Sailor Bar.. great Thai food can be had there.

Have to say I was very disappointed by ROG when I went there for an evening meal -never been there for Brekkie though

Butchers Arms has very good food. I eat Thai most of the time but when feeling more than abit hung over I just feel like some western tucker. There roast of the day was A1

JD

I am a smoker so have stayed clear of the P&W -is there a smoking area out back or separate area inside for smokers?

Planning to go to P&W in the coming weeks -- I'm not a smoker, but I just saw this posted on their website:

NOW OPEN - Our new outside smoking area with large Plasma screen, showing all live sporting events...

• 1 month later...

P&W is the best hope it continues after Bobs passing...Rosie OG not as good imho, never had a bad meal in the pig ever

• 2 months later...

the is a very nice kebab bike on soi 7 tink they sell them for 60 bath and are very nice

• 2 months later...

Archived