Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bootcamp style weight loss near walking street

kuteguy

I know a lot of threads have been posted on this site and many others. I have gone through them and still not found what I am looking for so I am hoping somebody can help as I am going round in circle now.

I want to combine my holiday with fitness. I will be living for 4-6 weeks very close to Walking Street (most likely at Pattaya Bay Resort) and want to do 5-6 hours of fitness training and yoga at a reasonable price. I am not fit and I am not looking to fight; just to lose 10kgs and gain some muscles. And ofcourse to enjoy the local talent of women ;-)

I don't "drive".

I am aware of:

* Kombat Village - WAY TOO EXPENSIVE at abt 60,000 thb for their weight loss program; and hard to get to; the most popular camps for these sorts of things in Phuket only charge abt 20,000 thb

* Golden Gym - maybe - they are reasonable and include one training session a day

* Fairtex - WAY too expensive

* Sityodtong, RMB, Sitjaipetch, etc - couldn't find much info on these + look too far from Walking Street + not sure if they have boot camp style programs

Surely there must be some other options. I am even considerring Tony's on 3rd Street but can't get any info from them on the phone as they speak very little english. I know they have a Muay Thai academy (remember I am just looking to get fitter and not fight) + gym; not sure if they have yoga + personal training

Something like Tiger Muay Thai (Phuket) would have been perfect in Pattaya. I refuse to spend time in boring Phuket (its more for families and couples).

Final option is to do it all myself by joining Tony's gym - but that would need a LOT of discipline considerring the amount of distractions Pattaya has to offer.

Edited by kuteguy

Firstly I could do with losing 30 Kgs so take my advice with a pinch of salt...Best option for you will be to pair up with a friend...Similar age and goals. If you do the beach every morning and eat thai food for two weeks you should lose 10kgs without trying.... Of course late night Kebabs and BBQ's will put it back on s that is where the discipline comes in...Eat a thai girl instead...they have very few calories.... So make a deal with a mate...the person who doesn't turn up for the morning beach road walk pays for the bar fines that night....You will either get fit or get laid...

1047687-Royalty-Free-RF-Clip-Art-Illustration-Of-A-Cartoon-Black-And-White-Outline-Design-Of-A-Fat-Man-Doing-Pushups.jpg

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

if you stick to thai food mate you'll lose weight for sure i did when i was over and i wasn't dieting as such still had plenty of beers . if you're not fit 5-6 hrs exercise a day is a huge amount in that heat and you wont need that to shift 10 kg in six weeks .

have you ever stuck to a regime like that elsewhere ? if your answer is no then pattaya will surely throw up plenty more distractions for you than anywhere else!!

i'd lighten up a bit . dont be too hard on yourself. get bike taxi to golden gloves, kombat and use tonys mix em up a bit and im near certain you wont need 5-6 hrs you'll burn yourself out .

good luck though with your trip though whatever you decide on .

Edited by docbunsen

wait a second, let me understand... you are going to be in pattaya for 4 to 6 weeks and you only want to do 4 to 6 hours of exercise the whole trip? or you want to do 4 to 6 hours a day? because personally i think if it is the first then you arent going to lose any weight.. but then again sexercise is my personal favorite.. also only eat thai food. never eat farang food.. guarantee 15 lbs in 4 weeks..

thanks guys - feel a bit better :-)

P.s> 5-6 hrs a day 6 days a week is what i meant. Previous trips all I have done is DRINK, kebabs, gelato, party, sleep, nurse hangover. Vrey little shagging if any. So maybe with a lit bit of disclipine I can achieve my goals.

Edited by kuteguy

Put in a couple walking laps up and down beach road every day. Drink water not beer. Eat Thai food in Thai portions. Have lots of sex.

This is what I try to do when I am there and I always come home lighter. I can't wait to see what a year of living over there will do to me!

Firstly I could do with losing 30 Kgs so take my advice with a pinch of salt...Best option for you will be to pair up with a friend...Similar age and goals. If you do the beach every morning and eat thai food for two weeks you should lose 10kgs without trying.... Of course late night Kebabs and BBQ's will put it back on s that is where the discipline comes in...Eat a thai girl instead...they have very few calories.... So make a deal with a mate...the person who doesn't turn up for the morning beach road walk pays for the bar fines that night....You will either get fit or get laid...

1047687-Royalty-Free-RF-Clip-Art-Illustration-Of-A-Cartoon-Black-And-White-Outline-Design-Of-A-Fat-Man-Doing-Pushups.jpg

Just an observation, based on science.

losing 10 kg in two weeks is unrealistic and dangerous for anyone but the morbidly obese, aim to lose a maximum of 2kg a week.

thanks guys - feel a bit better :-)

P.s> 5-6 hrs a day 6 days a week is what i meant. Previous trips all I have done is DRINK, kebabs, gelato, party, sleep, nurse hangover. Vrey little shagging if any. So maybe with a lit bit of disclipine I can achieve my goals.

I have often noticed a free open-air aerobics class being held on beach road at the end of Central rd in the afternoons, well worth a jog down to get involved if aerobics is your thing.

Just an observation, based on science.

losing 10 kg in two weeks is unrealistic and dangerous for anyone but the morbidly obese, aim to lose a maximum of 2kg a week.

I am there for 6 weeks - which is a fair time to lose 10kgs

I am 95 kgs now (6'3") and quite muscular .. so 10 kgs and I should hopefully be showing some abs ;-)

thanks for all your tips

I know you are more inclined towards joining a group or trainer giving boot camp style sessions. I too sometimes prefer having someone to motivate me and give me guidance as to what I am doing. I'd be interested too in finding out a low cost alternative to the expensive classes.

Since I work out alone most of the time, if it were me I would use Tony's gym which I heard they have a 24 hour branch somewheres on Walking Street. You could use the weights there. What I used to do is look at the crossfit website and just do the workout of the day (WOD). Usually it's pretty brief, maybe 15 minutes or so, but it takes me much longer since I cannot do all those exercises without rest since it makes me sick to my stomach (try doing barbell squat thrusts alternated with pullups 5-6 sets each with no rest and you'll see what I mean).

For cardio I run up and down beach road early in the morning.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song