IGNORED

Berlin Airport - Can you use Thai Baht in the shops

GorGuy RIP

A friend of mine is off on her travels and stopping off at Berlin Airport (TXL) before she takes a connection to elsewhere.

Does anyone know if she can use Thai baht in the shops there to get some water etc. ?

Please tell her to use US-Dollars or better Euros, the rates at which they converse THB into Euros are horrible !!!

Please tell her to use US-Dollars or better Euros, the rates at which they converse THB into Euros are horrible !!!

The thing is she only has Thai baht, and is on a 3.5 hour flight connection, so will only be in the airport.

If the do take Thai baht in the shops, it might be easier for her.

If they definitely will not take Thai baht in the airport shops, then maybe she can ask around if someone here has 5 euros they could swap for baht with her before she goes.

Any more Euros or US-Dollars than that would be useless to her, as she is traveling on to a country that does not use Euros.

Edited by GorGuy

No, she will have to change some baht

If it definitely cannot be done, she will have to change some currency.

Is it a 100% no no in the airport shops there?

Have you tried?

Sorry to be so specific, but I was searching for actual experience in shops in Berlin Airport, who have tried to use Thai baht, or someone they know using Thai baht in these shops.

Was it possible?

The reason being, it is her first trip abroad, and she would like to know what she can do and if she would be able to buy some water on her transit in Berlin Airport.

Edited by GorGuy

Thai barh is not convertible currency. He can not buy nothing for Thai bath in other countries. thai bath can use maybe some countries around Thailand but not in Europe.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Thai barh is not convertible currency. He can not buy nothing for Thai bath in other countries. thai bath can use maybe some countries around Thailand but not in Europe.

Is this the same in the actual airport, as many shops in the actual airport will accept many international currencies.

I used to use the twenty baht coins in the fag machines lol :GoldenSmile1:

Is this the same in the actual airport, as many shops in the actual airport will accept many international currencies.

I do not think so. Some countries you can not change all currency.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I do not think so. Some countries you can not change all currency.

I appreciate all input.

What I am after, is, has anyone tried using Thai baht in Berlin airport, and was it accepted?

With all the guys reading this forum, maybe there is one guy or more who can answer 100% if the Thai baht can be used or not.

I am sorry to be a pain.

I know a lot of people read this forum, and I was just looking for hard facts, personal experiences within Berlin Airport.

A long shot I know.

This girl has been a good friend for a long time and I am trying to help her out with her "new man", and her trip.

Thing is, in Europe, no Thai Baht...period. Even british pounds get turned away - US Dollars tend to go everywhere.

But just tell her to use her bank ATM card. All the restaurants, cafes, news shops, stores accept that. There's no need to carry cash, and she should certainly have one of those. She can also use a credit card, but perhaps she doesn't have one of those (MasterCard/Maestro has the best coverage in Europe)

It's a no. She'll need to bring/get Euro, some of the shops might take US§ but I wouldn't count on it. Baht definitely not.

why not just tell her to take some euros with her job done :GoldenSmile1:

Is she still in the Berlin Airport now? Because i have just arrived in Berlin Airport..maybe i can help!!

I am sorry to be a pain.

I know a lot of people read this forum, and I was just looking for hard facts, personal experiences within Berlin Airport.

A long shot I know.

This girl has been a good friend for a long time and I am trying to help her out with her "new man", and her trip.

:o First off all can her new man buy her a bottle of water.If he cant she is with the wrong mam 2nd is she in transit airside or landside .Is her DEP point TXL? Is it a direct flt to her final arr apt ie bkk.All this for a bottle of water :wacko:

chris :GiveBeer1:

Wriggley Tin 1

Thing is, in Europe, no Thai Baht...period. Even british pounds get turned away - US Dollars tend to go everywhere.

But just tell her to use her bank ATM card. All the restaurants, cafes, news shops, stores accept that. There's no need to carry cash, and she should certainly have one of those. She can also use a credit card, but perhaps she doesn't have one of those (MasterCard/Maestro has the best coverage in Europe)

It's a no. She'll need to bring/get Euro, some of the shops might take US§ but I wouldn't count on it. Baht definitely not.

why not just tell her to take some euros with her job done :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks, ok, no baht, Euro's it is.

Is she still in the Berlin Airport now? Because i have just arrived in Berlin Airport..maybe i can help!!

Thanks for the generous offer, she is going in a few days time, so no worries.

:o First off all can her new man buy her a bottle of water.If he cant she is with the wrong mam 2nd is she in transit airside or landside .Is her DEP point TXL? Is it a direct flt to her final arr apt ie bkk.All this for a bottle of water :wacko:

chris :GiveBeer1:

Ha ha, She is traveling alone, for the very first time outside of Thailand and transiting in TXL.

All sorted, she now knows she needs to change a few baht in the airport to Euros if she wants to buy anything in Berlin.

Thanks to all, for all your help.

She does have an ATM card (no credit card), but she has given her ATM card to her mum, so monies can be transferred to her account and mum can draw it out and use it.

If she is comming to Ireland i will meet her there if you want :GoldenSmile1: