Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Changing Flight dates with Thai airways

jayboat

Hey folks, just some advice needed please.

I booked myself for 3 weeks at a end of August a few weeks ago through www.holidaygenie.com flying with Thai airways from London. Ive just been fired from my job and have decided fuck it, lets go to Pattaya for 6 weeks and worry about getting a job when i return. I would want to be leaving asap and would also need to change both depart and return dates. After phoning the company i booked my flights with to find out that the office is closed on sunday, i looked around some other forums and some people say its better to phone the airline direct.

Has anyone ever had problem like this, as i not 100% what to do as ive heard some bad things about hoildaygenie (After i booked, doh!!). Basically what im doing is cancelling my current dates for new ones, ive heard of people changing there return date, ie. adding on a few days but never completly changing both dates. Do you think it would be best to phone the company i booked with (HoildayGenie) are phone Thai Airways directly.

Thanks you in advance guys, all replys and advice welcome :)

Keep it creammy !!!

Hey folks, just some advice needed please.

I booked myself for 3 weeks at a end of August a few weeks ago through www.holidaygenie.com flying with Thai airways from London. Ive just been fired from my job and have decided fuck it, lets go to Pattaya for 6 weeks and worry about getting a job when i return. I would want to be leaving asap and would also need to change both depart and return dates. After phoning the company i booked my flights with to find out that the office is closed on sunday, i looked around some other forums and some people say its better to phone the airline direct.

Has anyone ever had problem like this, as i not 100% what to do as ive heard some bad things about hoildaygenie (After i booked, doh!!). Basically what im doing is cancelling my current dates for new ones, ive heard of people changing there return date, ie. adding on a few days but never completly changing both dates. Do you think it would be best to phone the company i booked with (HoildayGenie) are phone Thai Airways directly.

Thanks you in advance guys, all replys and advice welcome :)

You should phone the people you booked with as you probably agreed to their terms and conditions when you bought the ticket. They might not let you cancel depends on your ticket or they might charge you a fee and charge you even more for another ticket.

This is from their website:

4. Alteration & Cancellation by you:

CHANGING YOUR ARRANGEMENTS

If you wish to change any item - other than increasing the number of persons in your party - and providing we can accommodate the change, you will have to pay an amendment fee per person. These fees can vary greatly and will be advised at the time changes are made. All changes must be confirmed to us in writing.

Please be aware that some travel arrangements cannot be changed once a reservation has been processed and therefore amendment charges could be as great as the total cost of your holiday. Certain travel arrangements (e.g restricted fare tickets) cannot be changed or cancelled after a reservation has been made and any alteration will incur a 100% cancellation charge.

http://www.holidaygenie.com/client/includes/termsandconditions.htm

Edited by Arrian

Thanks for the reply Arrian :)

Yes, ive already checked there terms and its the 100% cancellation charge im worried about, i do expect to pay some fees of course. Thats why i thought it may be better to phone Thai Airways directly as i think they may be more willing to help me, ive heard some bad things about hoildaygenie's customer service. But you are correct, when i booked, i have agreed to hoildaygenie's terms. Hopefully we'll get a few more replys before i phone them in the morning. I will of course post up the outcome so others with a simalar problem can search it.

Keep it creammy !!!

Calling Thai Air does not cost anything. You have nothing to lose by asking.

Thats very true bro :)

Keep it creammy !!!

If I were you I would go direct to the airline first. Tell them that you have a flight booked with them but following a change in circumstances you wish to change the dates and see where that takes you first before contacting the agent. I have done this at no cost once to change part of a return leg but the flights were running fairly empty for that leg so it was not that difficult for me.

WELCOME TO THAILAND: "People don’t want to be millionaires — they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy."

Thanks for the reply occasionalpunter, May i ask what airline that was with? Ive never gone with Thai Airways before but they seem to have a good reputation from what ive heard from friends and online forums. Im hoping as im looking to fly out sort of asap, that if they have empty seats for a flight in say 1 week that i'll get them nice and cheap are even free as its going to hard for them to sell/fill them.

Keep it creammy !!!

If they are smart, they will take $50 to let you leave early and get an extra few weeks to sell the empty seat. You can ask about flying standby and how full they are on the upcoming flights too. It is called low season for a reason, there are probably seats available.

Thanks CJ,

Im fairly sure that there are planes flying out with empty seats, last time i went out around this time of the year. I had a free seat next to me on the way there and on the way back i was put into the middle row which has 4 seats with 1 other person, was really nice being able to lay down for a nap.

Also i have booked direct flights, does anyone think this would make a difference?

Keep it creammy !!!

Unfortunately the one I switched was not my Thai airways leg..it was a Jet airways flight..but same principle applies..if there are seats then I suspect they will be fairly helpful.

WELCOME TO THAILAND: "People don’t want to be millionaires — they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy."

Im hoping so, thanks for replying again :)

It would probally be best to phone thai airways 1st as they can only say no like someone posted. I just have the feeling that the agent will charge a stupid amount to change everything around.

Keep it creammy !!!

Flown loads of times on Thai out of LHR and can't ever recall a completely full flight, so if you are prepared to be flexible and cough up a small change fee you may get lucky if you call the airline. If you are in london anytime soon the Thai office nr Green Park is very good so maybe call in there? Its normally easier to change reurn leg but it may well cost you £100. Flights into LHR tend to be a lot fuller in my experience. good luck!!

Cheers tt2008

Im hoping that i can sort it out with the airline and that they do not tell me that it needs to be sorted with the agent. Im from Northern Ireland but im fully flexible and can leave any time, any day. Thanks for the helpful reply again.

Keep it creammy !!!

It all depends what booking class the ticket is, that doesn't mean whether it is economy, business or first there are many different booking classes all with different T&C's generally speaking the less you pay for the ticket the more restrictions there are.

Some tickets will allow you to change dates for free or for a small fee others will not allow any changes at all.

I once enquired about changing an economy ticket to a premium economy ticket, they were willing to refund the economy ticket and sell me a new one but the charge for the refund was horrendous.

That said... If you don't ask you don't get, you might get lucky.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

I always fly with thai airways, your ticket is vallide for one year it normally costs £150 to change in uk and £75 to change thailand but as booked with a 3rd party i would check their t&cs

Well guys, ive just spent the last hour on the phone.

First off, i phoned Thai Airways, they told me that as i booked through an agent, i would need to contact them, so i phoned the agent. They told me that i would need to phone the Airline as they were the ones who could change the flight, after telling them i had done so already, i was told to send an email to customer services. So, i thought i would chance my arm and phone thai Airways again, i was again told but in more detail that i had booked through an agent and that i would need to sort it with them as they were enable to break the contract. I was told that the agent could talk with the airline to change my date and was also informed that there were seats available on upcomming flights but again it was up to the agents and that i may have some fees to pay. He also told me that if i was succeseful in changing my departure date that i could change my comming home date in thailand through the airline directly.

So, i have sent off an email the customer services department of HolidayGenie and im waiting for their reply which will take around 24hours. I do not have high hopes as ive heard so many bad things about this company after booking, the image i get is, once you book and pay, your fucked when it comes to making amendments. The hoilday is booked for leaving in 8 weeks but as i have just lost my job, i dont no whether to start looking for a new one are not. It never looks good saying that ive a 3 week hoilday booked in 8 weeks time when starting plus the fact that it may take 3-4 weeks before i even get an interview. Im in abit of a pickle.

I'll update the thread when i receive my reply from the Holiday Genie.

Keep it creammy !!!

Have u thought about visas,u will need to show that you are leaving the country within the 30 day visa if im not mistaken

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Have u thought about visas,u will need to show that you are leaving the country within the 30 day visa if im not mistaken

Yeah, i never thought about that. Thats another spanner in the works

Keep it creammy !!!

mate, are you close to the airport you're flying from? I would leave the phones alone for a moment and speak to a ThaiAir staff in person.

That's my experience anyway, although limited, when I tried to change dates for a flight back before leaving for my last trip:

the travel agent wanted shetloads of money (several hundreds) and I would have actually had to change both flights etc, an impossible nightmare. The airline company service phone kept referring me back to the agency, like in your case.

What I did was fly out as planned and once in BKK, walked up to the airline counter and asked to change the dates for my flight back. No problem, 1200 Baht and a confirmation email within 5 minutes.

Just a thought.

I just received the reply below. Its no problem changing the return dates once ive flown out but changing the departing dates seems to be really hard.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email regarding changing the dates of travel. I have looked into the contract rules, unfortunately the rules state that this is a non changeable or refundable ticket. We can potentially apply for a tax refund on your existing ticket and make a fresh booking for the new dates.

If you would like any further assistance, or have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting me by return mail or on the telephone number given below.

Many Thanks.

Saul.

Keep it creammy !!!

Ouch..sounds like a date change is going to be tricky. How about flying standby? I've never tried it so don't know how the mechanics work. But perhaps ask the Thai airline staff whether you could just show up at the airport and fly on an earlier flight one day at no extra cost if there is a spare seat??