IGNORED

windsurfing advice

pubstud

I'm looking for a sporting activity in Pattaya for fun and exercise and windsurfing seems like a good thing. I've never done it before, never done surfing, but do enjoy swimming and like the sea. So any advice for me. Where to go, how to get started, costs? I don't want to buy a windsurfer for a while in case I get bored or don't like it. So I want to rent for a while and I guess I'll need a few basic lessons. So is there anybody in windsurfing who can tell me a few things. Cheers...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi !

I can help you with that as I did something like 10 years of windsurfing (or funboard).

Thailand is actually one of best place to practice windsurf for two main reasons: HOT water and StarBoard.

Starboard is one of the biggest manufacturer and they are implemented in Thailand if I remember well. They test all their prototypes here.

Anyway if you want to start you should first try this kind of board:

IMG_9173.jpg

http://www.star-board.com/SpringSummer2011/products/board_start.php

check this video:

http://www.star-board.com/SpringSummer2011/news_events/read.php?threadid=10333

Unfortunately i've never been in thailand yet so i cannot recommend you a good spot, but try to find a spot with sand, light wind, and sun so it is easier to begin.

Do not hesitate to ask me questions :)

Bye !

Avoid Pain, Be Free, Have Fun.

Thanks for that. Nice to hear from you. Pattaya is probably an ideal location as the weather is nice.

Jomtien Beach opposite Soi 6 you will find a windsurfing club and school. They have regular competitions and I think that the wind is more suitable with a lot less water traffic carnage that the main pattaya beach where I dont recall seeing any windsurfers.

Blue Lagoon Kitesurfing school located after Ambassador hotel sukkhumvit road after Jomtien.

Ask for Mike. They have kitesurf equipments and windsurf also. They provide lessons of course.

• 3 years later...

I'm looking for a sporting activity in Pattaya for fun and exercise and windsurfing seems like a good thing. I've never done it before, never done surfing, but do enjoy swimming and like the sea. So any advice for me. Where to go, how to get started, costs? I don't want to buy a windsurfer for a while in case I get bored or don't like it. So I want to rent for a while and I guess I'll need a few basic lessons. So is there anybody in windsurfing who can tell me a few things. Cheers...

So how did this activity go for you?

Me too would like to get some tips.

- Kitesurfing og windsurfing?

- Blue Lagoon or Club Loong Chat or Choke-D or Amara Watersports?

If I would go for kitesurfing I would probably choose one that is IKO certified.

Archived