IGNORED

Sandy Spring

globalexperiences

Hi,

I am heading over with a mate and staying at Sandy Spring in Soi 13. Just want to know if anyone has stayed in the suite and what is the difference between that and the deluxe.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not 100% certain but I think the deluxe is a Standard Room with a sea view, and a balcony.

The suite room has a living room area + bed + sofa, sea view extra also.

I've stayed in SS (standard room plus balcony) on a number of previous occasions but they recently increased the prices without anything additional provided so wont be staying there again.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

I've stayed in deluxe which has a sea view balcony.

The last time I was there I had a look in the suite room & it has a living room and separate shower/bath;looks very nice.

I read on the forum that they are renovating the rooms at this time.

I stayed at the suite for a week or so one time. The standard is like the deluxe room - but ridiculously big. Had two balconies.

I would go for the deluxe room.

Delux is all you need. Nice views over the water. I like thf place. Good location. Close to the action. And very GF. On the downside rooms getting a little rundown and no room safe in most rooms.

The last time I stayed at Sandy Spring it was so much noise everywhere. Had a Deluxe room on the 4th floor, and it was something all the time. But the time before I found it very nice.

And yes, very GF! And I also like the location.

It's very easy to rent a box in the reception if you want to keep money, passport, extra visa card etc.

i stayed in a one bed suite for 6 years in a row the last time for 5 months.they would not give 1 bhat discount and put a surcharge on of 500 bhat a night 15dec to 15 jan so i have gone eslewhere.yes i agree the rooms are looking dated but the staff are great pity about the greedy management.

i stayed in a one bed suite for 6 years in a row the last time for 5 months.they would not give 1 bhat discount and put a surcharge on of 500 bhat a night 15dec to 15 jan so i have gone eslewhere.yes i agree the rooms are looking dated but the staff are great pity about the greedy management.

I agree - That's why I don't stay there anymore also. No discount at all for long term stay.

• 4 weeks later...

The suites are on the high floors (7&8)with a very good sea view, have a separate living room and a bigger bathroom with standalone shower. The suites also have in room safes.

Just stayed 4 nights in seaview room on 7th floor.

The room is showing its age, the aircon made a rattling noise as did the fridge!

I checked out mainly due to the noise from the reno's on the 6th floor.

I have been a fan of this hotel due to the location & views + the great staff, however probably

won't stay there again (sadly) in the near future.

Edited by gazman

Just stayed 4 nights in seaview room on 7th floor.

The room is showing its age, the aircon made a rattling noise as did the fridge!

I checked out mainly due to the noise from the reno's on the 6th floor.

I have been a fan of this hotel due to the location & views + the great staff, however probably

won't stay there again (sadly) in the near future.

Looks like I just missed you! I stayed a week and agree the noise was too much! Did get a new plasma installed on the last day! Place was full of Arabs and they were not playing Ramadan. The staff said they always complained and had two incidents with girls not being happy.

apart from that love the staff, close to sportsman and great location for Walking Street and other spots.

Looks like I just missed you! I stayed a week and agree the noise was too much! Did get a new plasma installed on the last day! Place was full of Arabs and they were not playing Ramadan. The staff said they always complained and had two incidents with girls not being happy.

apart from that love the staff, close to sportsman and great location for walking street and other spots.

They installed a new tv the day before I checked out so must be changing in all the rooms.

I did move to another hotel in soi 13 about a 30 sec walk from SS.