Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Christo69

Burma. The tourists will start to flood in soon.

Christo69

Not many westerners when I visited Yangoon and Bagan but that will change.

Here is my slideshow

Nom-in-Thailand

Some lovely photos, don't know anything about Burma to be honest, a few of the pictures reminded me of my time in Cambodia

kbrainr

You have shown a terrific slide show. I work in Yangon and have been to Bagan to see the sights there. There are so many other places to see, and I hope you and others get a chance to see them.

I am in the US now, but will return in August for another year.

Nausea

Very nice photos man.

I would love to travel to Burma, looks amazing.

pseasnain

Some nice photos of the crimson-clad monks. Now is the time to see Myanmar before it becomes too westernised.

Edge

Here is my slideshow

Nice photos thanks.

I'm curious how you come to the conclusion that Myanmar mongering is on the upswing.

You attached a similar tag to your Nah Trang TR, misplaced IMO and others', but in neither case do you attach any verbage to support the suggestion.

Are you just sticking these sub headings in to attract viewers?

Slacker

I have to agree with Edge...tourism on the upswing would be surprising enough, but mongering ? With such a repressive regime I can't see it making too many must-do lists for most mongers.

Gaudente

Sorry but I will never visit a country without ATM and therefore suffer the stress of keeping all my cash on myself all the time. When the moron junta will finally understand that and drop the ridiculous official exchange rate of 6 kyat per $ I might consider a visit.

Kangarooted

Nice photos thanks.

I'm curious how you come to the conclusion that Myanmar mongering is on the upswing

Agreed - in fact the opposite I would think based on the news report below from a couple weeks ago

Chiang Mai (Mizzima) – In what may be the first move to clean up Burma’s male entertainment industry, the Rangoon authorities have ordered all massage parlours to close in major cities, according to the 7 Day News Journal.

The order was said to go into effect on June 2. The Rangoon area has between 3,000 to 3,500 illegal massage parlours, a senior police officer at the Rangoon Region Police Commander’s Office told Mizzima in early 2010.

‘Later, authorities will look at the KTV karaoke lounge bars’, the Rangoon based weekly journal reported.

Edge

Agreed - in fact the opposite I would think based on the news report below from a couple weeks ago

Chiang Mai (Mizzima) – In what may be the first move to clean up Burma’s male entertainment industry, the Rangoon authorities have ordered all massage parlours to close in major cities, according to the 7 Day News Journal.

The order was said to go into effect on June 2. The Rangoon area has between 3,000 to 3,500 illegal massage parlours, a senior police officer at the Rangoon Region Police Commander’s Office told Mizzima in early 2010.

‘Later, authorities will look at the KTV karaoke lounge bars’, the Rangoon based weekly journal reported.

I suppose that the quote does at least show that P4P exists/existed, but I'm not convinced that much of that was aimed at or even available to foreigners.

Although he logs on, the OP doesn't give any answers on either of his threads suggesting where the next big mongering scene might be.

I'm left to conclude that he just adds the P4P tag to get hits on his thread.

It's probably succeeding, but only because posters disagreeing with him are bumping them as I'm now doing - again.

Gator001

I suppose that the quote does at least show that P4P exists/existed, but I'm not convinced that much of that was aimed at or even available to foreigners.

Although he logs on, the OP doesn't give any answers on either of his threads suggesting where the next big mongering scene might be.

I'm left to conclude that he just adds the P4P tag to get hits on his thread.

It's probably succeeding, but only because posters disagreeing with him are bumping them as I'm now doing - again.

There is plenty for the monger in Yangon but if people were to travel there solely for that like they do to Pattaya and AC they will be very disappointed, there has been an excellent freelance scene for many years though

Anywhere the NGO sloths are at the trough (and myanmar is full of them leaching) there is a vibrant hooker scene

personally I like it how it is, the less sex tourists the merrier

themosch

Nice pics but i expected more girls as title stated mongering in upswing!

Vessey

Well the title may have got me hooked to look-in.

However I am glad I did, the slide show was beautiful and evocative, :001_Thank_You5:

A useful reminder that there is more to Asia than mongering (all I need to do now is summon enough will-power and determination to step foot out of Soi 6!).

enterprise

Nice photos thanks.

I'm curious how you come to the conclusion that Myanmar mongering is on the upswing.

You attached a similar tag to your Nah Trang TR, misplaced IMO and others', but in neither case do you attach any verbage to support the suggestion.

Are you just sticking these sub headings in to attract viewers?

Don't think it's on the increase, most of the clubs i visited onlt add 2 or 3 faranangs, some times i was the only one. Would say there are only about ten p4p clubs in Yangon, all have entrance fees with between 10 and 30 freelancers and sometimes fashion show girls.

Found freelancers outside cinema in day time, $10 about 7-8 to choose from they range in age between 14 and 20, and don't speak a word of English except hello

Edge

Found freelancers outside cinema in day time, $10 about 7-8 to choose from they range in age between 14 and 20, and don't speak a word of English except hello

What film did you watch? Grin_Jump1.gif

Glad to hear it sounds as though it's going well.........and to budget too 555

happy888

Thanks for the great slide show.

Has a great meditative feel to it.

Nicely compiled.

Cheers

H888

bigal

Here is my slideshow

Excellent video, but the thing that hit me most was your choice of music to go with the video, absolutely outstanding to create a brilliant atmosphere.

Can you supply the name of the composer, track.

, etc...please if possible.

Thanks

Bigal

Edited by bigal

Highlander

Excellent slideshow mate which I enjoyed thoroughly.

It looks like you had a good time and now I want to go there myself

BluTraveller

think it may be worth a visit...

andyaus

I believe Obama is sending Hillary there next month to have a bit of a look. If she takes Bill then he may well be creating a new Mongering destination.

hill.jpg

http://thepage.time....llary-to-burma/

Or he might want Hillary to get locked up (house Arrest) for 15 years :Think1:

Edited by andyaus

macumba

Wow, cool, there are some excellent photos in there. What camera/lens combination did you use?

nikcool10

thanks for the slides

andy666

Nice one Christo, thx 4 posting