IGNORED

Pattaya dry on 25th and 26th of June because of pre-election?

Stefki

Hi fellas,

Whats the deal with this godforsaken pre-election alcohol ban? I've asked several thaipeople that say "no ban", but I dont really trust their knowledge on this matter since they're not always that up-to-date. On the contrary many friends living in BKK have said that there will be a ban on the 25th and the 26th in Bangkok for sure but possibly not in Pattaya. I'm arriving in LOS on the 25th and would be a damn shame to have to stay sober the first days.

Would be much appreciated if someone that has official info on this alcohol ban in Bangkok as well as Pattaya could share it.

Thanks for any reply.

I don't really understand the point in having an alcoholban even on election day, is it because the government doesn't trust the people not to drink so they have to ban it? and as if it would be so difficult to stock up and get wasted at home.... Just a bunch of non-sense thai logic yet again.

While I'm against alcohol ban myself, can't you darned people seriously be without bar for two freakin days? I mean, seriously - if you're that addicted, then there should be bigger things to worry than not being able to go to bar for two days.